JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Friends--I just received an alert over the Linn/Benton counties (Oregon) alert system of an extreme weather event (heat) starting this Friday 9/9/2022. Sheriff's Department Alert system is assisting power companies to alert all residents of danger of power outages up to two days and the possibility of power being deliberately cut off during that period. So be prepared to do without power for any or all of the period from Friday through the weekend. Fire hazard will be very high.

Last time I got that alert we lost $30k in the fire. Sh!t, glad I've got my generators all ready but dang, livin rural has its challenges. Now, I need to buy a gen big enough to power my well. I was dumb and bought a brand new one after the ice storm only to find out it's the wrong voltage for my well. Good thing I work at a water plant and can always haul potable water home with our backup gens in the city.

My concern is that I can get from the Willamette Valley to La Pine and back this weekend. From what I remember from two years ago there was no open route across the Cascades for a week or two. A year or two before I was a mite nervous hauling 1000 lbs of ammo to Redmond while the sides of the hwy were on fire from the Big Lake fire.

My concern is that I can get from the Willamette Valley to La Pine and back this weekend. From what I remember from two years ago there was no open route across the Cascades for a week or two. A year or two before I was a mite nervous hauling 1000 lbs of ammo to Redmond while the sides of the hwy were on fire from the Big Lake fire.

Trying to reenact the Redball Express during WWII were ya?!

:s0001:

It's not the just heat they are afraid of it's the combonation of heat , low humidity and high east winds just like 2 years ago. They want to turn the power off before the lines blow down to prevent the fires.
If they properly maintained their transmission and distribution equipment, and their rights of way, it wouldn't be necessary to cut power.

Friends--I just received an alert over the Linn/Benton counties (Oregon) alert system of an extreme weather event (heat) starting this Friday 9/9/2022. Sheriff's Department Alert system is assisting power companies to alert all residents of danger of power outages up to two days and the possibility of power being deliberately cut off during that period. So be prepared to do without power for any or all of the period from Friday through the weekend. Fire hazard will be very high.
PGE sent out a notice yesterday that they will be cutting power in high risk areas. They have a map and it's basically all in the forested areas.

Last time I got that alert we lost $30k in the fire. Sh!t, glad I've got my generators all ready but dang, livin rural has its challenges. Now, I need to buy a gen big enough to power my well. I was dumb and bought a brand new one after the ice storm only to find out it's the wrong voltage for my well. Good thing I work at a water plant and can always haul potable water home with our backup gens in the city.
I'll give $100.00 for your new generator to put towards your needed other generator!
;) ;) Of course only if it's tri fuel- :)

Interesting we will be coming down 20 from the junction on the 25th. But turning south near the top of Tombstone so above the closure. But good to know that isn't an option for exit.

For those interested, I made it over Hwy 58 an hour or so before they shut it down on Friday. I had to come back 126 today. So all good made it to La Pine and back with no problems.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top