JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel the same way man. Id NEVER shell out $1k-2k for a pistol or even pistol caliber carbine. Thats just ridiculous. Now, if we could own select fire versions? Then yes, In a heart beat!

But for mere semi auto versions? Even with the use of braces? No thanks.. Id rather get a Tavor, M1A or some other awesome, expensive firearm for that much.

Mall Ninjas, that's why. And because they can. Why the hell not?

While $110 Mil may be excessive, Basquiat's art is amazing. The dude was a walking tragedy, though. RIP.
Graffiti is an interesting artform. 99.9999% of it is crap territorial pissing, and then I am stopped at whatever I am doing when I see one that is, to me, a true masterpiece.
Every artwork that I have seen first in an art book, then in person, has been a mind expansive experience. Pieter Bruegel and his peasant scenes come to mind, or Rembrandt's Night Watch, when it was still in what looked like a barn, before they cleaned the painting. Pictures don't do art any justice.
I wouldn't buy a painting for more than 15 bucks I don't care who painted it lol I have family or I should say in-laws that are all artsy fartsy lol I tell them this you can call your self a Artest all you want but unless you can make a living at it and support yourself with out welfare IT'S A HOBBY now go get a real job

Most things made in Switzerland are expensive. I'm thinking mall ninja's can't afford this stuff. See cut & paste below

The APC-9 uses straight blowback function. It fires from the closed bolt and features a bolt lock-back mechanism thus facilitating quick reloads. This overcomes one of the major issues with the H&K MP5 family of weapons, which do not have a bolt lock-back mechanism (though H&K's UMP series does).
The trigger mechanism for the semi-automatic version of the APC is adapted from the AR-15 family, which allows greater versatility for after-market accessories/changes. All controls are ambidextrous and the charging handle can be switched to either side like the Beretta ARX-160. After firing the last bullet, the bolt is held in the rear position by a latch.
The weapon comes complete with an Aimpoint TL1 Optic, single point sling, cleaning kit and quick detachable vertical handgrip. The top of the weapon has an aluminum NAR (NATO Accessory Rail) integrated into the top receiver. There are NAR rails on the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions. The lower rail is machined aluminum while the lateral rails are made of the same polymer material as the trigger housing. The reason for this is that it is more likely that the rail in the 6 o'clock position will be used with a sighting device such as a laser, whereas the side rails will probably be used of illumination devices which do not require maintaining zero.
Also available in .45 ACP.

If you watch the national news, you will see loads of Middle-Eastern men shooting AK-47's that don't have a shoulder stock. They pour thousands of rounds using the "spray and Pray" method of marksmanship and then run around like school children while doing it. The world is filled with men that have tiny personal parts that compensate by buying firearms like this one and then thinking that beautiful women are waiting to have their children. Idiots.

Mall Ninjas, that's why. And because they can. Why the hell not?

While $110 Mil may be excessive, Basquiat's art is amazing. The dude was a walking tragedy, though. RIP.
Graffiti is an interesting artform. 99.9999% of it is crap territorial pissing, and then I am stopped at whatever I am doing when I see one that is, to me, a true masterpiece.
Every artwork that I have seen first in an art book, then in person, has been a mind expansive experience. Pieter Bruegel and his peasant scenes come to mind, or Rembrandt's Night Watch, when it was still in what looked like a barn, before they cleaned the painting. Pictures don't do art any justice.

Good post! And, I agree. Here in N&NE PDX there are a number of fine art paintings on walls.
It always fascinated me that the ancient Romans enjoyed a very high rate of literacy because of their madness for graffiti! Like to time warp back and see some examples! :)

Most things made in Switzerland are expensive. I'm thinking mall ninja's can't afford this stuff. See cut & paste below

The APC-9 uses straight blowback function. It fires from the closed bolt and features a bolt lock-back mechanism thus facilitating quick reloads. This overcomes one of the major issues with the H&K MP5 family of weapons, which do not have a bolt lock-back mechanism (though H&K's UMP series does).
The trigger mechanism for the semi-automatic version of the APC is adapted from the AR-15 family, which allows greater versatility for after-market accessories/changes. All controls are ambidextrous and the charging handle can be switched to either side like the Beretta ARX-160. After firing the last bullet, the bolt is held in the rear position by a latch.
The weapon comes complete with an Aimpoint TL1 Optic, single point sling, cleaning kit and quick detachable vertical handgrip. The top of the weapon has an aluminum NAR (NATO Accessory Rail) integrated into the top receiver. There are NAR rails on the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions. The lower rail is machined aluminum while the lateral rails are made of the same polymer material as the trigger housing. The reason for this is that it is more likely that the rail in the 6 o'clock position will be used with a sighting device such as a laser, whereas the side rails will probably be used of illumination devices which do not require maintaining zero.
Also available in .45 ACP.

Eeyup, the instant I saw Swiss I knew it was a billfold burner! This little gat is definitely a POS, designed to be a POS! But, I'll bet it runs like a Swiss watch! That's weird!!! o_O

I wouldn't buy a painting for more than 15 bucks I don't care who painted it lol I have family or I should say in-laws that are all artsy fartsy lol I tell them this you can call your self a Artest all you want but unless you can make a living at it and support yourself with out welfare IT'S A HOBBY now go get a real job
And that kind of thinking is why the stereotype of "starving artist" is more true now than ever :rolleyes: You do have to consider this though.... making paintings, drawings, or other artwork to sell is in fact a real job. How many hours do you think it takes to make a good, emotive portrait, or landscape, or other things? The big problem here is though... people undervalue the time spent and the skills necessary to do such things. Thousands of dollars spent on an education in Arts, for what? To be on the streets hawking paintings and such for low money while just knowing the right gallery owners and groups would give millions of dollars to what is considered a graffiti artist??
Graphic Arts, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Architecture, Blueprint drafting, Photography, Landscape Design, Fashion Design, Video Game design, Sequential Novel/Storyboard/Story Art(Comics/Graphic novel/movies) Animation, and so on...these are all real good careers, BUT they are also very competitive. There's only so many clients who has the capital to burn on any of those careers and the education required to attain Masters, Bachelors, or Doctorates in these fields are very expensive.... And thats just the Professional artist field. Back on topic.....

WHy would someone pay $thousands for what amounts to a cool looking Swiss made handgun? They can if they want. Why would someone pay $millions to an athlete to play ball with 4 other men against 5 other men on a wood floor?

And that kind of thinking is why the stereotype of "starving artist" is more true now than ever :rolleyes: You do have to consider this though.... making paintings, drawings, or other artwork to sell is in fact a real job. How many hours do you think it takes to make a good, emotive portrait, or landscape, or other things? The big problem here is though... people undervalue the time spent and the skills necessary to do such things. Thousands of dollars spent on an education in Arts, for what? To be on the streets hawking paintings and such for low money while just knowing the right gallery owners and groups would give millions of dollars to what is considered a graffiti artist??
Graphic Arts, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Architecture, Blueprint drafting, Photography, Landscape Design, Fashion Design, Video Game design, Sequential Novel/Storyboard/Story Art(Comics/Graphic novel/movies) Animation, and so on...these are all real good careers, BUT they are also very competitive. There's only so many clients who has the capital to burn on any of those careers and the education required to attain Masters, Bachelors, or Doctorates in these fields are very expensive.... And thats just the Professional artist field. Back on topic.....

WHy would someone pay $thousands for what amounts to a cool looking Swiss made handgun? They can if they want. Why would someone pay $millions to an athlete to play ball with 4 other men against 5 other men on a wood floor?
Today is the last day of Barnum and Bailey with elephants (all animals.? don't know).
"Every crowd has a silver lining"..
and about a thousand more quotes, bless his heart (PT).
f'ers won that.. 146 years and no more

"For what we lack in skill, we make up for in firepower!"
"Right on target, that'd be center mass."

It looks cool, I would want one.
I will never buy one.
The only way I'll buy this or a Glock is if it has select fire. Tho I'll buy the select fire Glock first.

"For what we lack in skill, we make up for in firepower!"
"Right on target, that'd be center mass."

It looks cool, I would want one.
I will never buy one.
The only way I'll buy this or a Glock is if it has select fire. Tho I'll buy the select fire Glock first.
Be the Indian, not the arrow. don't matter

I feel the same way man. Id NEVER shell out $1k-2k for a pistol or even pistol caliber carbine. Thats just ridiculous. Now, if we could own select fire versions? Then yes, In a heart beat!

But for mere semi auto versions? Even with the use of braces? No thanks.. Id rather get a Tavor, M1A or some other awesome, expensive firearm for that much.
My MP5 doesn't care what you think! :D It's actually really fun to shoot. Even people who have no idea what it is like it better than a "regular" pistol.

My MP5 doesn't care what you think! :D It's actually really fun to shoot. Even people who have no idea what it is like it better than a "regular" pistol.
Thats the one exception.. If I had the cash for a really nice MP5 or variant, I would at least get one of those even if it was only semi auto. Such an iconic firearm certainly has its place in a collection.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top