JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this is strictly out of curiosity. I myself have no intentions of doing one and pass no judgment on those that do. Also, if there is an opportunity for me to learn something here I'm unaware of then even better. Generally though, I'm just interested in peoples thought process on this.

So I'm wondering why any of you have, are going to, or would do an SBR? What would be or is the value for you in paying the extra $200 to the decepticons and simultaneously willingly register your "evil weapon of war"? Why not just run a braced pistol and "sporadically" shoulder it?

Because braces are stupid.
Ya!
download.jpeg

Full disclosure, I have not taken the plunge yet. I see doing the gun trust with multiple family members as the best way to go. I have a properly built sbr AK with the welded on barrel extension. The day I got it , my braced pistols did magically seem stupid all of a sudden

Yeah I'm not too hip on SBRing anything because if the great purge happens; those people will be the first ones attacked and raided for their guns by the gooshtepping goons from the totalitarian system that this country is becoming

Edit: perhaps if I lived in a really, really gun friendly state I might consider it. It's legal where I am, but the fascist in control of the state that I am in would be more than happy to have that be one of the things they take away from "we the people".

Last Edited:
Yeah I'm not too hip on SBRing anything because if the great purge happens; those people will be the first ones attacked and raided for their guns by the gooshtepping goons from the totalitarian system that this country is becoming
My thoughts as well.

However, there are people who have and will continue to do so. So im legitimately curious as to why.

Because an SP5 with a fixed stock would be amazing!
I picked up an AP5 just a few weeks ago, and It is sitting in the safe right now as I flounder around deciding if I want to SBR or brace it.........
Depending on what stock/brace I go with it may be cheaper to SBR it.

Well I don't currently live in a free state so SBR's are not an option and AR pistols are so nuetered at this point it's hardly worth it...until a few of the pending SCOTUS cases clear out.

But if I could, I'd love to have one. I think they'd be great for home defense and for a "truck gun" on those rare occasions where I wanted something more than a pistol...like on a long road trip or something.

I would usually throw a rifle in the truck on days where I would be riding ferries up in WA since security is almost non existent on the boats, you can driver right on with WHATEVER you want, and you've got a...captive...audience for a good hour with sketchy cell service. Who needs to go after an airliner when you can drive a fan full of buddies and arms right on to a giant ferry??

But maybe I'm weird for thinking like that. YMMV.

Kinda the idea behind the question... why continue to fund these 💩...
It's interesting that 85% plus percent of members said they won't get a permit to purchase but some of those members don't have a problem paying $200 to get on a federal registry for one firearm. They also don't have a problem paying for the right to carry concealed.

Well I don't currently live in a free state so SBR's are not an option and AR pistols are so nuetered at this point it's hardly worth it...until a few of the pending SCOTUS cases clear out.

But if I could, I'd love to have one. I think they'd be great for home defense and for a "truck gun" on those rare occasions where I wanted something more than a pistol...like on a long road trip or something.

I would usually throw a rifle in the truck on days where I would be riding ferries up in WA since security is almost non existent on the boats, you can driver right on with WHATEVER you want, and you've got a...captive...audience for a good hour with sketchy cell service. Who needs to go after an airliner when you can drive a fan full of buddies and arms right on to a giant ferry??

But maybe I'm weird for thinking like that. YMMV.
No one lives in a free state anymore... just less restricted ones in some cases. Until you can walk into any gun shop and walk out in 30 minutes with a Thompson sub (like you used to be able to) there is no actual "freedom".

So to your home defense or truck gun idea... again I ask why a stamped and registered SBR over a braced pistol?

Last Edited:
some guns are originally SBRs and to buy em you gotta buy the Rifle/pistol and SBR it to bring it to original form. The rifle/pistol versions are just not as cool, fun, collectible (collection worthy) or even useful.

It's interesting that 85% plus percent of members said they won't get a permit to purchase but some of those members don't have a problem paying $200 to get on a federal registry for one firearm. They also don't have a problem paying for the right to carry concealed.
I agree with your position. Though 114 specifically mentions a public registery and I think that could be the big deal for people. Obviously we could argue about what is actually documented (registry) right now, but 114 just comes right out and says it.

Those same people will be the first to call others criminals and probably rat others out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top