JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was getting professional massage twice to three times monthly up till Feb. Suspended my account at massage envy to get caught up on med bills after my little melanoma scare. Resuming the membership in June. Its $70 a month IIRC which gets you a "free" hour but as a member additional massages are only $55 for an hour or $70 for an hour and a half.

Yes its a chain place but damn did it make a difference for me - professional driver mostly since I was 19 has left me with chronic back and leg pain - after a 60 minite deep muscle therapy session I feel so much better. Like The Heretic I get the dmt and it hurts while being done but it relaxes the tension afterward and things like walking or standing upright are far less painful. If it keeps me away from the back cracking doctor even better. And though my regular MT is a funny, astute lady - no way would I be up for the happy ending. Shes a burly girl and would prob rip it right off :D But her size and muscles sure give her the ability to get to the nastiest knots in my back.

Might be because more and more insurances are paying for it.

First they get to bill insurance not the customer. Customers dont shop around or care what the cost is if someone else is paying for it.

Second, insurances never pay 100% of the bill. They pay 20-60% of the bill. So they jack up the price to get paid what they want.

Medicaid in Oregon pays for massage and acupuncture now. If you can bill the tax payer we all know that is infinite money:rolleyes:

Ding ding ding....

Winner winner!!!

Same with college education pricing. When the government starts supplementing it the cost goes skyward.

But like many other places there should be a cash price and an insurance price:

Interesting perspective. One that I have tried with no results.

I've gone to one dentist office for 30+ years. They've changed hands thru retirements, but I've remained a patient. I have received statements from the insurance company after a visit, showing they paid an adjusted price which was far less than the billed price.

So when I retired, and no longer had dental insurance, I asked them if I could pay in-cash, the adjusted amount that an insurance company would pay. Their answer was, pay the full price, take it or leave it, and pay in advance! Wow!

Makes me really warm and fuzzy that I gave one dentist office so much business for so long.

WAYNO.

Golden Dragon Foot Spa supposedly does more than your feet and only charges $35. I've only heard good things, but have yet to find time to go myself.

Insurance is the best source of cheap messages, IMO

My kids walk on my upper back and shoulders. Depends how tight my shoulders are as to which size kid I use. What can I say? Japanese household. When they are all off to college I will probably have to pay one of these MT places. But until then my shoulders and upper back feel great.

My kids walk on my upper back and shoulders. Depends how tight my shoulders are as to which size kid I use. What can I say? Japanese household. When they are all off to college I will probably have to pay one of these MT places. But until then my shoulders and upper back feel great.
I tried that with my GF, but she started stomping and jumping so I quit asking her. She was too excited by the idea of walking all over me...

That's funny, when my kids were little they used to do the same thing. I worked telephone Construction 12 to 14 hours a day and they would walk on my back when I got home after hot shower and it felt so good and I slept so good. Now they are 30 years old and weigh hundreds of pounds and would kill me with one step.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wow .... it looks like I'm saving a $100 every time I don't get a massage!
Maybe if they raise their rates I could save even more.

That, and with what I save by not buying powdered Rhino horn and Gypsy love potions...I'll be able to retire early.

You and I could be brothers from different mothers! :D

Western States Chiropractic Collage in NE Portland has a sliding scale that's determined by your income.
I've used them over the years for chiropractic work, but they also offer full therapeutic massage.
I've found that a graduating student along with the careful supervision of their collage professor worked better for me then using an established chiropractor who just goes through the motions and wants you to keep coming back for the rest of your life.

The ones that give a light shoulder massage in a chair do me no good. I need them to dig for a deep tissue massage - so much that it hurts. I don't like pain, far from it, but afterwards my muscles relax, at least for a while, and the chiro then can do a better job of putting some things back in place.

Just some things? Can he put your hard earned money back in your wallet. I put Chiro's and Shrinks at the same level. catfish level.

Western States Chiropractic Collage in NE Portland has a sliding scale that's determined by your income.
I've used them over the years for chiropractic work, but they also offer full therapeutic massage.
I've found that a graduating student along with the careful supervision of their collage professor worked better for me then using an established chiropractor who just goes through the motions and wants you to keep coming back for the rest of your life.

Back when I believed Chiropractors actually provided a useful service, I also went to Western States. I'd be treated by a soon-to-be graduate for 25-bucks a visit. I had one that did pretty well with me. When he journeyed on, I got a new guy that just wasn't up to the task of handling a relatively large person such as myself. He'd jump on my back and pound and get a running start, but just didn't have the technique down to actually adjust my back. He'd try unsuccessfully until it hurt. That was it for me.

If it's medically prescribed it's called "therapy".
I've needed that a few times for a pinched nerve in my neck. They used ultrasound for that.
If it is a massage I have visions of having to sneak in with a disguise and giving them a secret handshake.
Strange people touching my old wrinkled body tends to freak me out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top