JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why do these libtards think they are worth $100/hr?????

Ive been trying to find a decent massage place around here and they are all charging outrageous prices.

Jesus christ, I looked up massages in Beverly Hills / los angeles area, the most expensive place to live, and they are averaging 50 - 85/hr!!!!!!!! For the top places...

I thought oregon is cheaper than california? Whats up with these libtards asking for $100/hr massage, and they EXPECT us to tip them on top of that.

Here is the proof for those who think Im trolling.

Oregon

Massage | Mudra Massage and Floatation Therapy | Portland Oregon | Nancy Failla, NW Certified Ashiatsu Instructor and Master Level Ashiatsu Therapist

Services - Precision Healing

Full Body Massage - The Dragontree

Beverly hills / los angeles

swedish massage

meridiandayspaweho

Maybe it's the happy endings?
c3549d16.gif

I get a massage every 2 weeks with my chiro and I shopped around before that. I found several MTs that their price was $50 to $60 per hour.

My insurance pays for a number of sessions as long as it is prescribed by my chiro. My MT (who is new) really digs in and works me over hard, and even did some work bordering on PT, which is what I need, and after the third or fourth session I am doing a bit better. The first week it took me a week to recover and I was wiped out the first day - had to go home early from work.

Good MTs are in high demand, and it is a high burnout profession if they are doing deep muscle work because it is physically demanding and takes a toll on the MT.

A lot of them also work on their own. Ask someone working at Massage Envy and if you are discrete in the conversation they
may give you a card for thier own business and charge considerably less.

Hand & Stone over in Happy Valley and Massage Envy appear more interested in the irritating up-sell which is why I stopped going there.

Might be because more and more insurances are paying for it.

First they get to bill insurance not the customer. Customers dont shop around or care what the cost is if someone else is paying for it.

Second, insurances never pay 100% of the bill. They pay 20-60% of the bill. So they jack up the price to get paid what they want.

Medicaid in Oregon pays for massage and acupuncture now. If you can bill the tax payer we all know that is infinite money:rolleyes:

Wow .... it looks like I'm saving a $100 every time I don't get a massage!
Maybe if they raise their rates I could save even more.
That, and with what I save by not buying powdered Rhino horn and Gypsy love potions...I'll be able to retire early.

That, and with what I save by not buying powdered Rhino horn and Gypsy love potions...I'll be able to retire early.

More money for ammo and gun parts... :)

But a massage is very important. You should get a massage very now and then.

Look for coupons and such. See them a lot here so you can get an hour for $50. Someone who is good at it can really help this old frame. After a good one I wake the next day feeling great. If i ever won the lotto I would start every damn day with one. You have to remember that the MT is NOT pocketing that money. State, and probably a few other city or county bureaucrats have their hand out for a cut too.

And another savings by not going to Starbucks before and after the massage. It's like I'm actually making money by not going!

Last Edited:
Shop around. Ive yet to get one, but when I had my back injury I had looked up prices just to see.

Hand and stone has an intoductory price of $50 or something like that. Most range from $55-85 an hour.

You could always hit up the masseuse schools, Im sure they offer decent deals.
Hair schools do the same thing to help teach students.

Right in the middle of Clackamas Town Center, next to the carp pool, the Koreans have their little massage tables set up and charge only 60-bucks per hour. When I see the sweaty hogs laying on the vinyl beds and putting their faces in that little slobber donut, it makes me wonder why I've never been interested.

And seriously...

[QUOTE="Alexx1401, post: 1695111, member: 44221" You have to remember that the MT is NOT pocketing that money. State, and probably a few other city or county bureaucrats have their hand out for a cut too.[/QUOTE]

Let's see. A message therapist pays for his rent, his professional licenses, his business licenses, local taxes including Tri-Met, business and property insurance, professional insurance, his CPA, his receptionist, and his student loan. Out of that 100-bucks, there's probably not much left over.

The communities that massage therapists would best thrive are the same communities whose local governments levy the most added taxes to pay for arts, public transportation, and other useful things.

Last Edited:
A lot of MTs work in chiro offices, and the chiro gets a share of their fees.

The jokes about massages are okay - once in a while, but most legitimate massages are from MTs and for most of us is something that really helps our health and is needed. I.E., this is a somewhat serious health matter.

A lot of MTs work in chiro offices, and the chiro gets a share of their fees.

The jokes about massages are okay - once in a while, but most legitimate massages are from MTs and for most of us is something that really helps our health and is needed. I.E., this is a somewhat serious health matter.

I always used to think it was a waste, the legit ones. Long ago at some kind of safety fair and one display was a MT. Had coupons for 1/2 off. I thought what the hell, give it a try. Even then it made me feel great after. The older I get the more it helps.

The ones that give a light shoulder massage in a chair do me no good. I need them to dig for a deep tissue massage - so much that it hurts. I don't like pain, far from it, but afterwards my muscles relax, at least for a while, and the chiro then can do a better job of putting some things back in place.

The ones that give a light shoulder massage in a chair do me no good. I need them to dig for a deep tissue massage - so much that it hurts. I don't like pain, far from it, but afterwards my muscles relax, at least for a while, and the chiro then can do a better job of putting some things back in place.

YEP, when my favorite works me over it is almost painful at the time. Hours later though I feel decades younger. Even next morning I get up feeling it. Well worth it for a treat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top