JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bah... Darth Nihilus>Darth Vader. :rolleyes:

Tbh I like the EU Star Wars over the canon Star Wars. But I've been getting out of touch with both of them. :(

It depended on the author for me. I loved the original X-Wing and Rouge Squadron books. I only allowed myself to read Timothy Zahn books as a reward, so I would get stuff done. Could have done with a few of the authors keeping to their normal stuff and not trying their hand at Star Wars.

I will embarrass myself and admit, I spent a year and a half reading through all my Star Wars books (including comics) in chronological order. :oops: You might say I have a bit of a collection. @CountryGent would say I have way more than a bit. Then he will get me some awesome Star Wars book.

@CountryGent would say I have way more than a bit.

True, but goodness knows you put up with my various shenanigans. ;)

That aside, I've only read a small number of the "extended universe" books*, so I can't say I recognize some of these names. And I think the prequels were, generally speaking, pretty bad. So, I'm going to have to go with Han Solo on the good side and Darth Vader on the bad side for favorites.

* The Tales of series (e.g., Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Jabba's Palace, The Bounty Hunters, etc.) are a fun read.

The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy was kind of interesting, opening up new sides of Boba Fett. The New Jedi Order, on the other hand... I'd say it sucked arse like a cheap whore, but I'd rather not cast unnecessary aspersions upon the deep-discount tier of the world's oldest profession.

NJO is right up there with Jar Jar, Greedo Shooting First (no, Han shot ONLY! and it was still a Justifiable Shoot), Whiny Little Punk Anakin and letting Shia LaButtnugget and ET into Indiana Jones on the long sad list of "WTF Was Lucas SMOKING?!" Real Bad Ideas...

Hmmm, my answers would have to be based solely on the movies, since I don't read the books or watch the cartoons, etc. With that in mind, some of my favorites to date (haven't seen Rogue 1 yet, so don't know if any good ones there):

Han Solo - I mean, who doesn't love Han?
Obi Wan - the old one, not the young one
Qui-Gon Jinn
Darth Maul - cause he looked so cool and had a great fight scene
Darth Vader - the original, not the whiny little beotch in movies 1-3
Yoda - again, the original, not the CG version in movies 1-3
Rey - still getting to know her, but like what I see so far

And maybe, Luke - bear with me though. I'm anticipating old Luke might be a great character, a far step from his original character which was, at times, painful to watch and though he is third in line behind that horribly craptacular performance by Hayden Christensen as Anakin and Jar Jar. It remains to be seen if old Luke has grown up and become a character that I can enjoy - I'm actually hopeful for this.

It depended on the author for me.
That aside, I've only read a small number of the "extended universe" books*, so I can't say I recognize some of these names.
I never even read one book to be honest. The EU I like is from some of the games like Knights of the Old Republic (1 and 2, and the MMO). They have some interesting characters, such as Darth Revan and Darth Traya. Especially since they differ from the norm for a sith.

Hmmm, my answers would have to be based solely on the movies, since I don't read the books or watch the cartoons, etc. With that in mind, some of my favorites to date (haven't seen Rogue 1 yet, so don't know if any good ones there):

Han Solo - I mean, who doesn't love Han?
Obi Wan - the old one, not the young one
Qui-Gon Jinn
Darth Maul - cause he looked so cool and had a great fight scene
Darth Vader - the original, not the whiny little beotch in movies 1-3
Yoda - again, the original, not the CG version in movies 1-3
Rey - still getting to know her, but like what I see so far

And maybe, Luke - bear with me though. I'm anticipating old Luke might be a great character, a far step from his original character which was, at times, painful to watch and though he is third in line behind that horribly craptacular performance by Hayden Christensen as Anakin and Jar Jar. It remains to be seen if old Luke has grown up and become a character that I can enjoy - I'm actually hopeful for this.
Fourth in line. Don't forget the Ewoks. :p

i'm a die hard fan of Vader! I do have high hopes for Rey, and Rouge 1 I found most awesome, good to see more of the S.W. E.U. getting made.
Favorite baddy is still Gov'ner Tak and a close second is the Emperor from the first three. .............Now witness the power of this fully operational battle station!!!

i'm a die hard fan of Vader! I do have high hopes for Rey, and Rouge 1 I found most awesome, good to see more of the S.W. E.U. getting made.
Favorite baddy is still Gov'ner Tak and a close second is the Emperor from the first three. .............Now witness the power of this fully operational battle station!!!

Forgot about the Emperor - you're right, he does deserve at least an honorable mention!

Maybe we need a separate thread with your most HATED Star Wars characters. I suspect many of those would be populated from movies 1-3, with George Lucas at the top...:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top