JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like we're both right. However it's interesting to note that the ATF explicitly says not designed or redesigned to fire rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition. That pretty much says all the metallic cartridge firearms from the civil war onwards (rolling block, lever, side by side rifles, etc) can be considered to be under NFA control if they meet any one of the NFA definition categories. Seems only the cap and ball, inline muzzleloaders, flintlock types, all can be exempted from.NFA. it also says NFA firearms that are C&R eligible,, are still NFA firearms.
Yea I guess they are thinking pinfire? Ian McCollum had a civil war q and a video the other day that talked about pinfire being the cartridge available at the time but they went with rifled muskets due to cheaper to produce/ readily available I think he said. Some of those pinfire guns look cool and are cheap but how one would ever shoot them I don't know.

Some wild pinfires just for fun:

C28D9EAE-0B1B-47E1-8E40-CD5D5D159D8F.jpeg
AD1CE3E7-95B2-4679-A9E9-9912E61BFDB7.jpeg

Last Edited:

read the definition of antique firearm as such those prior to 1898 do not fall under the NFA as they are not technically firearms per the ATF at least as best as I can tell.

I don't own any NFA eligible pre 1898s myself. Only 4 pistols from those eras. 3 revolvers and a percussion pistol.

A couple of rifles that may predate that.

read the definition of antique firearm as such those prior to 1898 do not fall under the NFA as they are not technically firearms per the ATF.
Only if they aren't rimfire or fixed ammunition centerfire firearms like the Winchester 1894s and Rolling Blocks or similar.

Only if they aren't rimfire or fixed ammunition centerfire firearms like the Winchester 1894s and Rolling Blocks or similar.
Or use obsolete ammunition... Sheesh. I remember looking at a pre 1898 SBR but it used a very obsolete ammunition type. As in, you would have paid a fortune for the 3 brass I could find online. I scrapped the idea. I had forgotten the full definition.

Cause pistol braces are dumb and a stock is more better.

Plus way less of a headache with all the dumb sh!t and unknowns floating the toilet bowl we call American legislation now.

Not worried about being on a list. We all are on one list or another already.

Free tax stamp for a limited time. This change anything ?
Yes, it puts things that go BOOM in a federal registry, as opposed to things that go POOF. All depends what you're comfortable with. Remember the AWB is still sitting in the Senate after having passed the Dem House, and the potential for dead dogs increases exponentially.

I'm not the OP, but it changes things for me if the new "law" is enacted. I will register my pistol and change to an adjustable stock. In fact, I already ordered the stock because I feel that "if" this goes into place, there will be a larger demand for them.

Anyone SBR because their already on the "list" for owning a silencer, so they figured why not?
This, yes many of us already have suppressors, all registered and tax stamped. So doing the stamp on an SBR isn't any different, pay it and you have a fun shooting SBR. Let's not kid ourselves, they already know what we have purchased legally, the stamp is just funding for their bubblegum show. When it all comes down to it if they they are coming for our SBR's and suppressors, pretty sure they will be coming for all of them.

Doesn't change anything for me. In fact this solidifies even more I won't be doing one. Really, a free stamp... for something already "manufactured"... and very few are seeing red flags on this. This entire thing is entrapment and has been confirmed by many lawyers.

YouTube search - GOA on brace ban. There are dozens of civilians and lawyers alike explaining the 88 day rule and how it pertains to this and confirms the act entrapment.

This is beyond being on a list. We're all on some list for one reason or another whether it pertains to guns or not.

At this point the title of my post should be "why comply". Instead of the majority seeing a free stamp and freely giving up their God given right even further... what if 100% of the owners of the 100's of thousands of pistols with braces said "NO". They have no recourse for complete non compliance. The best they could do is come up with some new infringement and again we all say no.

Doesn't change anything for me. In fact this solidifies even more I won't be doing one. Really, a free stamp... for something already "manufactured"... and very few are seeing red flags on this. This entire thing is entrapment and has been confirmed by many lawyers.

YouTube search - GOA on brace ban. There are dozens of civilians and lawyers alike explaining the 88 day rule and how it pertains to this and confirms the act entrapment.

This is beyond being on a list. We're all on some list for one reason or another whether it pertains to guns or not.

At this point the title of my post should be "why comply". Instead of the majority seeing a free stamp and freely giving up their God given right even further... what if 100% of the owners of the 100's of thousands of pistols with braces said "NO". They have no recourse for complete non compliance. The best they could do is come up with some new infringement and again we all say no.
26 USC 5848 covers the whole "self-incriminating" paperwork stuff. 88 days may be a myth based on the FBI open BG check deletion thing. ATF agent present at SHOT show may not have the right info or knowledge, she isn't a lawyer who has memorized every iota of ATF regulations :rolleyes:

Edit. They did provide "4 routes" to be "legal"..

1. Comply and register with either free tax stamp or pay $200 tax stamp and don't worry 1 bit

2. Put a 16"+ barrel on and swap for real stock

3. Remove or destroy brace, keep firearm otherwise same

4. Turn in firearm or destroy it.

You do whatever you want. There are more than 1 lawsuit relating to this already filed so it'll be interesting to see how things go

I like your style, brother. Unfortunately it's not well known enough to create another Boston tea party. If everyone in the country decided to burn their w2s in protest tomorrow, I don't think the IRS would magically disappear.
And I yours.

Therein lies the problem. Too few are educating themselves to the degree they should.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top