JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost got this nice bear on the first day of my mulie hunt this year but he was just too far away, got some cool video of him sittin on his butt munching away lol
Was 20 yards from these 2 on the same hunt i saw the bear on. Typically see more mt goats than anything else when im there lol they are all over the place
Another goat pic and some sheep ewes, same trip
Where was this trip, exactly? I like the terrain, and am curious as to where this is.
And don't worry, I don't hunt, so I'm not gonna run in there and "poach" anything from ya... ;)

For sure. The terrain alone would most likely keep most sane hunters out but you never know lol. If you kill anything in there you certainly earn it! I was practically alone in there it was awesome
My reason for being in there years ago was scouting for new rock climbing routes. The terrain certainly looks steep enough that it might provide... ;)

Was 20 yards from these 2 on the same hunt i saw the bear on. Typically see more mt goats than anything else when im there lol they are all over the place

View attachment 1114572 View attachment 1114574
I saw one of those goats in The Gorge between Stevenson and Carson. If you've been up there much you'll know there's that, somewhat, unstable cliff right next to the road between the two towns. I saw that goat for just a glimpse way up at the edge of one of the outcroppings. That profile is easy to recognize.

@Mikej that mountain goat, nicknamed Sweeney after the section of road, Sweeney's Corners, where it was living, isn't there any more. Rumor has it that WDFW tranquilized it and moved it because of the hazards from people stopping to look for it. No one ever figured out where it came from as the nearest known population is in the Goat Rocks Wilderness, 60 miles away.

@Mikej that mountain goat, nicknamed Sweeney after the section of road, Sweeney's Corners, where it was living, isn't there any more. Rumor has it that WDFW tranquilized it and moved it because of the hazards from people stopping to look for it. No one ever figured out where it came from as the nearest known population is in the Goat Rocks Wilderness, 60 miles away.
Sweeny huh?

I remember seeing the pics that day from a guy that had just driven up to the show. Kind of sad, but yeah, dummies stopping in the middle of those turns to take a pic would have caused a problem.

I saw one of those goats in The Gorge between Stevenson and Carson. If you've been up there much you'll know there's that, somewhat, unstable cliff right next to the road between the two towns. I saw that goat for just a glimpse way up at the edge of one of the outcroppings. That profile is easy to recognize.
Thats cool! I have a 5 min video of that nanny and kid, we surprised eachother and had a 10 min+ stare down while they just stood there chewing their cud lol. They took off when i started walking to leave. They are pretty easy to get close to, not as spooky as most critters

Thats cool! I have a 5 min video of that nanny and kid, we surprised eachother and had a 10 min+ stare down while they just stood there chewing their cud lol. They took off when i started walking to leave. They are pretty easy to get close to, not as spooky as most critters
We used to go to Utah to visit family and friends in early January for quite a few years. Only once, did we see a large group of big horn sheep not too far off 84 up on the South side above the highway. Every year after that we'd look, but never saw them again.

We used to go to Utah to visit family and friends in early January for quite a few years. Only once, did we see a large group of big horn sheep not too far off 84 up on the South side above the highway. Every year after that we'd look, but never saw them again.
In general sheep seem way more skittish and harder to spot than a bright white goat for sure! Crazy how good their vision is too. I havent spent time looking for them hard tho. I saw my first rocky mt bighorn rams up close spring of 2020, ran into them on a trail at about 20 yards. They were not mature rams but were bigger bodied than i imagined they'd be. Didn't get a good pic cause they saw me first and took off so fast, this is through my binoculars freehand with my phone lol

20200525_093627.jpg 20200525_093625.jpg 20200525_093445.jpg 20200525_093439.jpg

Package thief! I often watch after packages are delivered cuz 2 legged animals try to steal them. This time I forgot and ring cam alerted me to this guy trying to break into food boxes about 4-5 min after delivery (3:45 in afternoon, not at night). Smart little buggers. How did it know? Did it see the delivery? Crazy good smell alone?
08859267-7E93-48B6-8D84-C0A3E5B252FB.jpeg

Last Edited:
Package thief! I often watch after packages are delivered cuz 2 legged animals try to steal them. This time I forgot and ring cam alerted me to this guy trying to break into food boxes about 4-5 min after delivery (3:45 in afternoon, not at night). Smart little buggers. How did it know? Did it see the delivery? Crazy good smell alone?
View attachment 1125902
Thanks to @HighLine my Trash Panda is in gun shop jail waiting for a tax stamp to show up in the mail. I'm slowly accepting the fact that in the future my Trash Panda may aid in ending a trash panda. :D

9831B5DE-9CE6-4CA6-A37E-F97EE20265C9.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top