JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I woke this morning this thread popped into my mind. I grew up in the little town of Midvale Utah, 12 miles South of Salt Lake City, National Headquarters of Arctic Circle Restaurants AND Sportsman's Warehouse! We had parades every 4th of July! Not just Midvale but SLC and Draper, and many other small communities too. A lot of John Phillip Sousa was played by marching bands in those parades. I was in those parades from junior high through high school, played clarinet, bass clarinet and did a couple with the glockenspiel.

I'm so far removed from our Nations independence that I can't really fathom what it means I guess. For all the years I can remember it's meant a Party, parades, a bunch of friends getting slightly "Toasty", too down-right loaded. Potato salad, barbecued chicken, ribs, kids running around, water fights, FUN! LOTS OF FIREWOKS!! Maybe I should feel a bit ashamed? Maybe I do....

So when I woke up this morning, it dawned on me. When our country is affected by another country halfway around the world because their citizens vote for freedom from the likes of The European Union, or an attack/bombing in some other non-English speaking country, or the whim of some king from a country of sand slowing oil production to raise his profits. For food, for Christs sake! It dawned on me, we don't have independence! We ARE "Dependents".

Telling Wifey about my thoughts as I was crawling out of bed this morning and she said maybe I should get back in, and get out HER side! o_O

I'm gonna drink me some beers, Q up a split chicken in the Brinkman Kettle, eat potato salad, and then drag a couple of chairs over to the neighbors and watch them burn up THEIR money!

Happy 4TH of July you all!

Last Edited:
Rick
You uncovered a nasty, racist thing . . . I am aghast that the South celebrated a Memorial Day!
In support of the current PC climate I suggest that the emperor decree that no such observance be allowed in any state that sympathized in any way or had any citizens take up arms for the Confederacy!
I'm devastated, simply devastated to learn this terrible fact!! Perhaps a movement can be started among the public employee unions to quash this terrible holiday that is based on such blatant racism!!!!!!

Sheldon

My 10 yr old knows. I just asked him and he went to his room, came back and said "Remember when you said I should read this book? I did and everybody should. This should be a school book."
Me and mine will never be a part of the ignorant mass of ungrateful sheep. Indoctrinate the young before the haters have a chance to ruin them forever. IMAG2104_1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top