JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a few... Ar-9, CZ scorpion, Century arms Ap5, and Cmmg banshee 10mm. i used to have a PS90 as well and have shot the MPX a lot as well.
I still think the MP5 design is still my favorite.

I want one that runs glock magazines, it's what I have and don't want to buy others.
I bought a few lowers recently on the cheap. I have a bunch of 92 mags, so I went with the Stern Defense adapter for a Glock bolt. Here's hoping the JP works with her. My research indicated the order least to greatest is: Aero, FM, JP.

I had a Mec Tech CCU on a G17 frame. It did everything I wanted it to. Accurate, reliable, common parts.

It was a bit heavy for what it was, but I never had issue with it.

I let it go during a bad time. I regret it.

I want one that runs glock magazines, it's what I have and don't want to buy others.
That is wise. A bunch of them started coming out to work with Glock and its a smart move. As for "best" its hard to say. I have several and one is a MUCH maligned Ke-Tec I have had for couple decades and love for some things. If I ever manage to wear it out I will buy another of the newer version. I love it for packing with me for one. It has for a long time often gone with my in a laptop case, with the laptop in there too. Around the home its so short and light its almost as easy as a handgun but turns out .357 performance. It has some downsides due to how light and short it is for the "fun factor". Before they went after the braces my favorite for fun was an AR pistol. Got rid of that now since I did not want to jump through the NFA hoops. So next up is the Ruger for just plain all out fun. Wife loves that one for around the home too. Also have a couple made by a place in OR that work great but sadly the place is owned by someone I will never buy from again so I do not recommend them.
Waiting for the new Henry to catch up production so I can get one of them. So do you want an NFA? An AR? Something else? Only you can really decide what will do it for you. The nice thing is this market has just exploded last decade or so. LOT's of choices now which I love.

Personally I would choose the best gun for my use not because it uses a specific mag. Cost of mags is part of the equation sure but if you limit to only one specific mag type that greatly reduces the number of gun options (for example at least the top 4 of the softest shooters would be eliminated imo and those are the ones I would most want to have).

A good video on it here

If @Helocat is still out there, it would be interesting to hear his opinions.

Sound the Cat-Signal..
needy cat GIF

My glock mags are 10rd for the glock 26 9mm. If they ban those then they will ban everything.

What ever I buy it's going to have to use Glock magazines as I am getting rid of everything else.
There are quite a few AR based that accept Glock mags. Most manufacturers consider Glock Mags standard.

Notable non-ARs that take Glock are:

Ruger
Henry
B&T
Keltec

You'll need to double check a few for the fitment of 10 rounders. I know most AR pattern 9mms usually can take 26 mags but not all. Some AR lowers have longer or angled mag wells that interfere with the 26 baseplates. The Keltec for example will only take 19 mags in the smaller grip one, get the bigger grip model only takes 17 or bigger.

If you want to go the AR route, then you need to decide if you want a dedicated Glock lower or run an adaptor on a standard lower. Stern Defense makes excellent adaptors. A bit expensive, but we'll worth it IMHO.

I had a Mec Tech CCU on a G17 frame. It did everything I wanted it to. Accurate, reliable, common parts.

It was a bit heavy for what it was, but I never had issue with it.

I let it go during a bad time. I regret it.
I had two of those. First one bought when the great clinton ban was on. Made for a 1911. It was fun but I let it go. After the ban ended bought another that allowed you to swap stocks and even use AR sights. I don't have a Glock but almost bought a G17 a few times just to buy one made for them. If the market had not started coming out with some NICE PCC's using the Glock mags I would have bought one of the casper frames when they hit. The weight of them was the one downside to them but sure made them fun to shoot.

What many seem to be missing is that most magazines designed for pistols (as in traditional handguns) are of single feed design.
Most rifles and sub guns have a double feed magazine.
The machinegun people don't seem to like the single feed magazine for their application.
I assume a single feed mag can't keep up?

There are quite a few AR based that accept Glock mags. Most manufacturers consider Glock Mags standard.

Notable non-ARs that take Glock are:

Ruger
Henry
B&T
Keltec

You'll need to double check a few for the fitment of 10 rounders. I know most AR pattern 9mms usually can take 26 mags but not all. Some AR lowers have longer or angled mag wells that interfere with the 26 baseplates. The Keltec for example will only take 19 mags in the smaller grip one, get the bigger grip model only takes 17 or bigger.
My KT' came with Glock OEM 10 round mags made for the G-17. As many states as have come out with bans I suspect they must still be cranking these out? Been so long ago I can't remember any more how they did it but the 9mm version is made for the G17 mags. They just shipped with a 10 round mag back then for the states that even back then were limiting them. I gave that mag away to someone who wanted it for some reason. The 40 version of the S2K I bought also had an OEM Glock mag that was a 10 rounder. That one too was given away so long ago I can't remember how they did it.
Buddy of mine just bought a G17 and it came with 3 OEM mags that someone had put a block in to keep them at 10. So not sure if the factory is doing this or someone else but looks like it should be no problem to get 10 rounders that will work with any of the PCC's that use Glock.

What many seem to be missing is that most magazines designed for pistols (as in traditional handguns) are of single feed design.
Most rifles and sub guns have a double feed magazine.
The machinegun people don't seem to like the single feed magazine for their application.
I assume a single feed mag can't keep up?
The M3 (Grease Gun) used single feed if the top of the mag is what you are talking about? As compared to how things like the Thomson mags worked? The Macs used those old M3 mags and had insane fast fire rate and still seemed to work fine with these. The 9mm AR PCC's seem to be mostly either Glock or Colt SMG mags. Been so long since I have seen one of the Colt ones I can't remember any more what they are like.

The M3 (Grease Gun) used single feed if the top of the mag is what you are talking about? As compared to how things like the Thomson mags worked? The Macs used those old M3 mags and had insane fast fire rate and still seemed to work fine with these. The 9mm AR PCC's seem to be mostly either Glock or Colt SMG mags. Been so long since I have seen one of the Colt ones I can't remember any more what they are like.
Here's a photo stolen from some random website to explain what I'm talking about:

guntweaks-glock-magazine-4_orig.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top