JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I'm feeling patient, I respond to the "Why you need dat?" tripe with something along the lines of, "Why do you need a 5,000 pound, 300 hp SUV, when you drive alone in it 97% of the time? Don't you know those things kill Americans every day?

But in my more petulant moods, I'm likely to offer up a laconic "Because F. U., that's why."

I am a firm ascriber to the "Because F. U." reasoning. Honestly I dont need a "Modern Sporting Rifle" to survive, but thankfully what I need currently has no bearing on what I can have. There could come a day where I would really want one to enhance chances of survive and I would just as soon error on the side of prudence.

As soon as folks start throwing around "you dont need" My response is "yeah, you dont need indoor plumbing, central heat, electricity or an automobile either, Mankind got along just fine without them for thousands of years"

What does need really have to do with 95% of anything we do day to day. You need a bit of food & water and to keep from freezing to death, everything else is a want.

I am a firm ascriber to the "Because F. U." reasoning. Honestly I dont need a "Modern Sporting Rifle" to survive, but thankfully what I need currently has no bearing on what I can have. There could come a day where I would really want one to enhance chances of survive and I would just as soon error on the side of prudence.

As soon as folks start throwing around "you dont need" My response is "yeah, you dont need indoor plumbing, central heat, electricity or an automobile either, Mankind got along just fine without them for thousands of years"

What does need really have to do with 95% of anything we do day to day. You need a bit of food & water and to keep from freezing to death, everything else is a want.

(NSFW)
Who are you?
:cool:

Colion Noir is one of several regular commentators on the NRA news site. I love his sense of irony and sarcasm--and the fact that his comments are backed up with solid examples.

And the fact that he is everything that anti gunners think the NRA is not--young, black, urban.

One of the other commentators is a Top Gun--and a gay Asian. THAT probably would have Feinstein, et al wetting their pants as they scramble to regain their bearings in dealing the breach in their "reality".

I ran into this video today...nothing new or unsaid but its a good tool and nice to see a different face representing guns...and its not an old guy in a tie behind a desk!!!

A bit off-topic, but whenever I see "Assault rifle", I think of the following post...

One other thing -"assault" rifle?

I tell you what, you take the ammo (and maybe the bolt also) out of your '03 springfield, grab it by the business end, and play Mickey Mantle with "the opposition" for a few minutes, and if they're still alive, ask them if they've just been "assaulted".

...I bet their answer will be yes.

As far as I'm concerned, they're ALL "Assault Rifles"!

LOL! Cracks me up, every time. =)

That was all. Now back to the discussion.......

When someone starts making an Assault rifle let me know, I want one, until then I'll settle for one of them black plastic semi auto's in .223 cal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StG_44

Sturmgewehr (pr: shterm gevair) literally translates as assault rifle or storm rifle. So more like storm that hill than assault and battery, but you get the picture. It was the predecessor to the AK47 and had a lot of influence on the definition of the true assault rifle - a lightweight, medium length select fire rifle in an intermediate caliber. So they've been making them for years.

I think some of the confusion arises around the political term "assault weapon" which seems to mean any gun that a group of politicians or activists want to ban. It refers to different guns in different states, and with the sunset of the Brady Bill, doesn't have any semblance of a national standard.

Probably not what you were looking for, but there you have it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top