JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

"Instead, they made their way to a private company that has collected millions of dollars taking firearms from police agencies, destroying a single piece of each weapon stamped with the serial number and selling the rest as nearly complete gun kits."

More government incompetency at it's finest. I'm shocked.

Did ANYONE not know this?
Okay, so you couldn't "know", let's not be testicle.
Did any one not believe this would happen?
Who woulda guessed...
Some jurisdictions don't even bother with pretending. Many police departments across the nation have been caught selling or trading in fully intact/functional buyback firearms to "help supplement the departments budget". Check the SN to verify it's not a crime gun and out she goes right back out onto the streets.

"Close to home" it wasn't too terribly long ago it was WA state police that got called out for doing just that. I don't recall hearing what the outcome was or if they still do it or not, though.

Technically the firearm is only the serialized part. Go to Gunbroker and look up parts kit. There are hundreds of these that sell every month. Doing the Lords work saving the parts, but does irritate me that they destroy the AK front trunnions.

If anyone even bothered to use their brain... law enforcement, gooberment agency trade-ins and military surplus firearms probably amount to 10's if not 100's of thousands of firearms sold annually in the U.S.

If buybacks were anything more than virtue signaling at the tax payers expense, and they were serious about reducing firearms in the U.S., the gooberment would require all agencies to destroy all their trade-in's and surplus's.

That would require folks to muster together at least half a brain fart to realize that though. 🤪

If anyone even bothered to use their brain... law enforcement, gooberment agency trade-ins and military surplus firearms probably amount to 10's if not 100's of thousands of firearms sold annually in the U.S.
Those guns were purchased by the taxpayer, not the department and should be distributed back to the original purchaser after their service life.

Yes, I'm still down here waiting for hell to freeze.

Technically the firearm is only the serialized part. Go to Gunbroker and look up parts kit. There are hundreds of these that sell every month. Doing the Lords work saving the parts, but does irritate me that they destroy the AK front trunnions.
I have contributed to Gunbusters success! :)

"Instead, they made their way to a private company that has collected millions of dollars taking firearms from police agencies, destroying a single piece of each weapon stamped with the serial number and selling the rest as nearly complete gun kits."

Incompetency? This would be about as efficient as I've ever seen government run.

63594749.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR