JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back I posted some range time with my FNX and FNS. At first my FNX did not shot as accurately as I expected. So took it back out and comes to find out its actually a ringer. Shoots better than my glock or M&P. was going to sell it, now I am keeping it. But to my point, why is fnh not popular as for every thing I have shot, it's a solid weapon. And yes, the scar is bad to the bone.....

I don't know. The FNP,FNX, and FNS lines are all new. Both the designs and the USA mfg division. There were some early problems. It's tough to pull off a new product at a new plant in a new location (USA). The guns made in Belgium are respected around the world, if somewhat less known in America. I have an FNP tactical 45, a FNH 5-7, and a Browning HP. They are all good designs, and well made.

I suspect over time, FNP,X&S will increase in popularity. They are certainly a good value right now.

I have wondered the same thing, my FNS is the bees knees! It is a smooth shooter, acurate even beyond 25yds, came with night sights, 3 magazines and didn't break the bank. The finish is top notch, doesn't show any wear on the slide from holstering or any other bubblegum that I put it through. I am thoroughly pleased with it, i really want to pick up a FNX as well as i wished they had made a compact version of the FNS or even FNX. Besides they are just "FN awesome"!

Why they're not more popular is a fairly easy question... they're still new. The M&P has been around since at least 2006-2007, the FNP, quickly followed by the FNX it's still a new design.

I picked up an FNX-9 last year after buying an FNP-40 before that. I like the FNX-9 much better than the 40 (I think the gun is just a little too light for the .40 S&W), it's got great capacity, is a pleasure to shoot, and best of all it is price competitive with some of the newer springfield XD releases. I bought mine just before July 4th last year... with the intent to shoot it on the 4th at the annual BBQ. Another guy had just picked up the XD-S and had paid over $800 out the door for his, I think I paid about $650, and it had the night sites and came with 3 mags.

I think as time goes on the FN guns will get more traction, most everyone I know who has one loves it. For now they're still trying to duke it out with a number of newer but better established brands on the market.

I love my FNS-9, my Brother in law and my Dad both bought one after shooting mine. I would definitely buy another FN Pistol, shotgun or rifle. I have put 2,500 rounds through it with a variety of ammo, from high pressure jhp, to crappy ammo shortage reloads, lead, fmj it has never failed to feed or fire, stove pipes, nothing. Stone reliable gun. Nice shooter, nice trigger pull, and awesome trigger reset, easy to take apart, clean and maintain. The cool thing about having three of these in the family, They are ambi-guns and a hoot to shoot dual wield.

I've got couple for sale, if any of you want need more :wink: FNS 9mms For Sale. I love them, they shoot much straighter than I do, but I'm starting to have arthritis problems and can't sweep the safety on the draw. Best handguns I've ever had, and at a reasonable price.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top