JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen more stainless revolvers than blued. YMMV by location it seems. Heck, every gun store I frequent has revolvers in stock most of the time, though admittedly less of those than the plastic fantastic. Doesn't help that revolvers often cost twice what a poly 9 does, sometimes more

Do they crank out what people buy, or do people buy what they crank out?
:D Any Co that wants to survive and thrive will follow the market. Wheel guns just are not nearly as popular now days as they were not long ago. To make the best profit margin the people making stuff have to crank out huge lots of some product. The more they make at a time the cheaper per piece it gets. Sadly this leaves a lot of people finding out what they want is both harder to find and higher priced when they want something that is not "the hot item" that time. It is good for the used market though. TONs of nice used Wheel guns but damn. When I look at what they sell for I keep thinking of all the ones I have had pass through my hands and wish I still had some of them now. :D

Does that mean that wheel gun calibers will pass away?
No, at least not in my lifetime. Too many of the guns out there BUT, have you looked at what many of them cost now? Ammo price is set by how much of it is made more than anything else. Look at the price of 9mm compared to .380. Now look at what a box of something like .45 Colt or 44 Sp runs? The less made the higher the cost.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews