JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Need" is a manipulative word and a semantic deception used by the anti gun crowd. The correct word is "want".

When I drive an automobile, 99.999% of the time I won't "need" a seatbelt. If I am involved in a auto accident, it is then that I will "need" a seatbelt.

Do I "want" seatbelts in my car? Absolutely, and no one would ever argue otherwise.

E

Like most here I started on a 22LR, then shotgun, then a 30 cal rifle, and I had to become proficient with that arm at every level as a YOUNG boy.
Of course in my day proficiency w/a 12 Ga was shooting clay birds at a trap range or live birds; combat shotguns were a fluke. Combat pistol was an arcane art, self taught and dominated by police SOP.
You may never need an "Assault rifle". Then again you may need one very, very quickly.
The right to bear arms should be universal, just so we can tag the Baddies as needed without a silly permit

Last Edited:
How much less could you care? Could you care just a wee bit less or a whole lot less?

I was gonna hit on that, but figured I should leave enough "meat on the bone" for someone else. :D

Got you both...."Could care less" drives me MORE nuts than "Assault Rifle"! Clips vs Mags not so much unless it's the media, or others that are supposed to know the difference.

So yes I do care a lot about proper terminology, that's what I was saying.:)

I was confused, so I had to go and re-read the whole thread. Did you realized this was from last year?o_O

I must be a recoil junkie because I love combat pump and semi-automatic shotguns and 7.62 X 51s far more than any intermediate round mag fed rifle I have ever had pass through my hands.

ARs are flimsy, (don't like the whole buffer tube on the butt stroking end of the rifle), and they are a PITA to clean. Too right hand oriented too, so I have to pay extra just to have workarounds for basic functionality like dropping the mag.

AK= crude, indifferently made, not accurate enough to be interesting.

Others= too expensive for what you get. Some charge $1700+ just to fire a puny round. I don't get the cachet of rifles like the FN SCAR for instance.

I'll take a M1A any day of the week and twice on Sunday over any breed of poodle shooter. Just call me a dinosaur.

I must be a recoil junkie because I love combat pump and semi-automatic shotguns and 7.62 X 51s far more than any intermediate round mag fed rifle I have ever had pass through my hands.

ARs are flimsy, (don't like the whole buffer tube on the butt stroking end of the rifle), and they are a PITA to clean. Too right hand oriented too, so I have to pay extra just to have workarounds for basic functionality like dropping the mag.

Others= too expensive for what you get. Some charge $1700+ just to fire a puny round. I don't get the cachet of rifles like the FN SCAR for instance.

I'll take a M1A any day of the week and twice on Sunday over any breed of poodle shooter. Just call me a dinosaur.

Dinosaur. :p Just kidding, I prefer the 5.56 but I end up shooting my PWS (.308) more often. Don't know why...

But don't be disrespectin' the poodle shooters. They're great for everything but the bears where I live.

I have a friend that has several poodle shooters, he doesn't particularly like them, likes his Mini and 30 cals better in fact but he still has em. BTW for $1700 I would buy a SCAR 308:oops:

Well , I don't even HAVE an assault rifle. They're totally unnecessary in our civilized society. I DO have 3 SKS rifles though, for sentimental value, and a mini-30 for shooting cans. Those darn CANS !!

Lately, more and more I find myself with this attitude.
It'll probably get deleted but....

s-l500_zpsfjipe6az.jpg

Boats, you seen this? - https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/juggernaut-rogue-bullpup-m1a-chassis-system/
Pretty cool, eh?
Seems to eliminate any need for a "poodle shooter" that I can think of.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads