JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What little snow we had is swiftly going away...but it is still quite windy and cold...
Our cats and dog are having "cabin fever" in various degrees....As for me I am dividing my time between here and a book , Washington Irving "A Tour of the Prairies"...along with that wonderful elixir ...Coffee...hot ..strong and black...:D
Andy

I'm ready for summer. :confused:

+1, my friend. This has been a very mild winter, particularly compared to the last one, but I love the hot weather of summertime. :)

Back to the original post, we have snow up in the hills, but elsewhere it is clear. It was wet and cold, but me and the Smurfy-One (@TeacherSmurf) were able to get some shooting in today. :D

I'm in the valley at work and nothing is sticking. As for my house it aint looking pretty. According to my camera's at home it looks like we have about 3-4 inches already! :eek:

Snow Deer.JPG
Couple inches in Washougal so far

PHHnYgw.jpg

I've spent the last three days shoveling snow off the roofs of the warehouses I manage. Once we get over 2 feet up there it's a gamble whether or not it will rain and make the snow heavy enough to cave in the roofs. Now I'm off to help repair my friend's building where the awnings all collapsed the other day. I love thinking back to my days in Oregon when one inch of snow meant people crashing their cars, closing schools and businesses, and literally dying. We don't really get much snow, comparatively, in SE Alaska, but this is average for January/February.

No snow on the ground... CCC, PCC and MHCC are officially closed! Needless to say that PPS and the metro area school districts are also closed. Still snowing tho! Lmao

I love shoveling snow off roofs! Especially when I get paid to do it!

No snow on the ground... CCC, PCC and MHCC are officially closed! Needless to say that PPS and the metro area school districts are also closed. Still snowing tho! Lmao

I love shoveling snow off roofs! Especially when I get paid to do it!

I loved going to PPS for the absurd snow days. Literally ANY accumulation and schools closed down. I'm not sure that the schools in this town have ever closed due to snow. After driving on snow for 6 winters up here, I'm thoroughly amazed at how bad Portland drivers are in the snow/ice. Here's a classic example:

And roof shoveling is super fun, today I get to do one steep enough to need a harness!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top