JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
President Duarte of the Philippines is becoming closer and closer to China. What implications could this have for security in Asia? China just agreed to make an emergency free donation of new rifles to the Philippines Army, in order to help that nation battle Muslim insurgents.

Why is China giving free arms to the Philippines government? Do they have some kind of hidden agenda?

Here is a photo of Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte test firing the new Chinese rifles at at the former US military base near Angeles City.

sub-buzz-15822-1498836164-1.jpg

Note that in this news report below, Duarte refers to China as being a "good friend" of the Philippines.

China donates sniper rifles as Duterte aims to finish off militants

Duarte is vowing to destroy the Islamic insurgency once and for all. Is this the best way to deal with Muslim extremists? Simply kill them all?

Last Edited:
Because China recognizes the problem that Muslim extremists pose and they would rather the fighting be done in the Philippines than in China. Although China does have a large Muslim population in its westernmost province.

China has been courting Duarte for a long time. He's been trying to play the US and China against each other like a child would do to parents. He might want to touch bases with Vietnam about how wonderful it is to have China as your friend.

Why is China giving free arms to the Philippines government? Do they have some kind of hidden agenda?

Rodrigo Duterte is and has been a Marxist from the get go. This goes all the way back to his school days and his teacher Jose Sison {founder of the Filipino communist party and also a big noise in the NPA, the New Peoples Army, a communist revolutionary group that was very active in the past, but is currently staying quiet}.

Before Roddy's election last year, many Filipino's could have predicted that this was going to happen, because of his past affiliations. If he had his way, he already would have transformed the PI into a Beijing satellite.

Before he became President, he was the mayor of Davao City on the island of Mindanao {the Muslim strong hold in the Philippines}.. He had a lot of success in cleaning that area up of a massive drug problem, using the same methods he is using nationally today. He was elected by virtue of that track record. I've seen the massive drug problem there in person, caused largely by Chinese mainland smugglers. When the election came, the average voter chose a clean up of the drug problem, thinking they could hold their noses on the communist BS. They were wrong. {sound familiar ?}

Unfortunately for Duterte, most Filipinos {including the military} detest Chinese influence and have no use for communist ideology. They have always looked to the US as it's political and cultural big brother {pun intended}. With the meltdown that has occurred in the US over the past decade, there has been little or no support from up here {ok I'll say it...bba'bama}. It doesn't look like that is about to change anytime soon. A perfect window has opened for the chicoms to enter with a few trinkets and establish the PI as a geographic choke point for it's Pacific expansion ambitions.

Why yes, yes it is. o_O

Historically it's the only thing that's worked, and when their population recovers it starts all over again.

EDIT: Adding that the above is not what I want, but unfortunately what is and has been since the birth of Islam. I'd MUCH prefer that people get along, prosper, and rejoice in each other. I'd also like to be 6'4", good looking, athletic, and rich. Neither of those, unfortunately is going to happen. The truth bites.

Last Edited:
China is setting themselves up in the south pacific, they are even creating islands for military bases, shipping guns to bolster up an alliance is cheap investment at a strategically comfortable time for China

China is setting themselves up in the south pacific, they are even creating islands for military bases, shipping guns to bolster up an alliance is cheap investment at a strategically comfortable time for China

Filipinos have tried to resist the incursions made by the Chinese. They have even won a judgment in the Hague international court against the Chinese for seizing their territorial waters. But with their leader in the Chinese' pocket and no real support from us, they are left with efforts like this.

I kind of get misty whenever I see this. Reminds me of a certain statue in Washington DC.

13697000_1256636167694168_7226201850807551569_n.jpg

Filipinos have tried to resist the incursions made by the Chinese. They have even won a judgment in the Hague international court against the Chinese for seizing their territorial waters. But with their leader in the Chinese' pocket and no real support from us, they are left with efforts like this.

I kind of get misty whenever I see this. Reminds me of a certain statue in Washington DC.

View attachment 378503
the world is a different place now

Historically it's the only thing that's worked, and when their population recovers it starts all over again.

EDIT: Adding that the above is not what I want, but unfortunately what is and has been since the birth of Islam. I'd MUCH prefer that people get along, prosper, and rejoice in each other. I'd also like to be 6'4", good looking, athletic, and rich. Neither of those, unfortunately is going to happen. The truth bites.

Sadly, you are right. Most people have totally forgotten world history, or never even learned it in the first place.

When the great Muslim Caliphate was at the peak of its power in 732, it nearly conquered western Europe. It was only the amazing military victory of the French at the battle of Tours ( not far from modern Paris ) over the invading Muslim army, that spared us from all being Muslims today.

Just look at how vast and powerful the Caliphate was back in 720 in the map below. It came closer to conquering the world than the Roman Empire ever did. And Islam conquered all of this land in only 100 years. It conquered at a far faster rate than Rome ever did.

Umayyad750ADloc.png

I honestly don't think that anything has changed. We may end up needing another Charles "The Hammer" Martel, who rallied western europe to victory at Tours. His preferred weapon was the Viking battle hammer, which is how he got his nickname.

charles_martel_by_dashinvaine-d8dql31.jpg

Sadly, you are right. Most people have totally forgotten world history, or never even learned it in the first place.

When the great Muslim Caliphate was at the peak of its power in 732, it nearly conquered western Europe. It was only the amazing military victory of the French at the battle of Tours ( not far from modern Paris ) over the invading Muslim army, that spared us from all being Muslims today.

Just look at how vast and powerful the Caliphate was back in 720 in the map below. It came closer to conquering the world than the Roman Empire ever did. And Islam conquered all of this land in only 100 years. It conquered at a far faster rate than Rome ever did.

View attachment 378512

I honestly don't think that anything has changed. We may end up needing another Charles "The Hammer" Martel, who rallied western europe to victory at Tours. His preferred weapon was the Viking battle hammer, which is how he got his nickname.

View attachment 378509

When I was a M60 machine gunner I always called my assigned weapon "Butch"... short for Butcher, because it was just that.

The world is far, far more dangerous today than at any time since the cold war was at it's peak. In a way more dangerous because we are no longer unified against the real dangers and instead are pitted against each other. Pirates in the open seas, China with economic clout, Russia returning to Soviet postures, US economy controlled outside our own borders, a majority of citizens on the dole, military culture completely undermined and run by political hacks. I could keep going...

All it took to remove our status as a the sole super power and bring all this about was eight years of Obama. Eight years of undermining. Eight years of using racism and class wars to divide us. Eight years of corrupt cabinet members selling our resources like fissionable material to our enemies while punishing and killing those who stood against it. Eight years of a giant wrecking ball called Obama to destroy what took decades to build.

From what I learned from mining friends while living and working in Central Asia. Those insurgents are mostly locals trying to stop corrupt government and foreign mining companies take and rape their land. The USMC have been assisting the Philipino government and a number of foreign mining corporations in dealing with them for a number of years now, as have a number of contracting companies.

A good number of these insurgents are also Christian something China hates.

From what I learned from mining friends while living and working in Central Asia. Those insurgents are mostly locals trying to stop corrupt government and foreign mining companies take and rape their land.

I can see how that could be the perspective conveyed by someone involved in the industry there, especially if they originally came from Mindanao. However, there is often going to be a local version of the "evil corporations vs the downtrodden masses" story in many parts of the world, usually laced with a pinch of propaganda.

Essentially though, the Abu Sayaf {Filipino version of ISIS, Al Qaeda} is an Islamic terrorist organization whose main {but not only} goal is a separate Islamic state of Mindanao. The population there is largely Muslim, tracing it's ancient origins back to Malaysia.

The reach of Abu Sayaf extends far North of Mindanao. They gained notoriety in the West from bombings in Manila and kidnapping and beheading of foreign tourists at destination resorts such as Palawan in 2001. Since then, their activities have also included massive firefights and ambushes involving the Philippine military. The US military presence there wavers with the US / Philippines political tide, which has been receding.

From what I learned from mining friends while living and working in Central Asia. Those insurgents are mostly locals trying to stop corrupt government and foreign mining companies take and rape their land. The USMC have been assisting the Philipino government and a number of foreign mining corporations in dealing with them for a number of years now, as have a number of contracting companies.

A good number of these insurgents are also Christian something China hates.

What a bunch of utter nonsense. As Ob1 states, this is a long standing Muslim conflict, going back 400 years. You clearly know nothing about the history of the Philippines, to make such totally off-base remarks.

Moro conflict - Wikipedia

Sounds like you swallowed a bunch of Islamic propaganda, while you were in Central Asia. After all, people living in Central Asia would have zero first hand knowledge of what is happening inside the Philippines. They are probably just repeating some BS that their local Iman told them about the conflict, to try to portray the Islamic separatists as being the good guys.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR