JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what then do you do about your children, parents, brothers and sisters, grandchildren, etc? Leave them to rot?

Is that what the men did at Concord Bridge? How about during the Civil War?

What did the men do fewer than 100 years ago during the mining "wars?" How about the copper miners in Butte Montana or the steel miners in Pennsylvania or the miners in Ohio or the coal miners in W. Virginia? They fought and died by the thousands, fighting hired goons and crooked state police and sheriff's people and even some military.

As an aside, for anyone who doesn't know, the word "redneck" comes from the coal miners in W. Virginia wearing red bandannas to show solidarity for their new union against the mine owners and their hired thugs. They fought all over the hills of W. Virginia and about 3,000 of them died, not counting the wounded.

The miners won that war, too.

$.02

For me and mine, the "Armageddon" countdown starts when our national sovereignty is handed over to the UN in December by 'bama or one of his minion's.

It takes a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate to ratify any treaty the POTUS signs. I'm not at all sure we have that many who would vote for it.

$.02

It takes a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate to ratify any treaty the POTUS signs. I'm not at all sure we have that many who would vote for it.

$.02

I can only say, I hope you are right. The problem is as I see it, that the power brokers in control exhibit the same philosophy as that modeled in the Copenhagen protocol. The question is not whether or not they agree with it, they do, but whether they think they feel empowered enough to ram it down our throats. It seems to me that they do. But I'll stop as this would take us off the original topic.

Why not at least relocate to a nice tropical climate where coconuts grow and where you don't have to witness the painful sight of the end of the American way of life ?

I read about someone who, in the mid 1930's, correctly predicted the coming world conflict. They did as above and moved to the unknown, out of the way, Pacific island of Tarawa to avoid the troubles.

Bruce

Here's one of the problems with leaving the USA (as I see it, which is worth $.02)

IF we (the USA) capitulate leadership of the free world (as we have known it), AND the economy and political structure turns as predicted by some = (SHTF), there will be NO place on earth for peace and comfort and safety for ourselves and our families unless we have millions of $$$ in Gold or other commodities to (temporarily) buy it!

Europe?
Middle east?
S. America (can anybody say Chavez and the bunch?)
Africa?
Canada, Australia? New Zealand?
Mexico?
Bahamas, Fijian Islands, Samoa, Wake Islands, Greek Islands?

Switzerland (neutral country), Greenland and the polar ice caps might work?

We have to know that whether it's a SINGLE country/location or the very few other places that MIGHT, I say MIGHT work.... the wealthy, prominent and powerful will have already been there, bought up most assets (as their doing now!), paid off the political leaders and bought the police and are or will be, well established!

I'm NOT talking about Capitalists her folks! (so our more "liberal" members can; stop yelling I told you so!!! I told you so!!!) I'm talking about people from all over the world including many of our own political leaders looking for escape! (that would be the politicians who didn't vote to take our country down!)

Which brings us to whether to leave this country!
1. We are home!
2. We know the landscape!
3. This is our country! Our forefathers fought and died for it!

Can we, should we, do any less for our kids and future descendants?

I'm not saying what anybody should or should not do! But YOU (we) have to DO Something!

We either stop "bubbleguming" and actually speak up, get involved NOW! or we WILL HAVE to DO something later!

But it's always been this way!

First off, we don't have a true capitalist system as the government forever has controlled business. That is the reason all of this has gone to ****. The only way we can make a comeback is with smaller government. Untill that time it's going to get very rough for some people. A learning exspearience.

I don't get the fear of handover to the UN. The rich already get our own government to do whatever it wants virtually every single time. Witness the $700 billion to the banks...both Repubs and Dems voted for it IN THREE DAYS!! You ever see legislation that benefitted the average Joe pass so fast?

As for Bug In vs. Bug Out...it is situational. I just wish I had a good place to bug out to! I'm working on setting that option up though. But, I thin Buggin In is preferable except in a total breakdwon scenario. Having neighbors and friends close by you can trust is invaluable in a chaotic, semi-breakdown scenario.

I know this is deranged, morbid.. etc.. but:

Let's say we're 5-10 years into this badlands everyone for themselves world.. And I was looking to survive and feed numero uno..

Scavengers and Raiders are roaming the wastes and I am lucky enough to have a semi hidden base camp along with many areas I could duck out of trouble from. A cave, forests, water..

I'd set up a bait area (obvious camp), watch it closely with my sighted rifle and for those chosen unfortunates that I could benefit from.. A few choice shots could allow me to gain precious ammo, non tainted water, clothing, batteries, weapons-cutting gear (Knives/axes) what ever was on the persons..etc.. that I might not have been able to find on my own or barter for.

unemployment
The dollar keeps falling
Money that we have in stocks still down
Countries wanting to switch away from our dollar
food crisis looming
H1N1

so many things going on right now to be concerned about I can't change my underware fast enough :)

"I don't get the fear of handover to the UN."

So you like the idea of foreign governments deciding what is best for you? How about if they are Muslim and force you to Islam? Small local control is better, look what has happened allready with big government.

jj

Stealing is wrong no matter what the circumstances are.
Stealing from one's enemy deprives them of materiel they may need to overcome you.
Taking what you need from a foe can gain you equal footing in the coming battle.

I don't know what "circumstances" you've considered, but I don't think you have a complete grasp of worst case "SHTF" scenarios.

Do as you will. But don't be surprised if you are doing it on your knees.

Stealing from one's enemy deprives them of materiel they may need to overcome you.
Taking what you need from a foe can gain you equal footing in the coming battle.

I don't know what "circumstances" you've considered, but I don't think you have a complete grasp of worst case "SHTF" scenarios.

Jamie6.5 is online now Report Post Reply With Quote

Your position is called situational ethics. I won't waste time trying to explain it to you, but it's slippery slope. The country you get after dropping your moral values will not be worth living in.

This is a known tactic from some military standpoints but in a SHTF scenario how are you going to identify those that are against you if no uniform is worn

Make the right judgment call; body language, semi concealed weapons, types of clothing..new/ragged, age, posture, whether they are malnourished or not, from what direction they came.. hostile base camps..etc..

Just shooting any'ol person wasn't what I was trying to suggest.. I would take from those I found to be a threat or that I HAD to (benefit from). But I would position myself so that I could drop the said potential hostiles with ease. But I would do so only upon the utmost certainty that the said hostiles were the only foraging group near by. Otherwise I wouldn't last very long in the woods or against other raiding factions..
Again, this is if I were alone. Now if my family or friends were calculated into the scenario then I'd have to take a little different approach. But the methodology would still be very much the same.

"I don't get the fear of handover to the UN."

So you like the idea of foreign governments deciding what is best for you? How about if they are Muslim and force you to Islam? Small local control is better, look what has happened allready with big government.

jj

No, I just don't believe any foreign governments are coming into the US. I know it may be shocking, but think the whole UN-takeover isn't a real threat to us.

What does bother me is our Government that is about 90% dominated by the Big Corporations and have perverted every notion of freedom and democracy our country was founded upon. This is a present-day actual threat to our nation. We better use the 10% that's left before its too late.

As a country, we gotta dump all the labels and dogmas...and focus on what's really happening in our country...and the real solutions.

No, I just don't believe any foreign governments are coming into the US. I know it may be shocking, but think the whole UN-takeover isn't a real threat to us.

What does bother me is our Government that is about 90% dominated by the Big Corporations and have perverted every notion of freedom and democracy our country was founded upon. This is a present-day actual threat to our nation. We better use the 10% that's left before its too late.

As a country, we gotta dump all the labels and dogmas...and focus on what's really happening in our country...and the real solutions.

I agree. I am careful about bashing corporations per se, because they are the engine of the economy. We are losing too many of them to China and India. I'm a capitalist.

What I hate are the lobbyists that the corporations hire, and the fact that it's allowed.

$.02

I agree. I am careful about bashing corporations per se, because they are the engine of the economy. We are losing too many of them to China and India. I'm a capitalist.

What I hate are the lobbyists that the corporations hire, and the fact that it's allowed.

$.02

That's what I'm trying to get at. I don't hate corporations...just how SOME have gotten way too big and they dominate our political scene. We heard "too big too fail", well, that is "too big to exist". And, they should be severely limited from influencing our politics.

I thought this would be a sign the DON'T have anything and are NOT prepared at all, they are counting on the guberment to take care of them. That being said maybe I'll have to get some Obama stickers for my kit. Place them on my vehicles and home if the SHTF. That way people will think I have nothing, and have no way to defend myself. That way I'll have the element of surprise when someone comes to raid my home at night.:s0114:

Also I'd have to take down my American flag. Out of the 12 homes in my cul-de-sac, 5 fly flags and have guns, 2 might have guns (no flag), 5 don't (judging by conversations with the residents) with no flags and sporting Obama stickers.

Lol! Sounds like a good funnel.

I do know some Obama supporters who are very well armed and prepared though, of course they could be posers.

Seriously though, there probably isn't going to be time for seeking vengeance on those that have alternative political ideals, that shift is going to be over and done with. I would be more concerned with joining in a cooperative effort to address food, water, health, and safety issues. Of course, I live in a small town which is going to make that easier, being that most of us know each other. Larger towns would definitely be more risky.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top