JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK I'm at a total lose as to which firearm would have enough variation in SN placement that you could end up assembling a complete firearm with 2 SN's, and by extension does that mean that you could take the leftover parts and assemble ANOTHER complete firearm with no SN? :confused:

Here is another semi related question.

If I build a slamfire 12ga Firearm (26+ OAL and 18.5+ barrel) and mount it on top of a serialized glock 17 or 19 frame (that was sold and transferred to me as a frame, will that Firearm be transferred as a shotgun to a person in WA or CA?

Could I use the serial number on the glock frame for transfer purposes or would I add a new serial number?

Edit: I will mock up one this weekend with a unstarted P80 frame to demonstrate what I am asking about. The stripped Glock frame would serve as the main pistol grip and as a location for the Firearm's barrel assy to be mounted.

Last Edited:
As a few folks already mentioned yes both SN#s will go on the 4473.

An example is this .50BMG upper a client had transferred in and also had a lower built for, transferred to him as two firearms.

IMG_0778.PNG

woah, wait a min... .50bmg AR upper was serialized? That's not a firearm per ATF, why a serial?
Up until a few years ago that was the case:

I can't recall the exact measurement but they started defining uppers with a caliber over a certain measurement as firearms.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews