Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why didn't I buy one of these much sooner???

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 1, 2010.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I received my Universal sight tool for B&J Machine and it is the best thing since sliced bread. I literally had the stubborn sights off my Kahr K40 within 5 minutes of opening the packaging I received from MidwayUSA. You just stick your slide in, clamp it down, and then turn the mechanism with the alan wrench and it pushes the sights right out like they were greased. So much easier than a punch and hammer. It makes minor adjustments once you put them back in a snap too. You can just take it to the range with you and do the adjustments right there.

2. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How much was it?

3. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

4. PlayboyPenguin

Around $128.00

5. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

I really like mine also. Bought it last month when I got my PM9. ( didn't see P.P.'s post until he had already ordered his). I have also used it to change out the sights on my new CZ ... I figure it's already paid for itself l. The Kahr sights were really tight compared to the Glocks I have done previously, and my CZ.

6. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

One can never have too many tools. I have one for the H&K's that I love.

7. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Clackamas County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I hoping it would work out for Kahrs (I have more than one that could use NSites).

When you first mentioned it the other day, I looked around on the customer reviews at Midway and Brownell's. Apparently, like most tools, it works better on some guns and not as well on others (the Kimber, for one, as I recall).

So thanks for verifying that it works well on the Kahr. I figure that it would pay for itself within two or three sight changes over a lifetime of potential use.

I really am fed up with drift punching......freaks me out when they just won't budge. Tighten up the vise, steel up the nerves and hammer harder.......now where did I put that cold blue?

8. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Any chance this would work on an XDm? I have been hearing that most of them have sights that need to be machined out.

9. PlayboyPenguin

I do not see why it wouldn't.

10. DerekF

DerekF Seattle, WA Member

Thanks for posting this! I've been looking for a good universal sight tool for a while.