JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Build yourself a banshee clone with the CMMG RDB BCG and barrel combo. Get an aero XL upper to attach to the lower of your choice and go exactly as you would for any AR-15 build from there.

I built mine in .45ACP for about half the cost of a brand name banshee with the same brand name parts.
Concur with this. Build or play with secondary toys.

Here's a photo stolen from some random website to explain what I'm talking about:

View attachment 1404049
That was what I thought you were talking about. The one on the right is how Thomson mags looked. The M3 and all its variants look just like the one on the left. Even in the Macs it worked and those things ran FAST, really too fast. The one big up side to the style on the right was loading. Thomson style mags were FAR easier to load without any kind of tool. You could just push the rounds in easily. Been so long since I have used one I can't remember how the Colt style look.

Only one I've seen had a proprietary stanag type mag. Maybe they make others I dunno.
Just looked at the CMMG Banshee site again and a lot of them are Glock and many look to be those AR type mags with the adapter in them to make them work with 9mm ammo. Before the great ban here I had almost tried one of those but after they cut off the mags over 10 never bothered. Not sure how they work at the top end.

Just looked at the CMMG Banshee site again and a lot of them are Glock and many look to be those AR type mags with the adapter in them to make them work with 9mm ammo. Before the great ban here I had almost tried one of those but after they cut off the mags over 10 never bothered. Not sure how they work at the top end.
E9A97488-89BE-471F-BE9B-731B1945E0C2.jpeg

I want one that runs glock magazines, it's what I have and don't want to buy others.
(budget aside)

In my opinion, If you're going with a AR platform I recommend JP Enterprises. If you're looking for something outside of the AR platform I recommend the B&T APC9 with the Glock compatible lower.

They both take Glock mags and are top notch.

I like my PC Carbine a lot. Takedown, accepts AR grips and stocks, Glock mags, flawless and reliable operation... it's a great PCC.
I did not know they made that model to take AR grips, nice!! I have the original new model takedown and do LOVE it. Ton of damn fun. I keep waiting for a Henry because I like the wood furniture. To me PCC's are like 1911's. Every damn one I see I want another :s0140:

The new Stribog models make sense. You can get the Glock compatible lower or go with the standard which uses the reasonably priced Stribog mags.

The new Scorpion looks decent to, but I'd rather get something that has a special delayed blowback.

My Sig MPX-K has been working flawlessly for the last 5 years or so.

I've thought about getting a dedicated suppressor and new trigger for it, but the gun isn't particularly useful for anything, so It's hard to delegate funds to upgrading it.

I've shot a few PCCs at steel plate racks a lot, and a few more once or twice. My favorites, in order:

MP5
I've shot this one a lot in several different configurations. The factory sights are very good. So good that I shoot plates about as fast with them as I do with a red dot. Some MP5s don't like running 115 gr, some of them will run anything. You might expect the roller-delayed action to be sensitive to all that dirt from the blowback, but I put 500 rounds through one without cleaning it and it ran just fine. The upside of this action type is that the gun runs very smoothly. Felt recoil is mild and muzzle rise is minimal. Double taps group very tightly. I just love this gun. The iconic looks don't hurt it any either. Everyone with you will want to shoot it.

CZ Scorpion
Another smooth-running gun, probably because the bolt carrier is enormous. Fit and finish is very good. It's good off the shelf, but if you like tinkering you can turn this one into a real gem. I recommend an aftermarket trigger, handgrip, mag release and ambi safety delete. We broke a feed lip off one of the factory mags by dropping it when it was full, but Magpul makes some mags with steel reinforcement in that area. It's the second fastest gun I've shot on a plate rack, beaten only by the MP5, and just barely at that. And it looks like a space gun. Everyone will want to shoot it.

Sig MPX
I've only shot the MPX once and it was instant love. AR ergonomics and familiarity, great trigger (knowing my buddy, it may well have been aftermarket), super accurate and runs like a top. The fit and finish are terrific. The controls all feel smooth and solid. I'm sure if I spent more time with this gun I'd be as fast with it as the two above. And it's so pretty. Everyone will want to shoot it.

AR-9
I've shot several variations of this platform, and the ergonomics, combined with the wide variety of aftermarket triggers and many optics choices make this a familiar and very fast plate runner. There are several prebuilt and DIY options. Quality varies a bit from one manufacturer to another. One note of caution: If you go with an FM Products upper, avoid dry firing or buy a bunch of spare firing pins. The Stern Defense adapter is a great way to use that random AR lower you never got around to building out. There are a lot of very helpful posts already in this thread covering the different brands (and more informative than I could be), so I'll leave it at that.

Kel-Tek Sub 2000
The folding stock makes it very portable, and it locks up solidly. The factory sights work surprisingly well. The charging handle is a little awkward, but the rest of the controls are pretty good. The factory trigger is not great, but there are aftermarket triggers that are quite good. Some of the Gen 1 had an intermittent trigger reset issue but that's apparently resolved in the Gen 2. There are now lots of aftermarket parts. This gun is a big old PITA to clean and it gets dirty fast. But it's super accurate and looks cool. Everyone will want to shoot it.

Kriss Vector
I've only shot a few of these. I shoot them well. The recoil feels weird because, well because it is. But the recoil system works as advertised; There is very little muzzle climb, and the felt recoil is among the best. The gun looks beautiful to some and weird to others. Screw those other guys - it's beautiful. And fun. Everyone will want to shoot it.

Certainly not in the same class as the high end PCC's, but I bought an Extar EP9 for a beat around truck gun that takes Glock mags and I have grown to absolutely trust this little thing. It just runs reliably and shoots straight and is fun. Eats every different type of round I push through it. I have my SHTF kit that is all glock mag based firearms so I don't have to carry multiple mags/ammo types. Looks like they have a .45 version as well now. Made in 'Merica!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top