JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the United Nations (New World Odor) gets control of the entire world including America, then this country will be to the UN as the state of Rhode Island is to America. Remember that the US only has about 8% of the world's population and the vast majority of the world's governments are tyranical dictatorships. The biggest part of the people of the world can only dream about the kind of freedom that America once had (it is now rapidly slipping away - I have seen a lot of Rights vanish during my life!). So, when we become UN citizens first and American citizens second, those of us who remember REAL freedom are going to suffer most. But, lot of people are perfectly content being slaves.

I'm amazed how this federal control of us, leading to "global solutions" is permeating our country. These nuts are going to crash our economy and that's when the SHTF.

Here's something so stupid I could hardly believe it. Even though the majority of Americans doesn't believe in "Global Warming" (now changed to "Climate Change" because we've not been getting warmer) Costco has the nerve to feature Algore on it's cover this month. Inside there's a long article written by Algore.

Huh? I'm deeply disturbed by Cap and Trade and the control and taxation that comes with all of this.

Why does Costco risk alienating a large number of its customers this way? I already shun AARP for some of its political stances including supporting nationalized health care.

How can Costco be this stupid? What are we coming to?

algcopy2.jpg

Unfortunately Gunner, green is a hot seller right now. ANYBODY, corporate wise, will jump on the bandwagon if they think it will open doors to new markets.
Sluts all.

GREEN is the new RED, and is how they are taking our way of life, and intend to take our country.

I just emailed Jim Sinegal, the CEO of Costco, and I cc'd the editor of that mag. Here it is ([email protected]):

Dear Mr. Sinegal,

I was dismayed to see Al Gore on the cover of "our" Costco magazine which just arrived.

Does Costco realize that most Americans don't believe in "Climate Change" nee "Global Warming?" Does it realize that most Americans are afraid of Cap and Trade with its inevitable costs to everyone, and the government control that comes with it? Does Costco realize that a large number of us believe it's just a way to make Al Gore and his cohorts rich, and to tax and control the rest of us?

We already completely shun AARP for its political stances.

Now we will buy from Costco ONLY what we can't find anywhere else.

We won't support you financially so that you can use the money to trounce our political beliefs.

Thank you for listening.

(Name, address and cell given, but deleted here.)

PS Would you please be kind enough to ask someone to remove us from your magazine mailing list? I'm cc'ing Mr. Fuller, the magazine editor. Perhaps he will do it. Thanks. :)

-----------------------

Mag editor, [email protected]

Thank you, Gunner. I don't have a Costco card. There's just my wife and I. We tried it one year and saw no benefit and never renewed. I'm sure that they, like all businesses, try to anticipate the way the wind blows and will operate accordingly.
Although ChinaMart (AKA Walmart) currently sells guns and ammo, I believe the day is coming when they will start sucking up to the government (The Clintons are major stockholders in this corporation) and throw gun owners under the bus. I do not consider Chinamart to be a gun owner's friend.

I just emailed Jim Sinegal, the CEO of Costco, and I cc'd the editor of that mag. Here it is ([email protected]):

Dear Mr. Sinegal,

I was dismayed to see Al Gore on the cover of “our” Costco magazine which just arrived.

Does Costco realize that most Americans don’t believe in “Climate Change” nee “Global Warming?” Does it realize that most Americans are afraid of Cap and Trade with its inevitable costs to everyone, and the government control that comes with it? Does Costco realize that a large number of us believe it’s just a way to make Al Gore and his cohorts rich, and to tax and control the rest of us?

Now we will buy from Costco ONLY what we can’t find anywhere else.

We won’t support you financially so that you can use the money to trounce our political beliefs.

Thank you for listening.

PS Would you please be kind enough to ask someone to remove us from your magazine mailing list? I’m cc’ing Mr. Fuller, the magazine editor. Perhaps he will do it. Thanks. :)

-----------------------

Nice letter Gunner, that's the stuff that works, especially in a failing economy where every customer is essential in the stability of a business.

Although ChinaMart (AKA Walmart) currently sells guns and ammo, I believe the day is coming when they will start sucking up to the government I do not consider Chinamart to be a gun owner's friend.

Your belief is well justified. Though many in this area don't realize it, Walmart used to even sell handguns. A political pandering decision was made about the same time that the first Wallyworld went up in Oregon (Woodburn). :s0154:

Dear Mr. Sinegal,

I was dismayed to see Al Gore on the cover of "our" Costco magazine which just arrived.

Does Costco realize that most Americans don't believe in "Climate Change" nee "Global Warming?" Does it realize that most Americans are afraid of Cap and Trade with its inevitable costs to everyone, and the government control that comes with it? Does Costco realize that a large number of us believe it's just a way to make Al Gore and his cohorts rich, and to tax and control the rest of us?

Now we will buy from Costco ONLY what we can't find anywhere else.

We won't support you financially so that you can use the money to trounce our political beliefs.

Thank you for listening.

PS Would you please be kind enough to ask someone to remove us from your magazine mailing list? I'm cc'ing Mr. Fuller, the magazine editor. Perhaps he will do it. Thanks. :)

-----------------------

I wrote a similar letter to the editor of the Costco Connection mag;

Mr. David Fuller,

As a longtime Costco Member I do NOT appreciate the Costco Connection article by Al Gore. In my opinion showcasing his controversial views is not a wise business move. Scientific evidence supporting whether Global Warming is fact or fiction truly depends on the source selected. This is a hotly debated topic and for you as editor to take a stance on the side of supporting it, shows poor judgement, unless this is a corporate decision. If it is a corporate decision I am curious why Costco would want to offend those customers that have made their intellectual choice that Global Warming is a fallacy. This action may help to move forward an agenda, but will alienate many members that were once "Loyal" customers. If I were a Costco stockholder I would be distressed. As a customer I will display my disfavor with my wallet!

And received the following reply:
Hi Dale,

Thank you for your e-mail. Your points are well made, and I have to agree that the issue of climate change was not presented in a balanced manner.

We are, at this time, trying to rectify this by presenting a dissenting view in our December issue.

As well, I want to assure you that our selection of Al Gore as part of the November issue (which is a really good issue, by the way — I hope you'll read the rest of it) was in no way meant to promote an agenda or a political bent.

I thank you again, and best regards,

Tod
--
T. Foster Jones
Managing Editor, Magazines
The Costco Connection
999 Lake Drive
Issaquah, WA 98027
[email protected]

I wrote a similar letter to the editor of the Costco Connection mag;

Mr. David Fuller,

As a longtime Costco Member I do NOT appreciate the Costco Connection article by Al Gore. In my opinion showcasing his controversial views is not a wise business move. Scientific evidence supporting whether Global Warming is fact or fiction truly depends on the source selected. This is a hotly debated topic and for you as editor to take a stance on the side of supporting it, shows poor judgement, unless this is a corporate decision. If it is a corporate decision I am curious why Costco would want to offend those customers that have made their intellectual choice that Global Warming is a fallacy. This action may help to move forward an agenda, but will alienate many members that were once "Loyal" customers. If I were a Costco stockholder I would be distressed. As a customer I will display my disfavor with my wallet!

And received the following reply:
Hi Dale,

Thank you for your e-mail. Your points are well made, and I have to agree that the issue of climate change was not presented in a balanced manner.

We are, at this time, trying to rectify this by presenting a dissenting view in our December issue.

As well, I want to assure you that our selection of Al Gore as part of the November issue (which is a really good issue, by the way — I hope you’ll read the rest of it) was in no way meant to promote an agenda or a political bent.

I thank you again, and best regards,

Tod
--
T. Foster Jones
Managing Editor, Magazines
The Costco Connection
999 Lake Drive
Issaquah, WA 98027
[email protected]

I haven't received a reply, but it sounds as if they are getting the message.

I haven't received a reply, but it sounds as if they are getting the message.

This is excellent news. Capitalism at its best. Voting with wallets. It was surprising that a company like Costco, that caters to the self-employed and small business owner, and knowing the general political leanings of those customers, would put a lying huckster like Gore on the cover. And its good that a big company like Costco is getting this message. Maybe it will get to other businesses that petal the lie of global warm errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... climate change. And in turn get to their lobbyists they hire to influence Washington, and in turn get to at least SOME politicians, especially with daggers to the heart of a capitalist America like cap and tax errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... trade legislation looming on the horizon.

Thank you, Gunner. I don't have a Costco card. There's just my wife and I. We tried it one year and saw no benefit and never renewed. I'm sure that they, like all businesses, try to anticipate the way the wind blows and will operate accordingly.
Although ChinaMart (AKA Walmart) currently sells guns and ammo, I believe the day is coming when they will start sucking up to the government (The Clintons are major stockholders in this corporation) and throw gun owners under the bus. I do not consider Chinamart to be a gun owner's friend.

They may not be, but like I stated earlier, WalMart then runs the risk of alienating much of middle America where their business started. Again, traditional Americans who like their guns, will hopefully vote with their wallets if it is found that WalMart is capitulating to government pressures. Sounds like Costco is already getting the idea.

We cancelled our membership at Costco today in Fresno and they gave us our $50 back. We promptly went across the street to Sam's Club and got our new membership there for $40. And we found that the same things we were buying at Costco were at Sams for 10% less. I liked the quicker check-out at Sams and the satisfaction that I'm not supporting a left-leaning, captialism-bashing, hypocrital business.

I think the whole concept of bugging out to the hills is not a good idea. It seems practical for about a week after watching "Red Dawn".

Natural disasters do not require you to flee, (except a flood) SO if the big one hits and your house is ruined, wouldnt you just pitch your tent and camp in the backyard? Why abandon your home when you are in no danger?

Im talking about political SHTF. Where you are under constant threat from someone.
Sure you would encounter "like minded" people out there, or so you'd think anyway.

Im sure we've all seen how crowded it can get in the woods during hunting season, wood cutting, etc.
So now you have hundreds of scared rednecks holed up in their favorite corner of the forest.

First off, game would become scarce with so many people out there, so plan on bringing extra food.

Are you really safe there? What about those you fled from? Wouldnt they just follow you up there? Mistrust would develop as newcomers will be suspected of being 'spies'.

Sure everyone up there will be good, God fearing Americans... but what after a couple weeks and supplies thin out? Do you really think that someone, especially with a family, wont go into survival mode and take from you? Or kill you for it? Do you think that he will man up an deat dirt? or go back to the city?
Its going to be lawless out there and these people are going to all be afraid from their lives... paranoid and scared!

Okay, and thats just assuming that you even get up there.

Are you prepared to have a shootout with the cops or military or some private security co.? Are you going to charge through their checkpoints on your way out of town?
If you are lucky and see the writing on the wall long before its announced, or publicly anticipated... you might get out of town before the authorities decide to shut things down.

Your survival plan should focus on how you supply yourself, and how you can fortify your homes 'defenses' ahead of time. You can keep far more stuff in your home than you can in your truck. Prep for staying on your property as long as possible, that way you can lay low and not have to leave your home. The longer you stay out of sight the better you'll be.

The real decision is what to do when the man comes knocking on your door!
Do you not answer and hope they'll go away?
Do you answer the door and see what they want? Try to BS them? (its worked before)
Do you attack them? Do you wait for them to force their way in, and then attack? Or do you just take them on when you first see them?

To me, its best to plan on how you will deal with the new political reality, rather than how to escape it. Read some history to understand how people have dealt with it in the past.
Basically you either comply, go along to get along while plotting, or the old stand by, guerrilla warfare! Thats usually how it goes.

And why run when things get tough? What if instead of fighting the revolutionary war, the founders just headed for the hills?

I think the whole concept of bugging out to the hills is not a good idea. It seems practical for about a week after watching "Red Dawn".

Natural disasters do not require you to flee, (except a flood) SO if the big one hits and your house is ruined, wouldnt you just pitch your tent and camp in the backyard? Why abandon your home when you are in no danger?

Im talking about political SHTF. Where you are under constant threat from someone.
Sure you would encounter "like minded" people out there, or so you'd think anyway.

Im sure we've all seen how crowded it can get in the woods during hunting season, wood cutting, etc.
So now you have hundreds of scared rednecks holed up in their favorite corner of the forest.

First off, game would become scarce with so many people out there, so plan on bringing extra food.

Are you really safe there? What about those you fled from? Wouldnt they just follow you up there? Mistrust would develop as newcomers will be suspected of being 'spies'.

Sure everyone up there will be good, God fearing Americans... but what after a couple weeks and supplies thin out? Do you really think that someone, especially with a family, wont go into survival mode and take from you? Or kill you for it? Do you think that he will man up an deat dirt? or go back to the city?
Its going to be lawless out there and these people are going to all be afraid from their lives... paranoid and scared!

Okay, and thats just assuming that you even get up there.

Are you prepared to have a shootout with the cops or military or some private security co.? Are you going to charge through their checkpoints on your way out of town?
If you are lucky and see the writing on the wall long before its announced, or publicly anticipated... you might get out of town before the authorities decide to shut things down.

Your survival plan should focus on how you supply yourself, and how you can fortify your homes 'defenses' ahead of time. You can keep far more stuff in your home than you can in your truck. Prep for staying on your property as long as possible, that way you can lay low and not have to leave your home. The longer you stay out of sight the better you'll be.

The real decision is what to do when the man comes knocking on your door!
Do you not answer and hope they'll go away?
Do you answer the door and see what they want? Try to BS them? (its worked before)
Do you attack them? Do you wait for them to force their way in, and then attack? Or do you just take them on when you first see them?

To me, its best to plan on how you will deal with the new political reality, rather than how to escape it. Read some history to understand how people have dealt with it in the past.
Basically you either comply, go along to get along while plotting, or the old stand by, guerrilla warfare! Thats usually how it goes.

And why run when things get tough? What if instead of fighting the revolutionary war, the founders just headed for the hills?

This. Agreed 100%. The castle must be defended. Well, that and I dont currently have a 4x4 lol.

I believe that it would be a good plan to bury some guns and ammo in the wilderness. It would be good to scatter them out over a broad area - don't put all of your eggs in one basket. A gun and 500 rounds of ammo here, another cache a few miles away, etc. Downhome Magazine (I think that's what it's called) has an article available online about a guy who buried some guns for 10 years and then went out and dug them up. You should all read it. I don't have the link to the magazine right now but you can access it through survivalblog.com

Regarding the Costco Connection article, I received the following reply from the editor today:

Dear Dale,

Thank you for your e-mail concerning the November cover story written by Al Gore.

I want to assure you that our selection of Al Gore was in no way meant to promote a political agenda. The piece was offered to us by the publishers of Mr. Gore’s new book and we felt that it would help us sell the book. Neither Costco nor the magazine take stands on partisan political issues.

We will take greater care in the future to avoid partisanship or the appearance of it.

You were not the only correspondent to take us to task for this. In our December issue we will publish a selection of the comment we have received.

Take care,
Dave Fuller
Editor
The Costco Connection

I think they got the message :s0155:

Uh huh, well I emailed the CEO and posted the text above. I got a less than satisfying answer:

"Over the years, Costco has sold many books that range from liberal to conservative viewpoint. In our magazine we have given voice to some of these authors. As the former Vice President of United States, we believe that Al Gore is a credible source on an important topic. We were not attempting to make a political statement or endorse his theories."

I will ensure that you are removed from distribution for the Costco Connection.

Thank you,

Melinda Davis

Administrative Assistant

[email protected]

Uh huh, well I emailed the CEO and posted the text above. I got a less than satisfying answer:

"Over the years, Costco has sold many books that range from liberal to conservative viewpoint. In our magazine we have given voice to some of these authors. As the former Vice President of United States, we believe that Al Gore is a credible source on an important topic. We were not attempting to make a political statement or endorse his theories."

I will ensure that you are removed from distribution for the Costco Connection.

Thank you,

Melinda Davis

Administrative Assistant

[email protected]

Hmmm...Yeah, he didn't really admit to any wrongdoing, like the editor did. Interesting how they responded in such different ways. I could make the assumption of CEO=Big Ego and that may be why, but anyway, they've got me believing they are trying to be non-partisan. For you, one less piece of magazine trash to recycle! By the way, I squelched my AARP membership a few months ago as their agenda was contrary to mine, so one less for me too!
I just noticed that your letter was from an "Admin Assistant"

Well when you get right down to numbers, if the SHFT most people that arent prepared are going to sit on their hands and wait for a government hand out. Then when that doesn't come they are going to panic and do what ever it takes to get food, water and shelter. IF the SHTF HARD alot of people, I mean ALOT of people will die in the first 3 months. Then there is going to be mass sickness from all the dead being around. I would rather Take my chances out in the boonies on my folks farm that can be turned into a fort with walls fairly fast.
A place we could defend from would be bandits and such.

I think "bug in" is my first choice. What concerns me most, I believe the majority of my community are not going to be prepared. Hungry groups will develope into mobs. Violence will happen quickly. Grocery stores will be overwhelmed. The police force will be undermanned. My castle will be overtaken due to the numbers of the mobs. When a shootout commences, this can be heard for a long ways. If some good American like myself and others are defending whats theres with lots of force as we all here would.
That will be a clear and precise message to many that there must be a treasure to be had within. Oh yeah, once my family is overrun, they will be even more armed and dangerous not to mention full bellied.I dont have the great neighbors as some that have posted above. I would like to be more organized and have a few dependable, likeminded good americans in my community that could organize to defend and work together to pool resources and outlast with greater odds.
Perhaps Im stretching in thought, but the SHTF makes us all try and out think our provisions.
I dont intend to let the meek inherit my stuff. Perhaps I need to inquire about local militias to defend our American communities and ways of life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top