JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Palmetto State Armory sells they're AKs without furniture and the FCG intended for those who want to save some money when putting together a custom build. See link. https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ak-101-side-folding-barrel-assembly-furniture-ready.html

My question is, would this transfer as a rifle, or a pistol? or "other"?
For context, I am a 20 Y/O male, and the reason why I question this is because at one point I had attempted to purchase a 16" AR upper and lower (separated by mfg) in the past for cheap but was told it could not be transferred to me due to the ATF classifying the lower as restricted to those under 21 (I was 18 at the time).
From the very little info I was able to find on this, apperently this transfers as a "Rifle", instead of an "other". I would like to make sure though before I purchase this, and avoid having to have the FFL return it to the MFG due to me being under 21.

Any FFL holders able to clarify this? Do these PSA kits transfer as a rifle? Thanks in advance, I know this is a pretty confusing question.

I'd email PSA but the link you provided says "Rifles must be shipped..." so I would presume it's a rifle.

Screenshot_20230818_183916_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Barrel length of 16", I'll bet it's a rifle, but you should ask them.
I'm certainly no expert but I thought the deciding factor for what's a rifle is a stock, not barrel length (barrel length distinguishes a rifle from a short barreled rifle). Pistols, for example, can have any barrel length at all. For example, below is still not a rifle. I thought on the applicable forms a receiver had its own category apart from long gun or handgun.

633FC70C-0EE7-44E4-8680-C6D55E909590.jpeg

I'm certainly no expert but I thought the deciding factor for what's a rifle is a stock, not barrel length (barrel length distinguishes a rifle from a short barreled rifle). Pistols, for example, can have any barrel length at all. For example, below is still not a rifle. I thought on the applicable forms a receiver had its own category apart from long gun or handgun.
The firearm in question has a folding stock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top