JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If anybody has a list of scheduled MFOL counter protest please share.

Edit: You would think that given the circumstances we are dealing with right now that we could muster pro 2A crowds many times the size of the march for our lives crowds? I just checked the websites for OFF, NRA, GOA and SAF, there is no mention of scheduled MFOL counter protest anywhere on their sites. It looks like the MFOL won't have to share any of their thunder with the media and American people. I guess it's not our style so we will have to go back to banging on our keyboards miserating with the choir, like I am doing right now. :(
It's fair to say, I deserve what is coming for my/our firearm freedoms.

Last Edited:
Where is our national response to these types of lies & propaganda.

If there are abuses with donations to MFOL, Everytown, etc, why are we not calling them out?

Last Edited:
It's becoming more evident as every year goes by, that firearm freedoms are very high maintenance freedoms. You snooze and you lose them. I have been doing way to much much snoozing.

It is easier to take something away...than to keep it.

As in ....
The anti gun movement...has one focus....taking away firearms...be it supposedly just certain ones or all of them.
It ends up the same : you cannot own this.

We as gun owners , are divided with our focus.
Some gun owners want nothing taken away...
Others are okay with some guns taken away..
Some gun owners are in favor of more rules / bans/ restrictions and the like...
Or anything else in between the above.

We as gun owners also get to squabbling with each other over the above farily often...
Again another divide.
Andy

If I google March For Our Lives June 11th and select "news" filter, it comes up with pages, upon pages, upon pages of different media announcements for their numerous rally locations.

If you enter in 2nd Amendment rally and hit the news filter the results come up with many different links to all sorts of articles, very few actually about a 2nd Amendment rally.

That could be because there aren't many 2nd Amendment rallies scheduled or google is fixing the search results to block the articles? You be the judge but I haven't heard of any 2A rallies being scheduled around our parts?

Last Edited:
It is easier to take something away...than to keep it.

As in ....
The anti gun movement...has one focus....taking away firearms...be it supposedly just certain ones or all of them.
It ends up the same : you cannot own this.

We as gun owners , are divided with our focus.
Some gun owners want nothing taken away...
Others are okay with some guns taken away..
Some gun owners are in favor of more rules / bans/ restrictions and the like...
Or anything else in between the above.

We as gun owners also get to squabbling with each other over the above farily often...
Again another divide.
Andy
That seems pretty accurate. The gun grabbers also have those differences of opinions in what should be taken away. At the end of the day if anything is taken away they win and we lose. Sometimes we lose a little and sometimes we lose a lot but we rarely gain anything back. We seem to almost always be in defense mode and rarely get to play offense.

Could a group of people form a religion that centered around worshiping militia activities and firearms? Then use civil rights law to permit militia type training and firearm possession in States like Oregon where activity is banned and firearms are restricted? Church Of The 2A for example?

Edit: Maybe a private non-profit club could work in a similar fashion?

Last Edited:
Media

The antis have the media fully on their side with complete control. Example, Microsoft newsfeed page when I open a new browser tab. There are 19 articles that are about gun violence and gun control. Only one is a pro 2A editorial. That means 18 have an anti-gun spin, including this gem, "See how AR-15 style guns create 'explosion inside the body'." That means about 95% of the mass media coverage is going against us.

The only national news that is either unbiased or pro 2A at times is Fox, and mostly dismissed as biased, which based on the stat above is a bit of a joke. Some Fox hosts have been challenging pro-gun politicians (which is okay as that is the job of media). Internet "news" for most folks is actually just confirmation bias...they seek views to confirm their beliefs. Thus, rarely exposed to counter-viewpoints and allowing critical thinking to kick in.

IMHO, we have to pick our battles by engaging the uninformed but interested folks in the middle and help them understand our perspective, one voter at a time sometimes.

Something to consider in regards to media....

If someone is rational and articulate ...and presents information in a non confrontational manner....
Or..
If someone can be easily seen as any or all of the stereotypes of a gun owner...
Just who will be picked to be shown by the media ...?
Andy

I don't watch any usa tv media and especially not YouTube wackos who think they are qualified because they can post a video of some conspiracy theory crap that will draw more views. The only media I watch is from Britain. Bbcnews, skynews are both good and very objective.

When you control the Media you control the People.

Hitler wrote about this while imprisoned in 1925.

Those who fail to teach/study history...

Why are "they" winning? A few reasons:

1. The public is less educated than ever about actual firearms. Back in the day, people grew up around them all the time - even if they didn't shoot, they were constantly exposed. Now? Exposure for many Americans is relegated to TV/Movies (and we know how Hollywood loves to portray guns) and police officers. A lot of the public is terrified of them because the grabbers have successfully demonized guns (and those who like them) in the public eye;
  2. Word games. I cover this to some extent in my Weapons of War post/poll (please go check it out and vote if you haven't already), but the grabbers use language to convey a posture of fear. "Weapons of war" evokes the image of a battlefield at little Johnny and Susie's doorstep (and of course no one wants that). "High powered", "assault weapons", "high capacity" etc. sound scary to average Joe Citizen (again, see #1 - this is intentionally done to mislead a largely ignorant public), while "Everytown for Gun Safety" etc. sounds like something any reasonable person would want;
  3. A complacent public who relies on the Nanny State to protect them instead of being responsible for their own protection. We see this all the time, and it's at the CORE (IMO) of a lot of gun grabber motivations. They think only government should have guns, because it's their job to protect us plebes, and "that's why we have police/military" etc. Of course, we know this is an ignorant position to have, but as I've already shown, the public is largely ignorant on this issue (and the public are the prize when it comes to making policy);
  4. Budget. Bloomberg and the liberal left have very, very deep pockets - deeper than the NRA or any gun rights organization they demonize. And whomever has the most money tends to have the ability to shape public opinion in their direction due to media saturation.
  5. Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics: let's be real here and state at the outset that both sides of the 2A debate do this to some degree. But the liberal/lefties excel at it: they cherry pick data to suit their conclusions, even though a rigorous review of actual data doesn't support their conclusions at all.
There may be more I'm not thinking of, but those are some of the big reasons IMO.

The anti's aren't winning, no matter how much they or you say they are. Everyone knows that a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun every time. We need more good guys with guns not less guns. We are all part of the solution not the problem so lets act like it.

Lots of "compromises" that didn't actually get us anything. Our side yells "muh second ammendment" instead of actually proposing things that could work or creating actual compromise that's mutually beneficial.
Awwwww, had it with the cartoon...
" proposing things that could work or creating actual compromise "
Just say NO, and stick to it.
sigh...gun people are wimpy.
Joe

My problem with blaming the mail in voting is that we are not seeing a majority uprising against the freedoms being taken away. If the mail in voting was being corrupted to the point that minority position was being adopted due to mail in voting fraud, then we should have massive amounts of people in the streets questioning the results. I am not seeing it. We saw pretty much zero opposition to the NY package of firearm restrictions and very little opposition to the House package passed in DC today. There seems to be little opposition to any of these gun restrictions being passed.
Voter apathy could very well be part of the problem. With so many elections turning out so close though I'm suspicious.

There is always one reason we lose, voting. Yes there is some cheating, always has been, always will be. MANY gun owners love to tell anyone who will listen that voting does nothing. Great, don't vote and this will get better how?:confused:
Every election a LOT of gun owners go this way. Don't vote or throw vote away as no one is "good enough". Another problem is gun owners who are always in on compromise. It always only goes one way, we lose. When this latest mag ban passed I mentioned it to a lot of shooters at work. NONE of then knew what I was talking about. Had no idea it was going on. Tell me again the problem is the left? :mad:

My problem with blaming the mail in voting is that we are not seeing a majority uprising against the freedoms being taken away. If the mail in voting was being corrupted to the point that minority position was being adopted due to mail in voting fraud, then we should have massive amounts of people in the streets questioning the results. I am not seeing it. We saw pretty much zero opposition to the NY package of firearm restrictions and very little opposition to the House package passed in DC today. There seems to be little opposition to any of these gun restrictions being passed.
YEP! Always has been some cheating. 10% are not controlling 90%. Several people in CA who are fighting mention this. That there is MILLIONS of legal gun owners. That if they could get just 2 million to vote as a block? They could move things. Sadly they can not. :( Those legal gun owners sure know how to get mad when some new law effect them though.

If they are winning then how do explain in 2002 there was only one constitution carry state and twenty years later there are 25?
One of the FEW things we are winning on and believe me it sets the anti hair on fire. In a way this let all criminals off and hate all Cops has been good. MANY who begged for it are finding out how fun it is to get what they asked for. So many who found they were on their own bought a gun for the first time in their life. Now we just need to get them to VOTE well.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top