JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I
Not into tax stamps but sure wish I would have picked one of these up prior to Inslee dropping the hammer.

I'll tell you something about my Stribog non-reciprocating 2 rod version. It is crazy accurate. I mean it's really uncanny how easy it is to shoot that gun well. Especially shooting fast at multiple targets. Shooting side by side vs an mp5 no question it has more recoil but it makes up for it in accuracy. Trigger may have a lot to do with it. Stock trigger on A1 version is excellent. You can also lighten it up some if you want with hb tactical springs which is a 3-5 min job. It's a really solid gun. No malfunctions on mine ever. Global ordnance had 30 round mags for $7.99 last month.

Been thinking about putting my echo sport binary in it just for giggles but never have. Ammo too expensive and I like the stock trigger too much. Besides a little bird told me that bump firing is super easy with this gun and it loves to run fast. It was designed as a full auto then modified for semi auto and it shows when running it fast. Have never shot the a3 "semi-roller delayed" one so I can't comment on that version at all except I heard the trigger is not as good on that version (no personal experience).

Last Edited:
I

I'll tell you something about my Stribog non-reciprocating 2 rod version. It is crazy accurate. I mean it's really uncanny how easy it is to shoot that gun well. Shooting side by side vs an mp5 no question it has more recoil but it makes up for it in accuracy. Trigger may have a lot to do with it. Stock trigger on A1 version is excellent. You can also lighten it up some if you want with hb tactical springs which is a 3-5 min job. It's a really solid gun. No malfunctions on mine ever. Global ordnance had 30 round mags for $7.99 last month. Been thinking about putting my echo sport binary in it just for giggles but never have. Ammo too expensive and I like the stock trigger too much.
How dare you compare this to an MP5!!!! Them's fightin words sir!

:s0140::s0140:

My wife wants a rifle that fits her. When we first met in Iraq she had an M4, zero problems walking with her. For some reason she had to turn it in and was issued an M16, HATED it. Not to mention it smacked me in the shin if I walked on the wrong side. After having a frank discussion with my wife about moving up rifle purchases from after the nest is empty to before Olympia goes full ban hammer, she was hesitant because she wants a rifle that fits her. She wants something like the M4 she could shoot expert with. "I thought short barrel rifles were illegal for civilians?" Tax stamps and trusts and Form 1s oh my.

I

I'll tell you something about my Stribog non-reciprocating 2 rod version. It is crazy accurate. I mean it's really uncanny how easy it is to shoot that gun well. Especially shooting fast at multiple targets. Shooting side by side vs an mp5 no question it has more recoil but it makes up for it in accuracy. Trigger may have a lot to do with it. Stock trigger on A1 version is excellent. You can also lighten it up some if you want with hb tactical springs which is a 3-5 min job. It's a really solid gun. No malfunctions on mine ever. Global ordnance had 30 round mags for $7.99 last month.

Been thinking about putting my echo sport binary in it just for giggles but never have. Ammo too expensive and I like the stock trigger too much. Besides a little bird told me that bump firing is super easy with this gun and it loves to run fast. It was designed as a full auto then modified for semi auto and it shows when running it fast. Have never shot the a3 "semi-roller delayed" one so I can't comment on that version at all except I heard the trigger is not as good on that version (no personal experience).
My stribog is insanely accurate too. It's actually one of my SBR's haha. Got a little mini acr stock on it and a stubby vfg plus some other stuff. It looks identical to this one but with a MRO instead of an eotech. I've had it out to 150 yards on a steel target and it's pretty impressive for a little sub gun in 9mm

zvh9mhn3wfx51.jpg

I've always thought of that gun as an abomination. Idk why. It's a really solid gun but man that stock (in my opinion) is gawd awful
Keeps the price down ha ha. Direct blowback though and more of a toy I think. $1300 is cheap for HK. SL8 is another one that is cheap. Can get for $1000 used occasionally. The stocks are so odd they must have been designed for the assault weapons ban. THat era produce some odd looking weapons.

Both of them I always thought would be cool to have but they are so down the wants list for me they really aren't even on the list. If I could get one for ridiculously cheap I would get one though.

SL8_Left_Web-1.jpg

Last Edited:
Keeps the price down ha ha. Direct blowback though and more of a toy I think. $1300 is cheap for HK. SL8 is another one that is cheap. Can get for $1000 used occasionally. The stocks are so odd they must have been designed for the assault weapons ban. THat era produce some odd looking weapons.

Both of them I always thought would be cool to have but they are so down the wants list for me they really aren't even on the list. If I could get one for ridiculously cheap I would get one though.

View attachment 1341576
That photo makes me think of a g36. Man I can't tell you how many of my guns I'd let go for a fresh Tommy built g36 lol

That photo makes me think of a g36. Man I can't tell you how many of my guns I'd let go for a fresh Tommy built g36 lol
FWIW I would suggest researching tommy built tactical g36 very thoroughly if you go down that road. I did, and did not like what I found at all. Took it off my list forever. Love the looks of g36C though.

FWIW I would suggest researching tommy built tactical g36 very thoroughly if you go down that road. I did, and did not like what I found at all. Took it off my list forever. Love the looks of g36C though.
I've followed them for a while and quality seems awesome. The only issue I've ever discovered was the issue with their lowers being considered machine guns.

I've followed them for a while and quality seems awesome. The only issue I've ever discovered was the issue with their lowers being considered machine guns.
The original T36 model was determined to be a "machine gun" by ATF :rolleyes:, so TBT came out with the TG36 which addressed the ATF's issues with the platform. There have been reliability issues with some TBT firearms, while others run like tops for tens of thousands of rounds. A common one appears to be ammo sensitivity; the G36 platform was designed and intended to run 5.56 NATO, so running .223 tends to cause problems. Other issues may be related to the varying quality of G36 parts used to assemble them. It's a 30 year old polymer-framed platform, so definitely a "do your research and read the manual" kind of gun. Full disclosure, I didn't do much research until @ilikegunspdx pointed out the issues in another thread - thanks for the headsup, btw!

I've had a T36 (or now a TG36) on my wish list for years, so I'll happily buy one in spite of there being a possibility of reliability issues. Everything I've heard indicates TBT stands behind their products and will fix it if your gun doesn't work right. As a collector I'm willing to take that risk - it's a gun I want to own and shoot for pleasure, not one that I intend to rely on to defend myself with. I have other guns with proven track records of reliability that I will use for that purpose. My opinion of that may change the one I eventually get ends up being super reliable, but I'm going in with the expectation it will just be a fun piece to have and scratch that "video game cool factor" itch.

The only SBR I've done was a form 4 for my Sig 556 rifle. The wait times suck and hard to forget when you put a chunk of change paid up front and all. I've got one 5.56 can and two more cans (9mm Surefire tri lug MP5, and an Oculus. 22) waiting in AFT jail for lord knows how long. I figured as much as I hate this form of registration, like many of us, we don't have much of a private life anymore due to a number of factors etc.

20201107_203528.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top