JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"Perhaps Trump doesn't want to risk disturbing the NRA, which spent more than $30 million in 2016 to support him and defeat his opponent, Hillary Clinton. (These figures come from the Center for Responsive Politics.)" 'Thoughts and prayers' and fistfuls of NRA money: Why America can't control guns (a grim update)

Meh, a drop in the bucket. And the LA Times says the money was spent in "support" of a candidate to defeat the gun grabber Komrade Killory. Continued funding, I don't think so. Except maybe for the next presidential election. Trump is even donating his presidential salary.

Why so much hate?

Until we figure out that "More Laws" won't solve our issues, we are apt to have these horrible acts repeated. I'm convinced these are issues in the heart of man, so attempting to legislate them will be fruitless.

In this age, mass shootings will continue. The least we can do is harden likely targets and also begin to change the heart of man.

Ya I can't waste time on media spin, the bs is just to much from media ever since the election. The media has turned to such liars that they have lost all credibility in what they report. Truth is hard to find now days.o_O

Trumps businesses are making a lot of money off him being president so to him 400k salary is nothing So what if he donates his salary the amount of money he made from his tax change it would takes decades as president to benefit him as much as the tax cut did.

Look it up online the fact is that Trump has had major funding from the NRA. Sorry it doesn't play into your narrative. I have read from the 21 to 30 million was donated to Trump

looked up as requested, apparently money, per se, wasn't put in trump's coffers at all, but rather:

"But the NRA's investment, which was more than any other outside group, paid for a slew of ads that directly targeted the same voters who propelled Trump to victory. The organization's radio and television spots sought to cast Hillary Clinton and the Democratic rivals of its preferred Senate candidates as an existential threat to the Second Amendment, and national security. It is a message that resonates in the gun belt, a swath of primarily Southern and Midwestern states where Trump achieved some of his most consequential victories."

In October alone, according to the Center for Public Integrity, roughly one out of every 20 television ads in Pennsylvania was sponsored by the NRA. That same month, the group paid for one in nine ads in North Carolina, and one of every eight in Ohio.

The NRA Placed Big Bets on the 2016 Election, and Won Almost All of Them

thanks for the suggestion as it clears up another urban myth!

looked up as requested, apparently money, per se, wasn't put in

"But the NRA's investment, which was more than any other outside group, paid for a slew of ads that directly targeted the same voters who propelled Trump to victory. The organization's radio and television spots sought to cast Hillary Clinton and the Democratic rivals of its preferred Senate candidates as an existential threat to the Second Amendment, and national security. It is a message that resonates in the gun belt, a swath of primarily Southern and Midwestern states where Trump achieved some of his most consequential victories." The NRA Placed Big Bets on the 2016 Election, and Won Almost All of Them

thanks for the suggestion as it clears up another urban myth!
Either way up to 30 million was spent / donated to get Trump elected by the NRA. Trump is starting to look at 2020 and you don't think he wants their help? I am willing to bet that he will do what's best for him and if that means doing what the NRA wants so be it. Hope no one with more money goes shopping for a POTUS.

So much hate - yes there is. He says one thing and does another - to most people that is called lieing. He has used the presidency to line his and his family's poc

Either way up to 30 million was spent / donated to get Trump elected by the NRA. Trump is starting to look at 2020 and you don't think he wants their help? I am willing to bet that he will do what's best for him and if that means doing what the NRA wants so be it. Hope no one with more money goes shopping for a POTUS.
Guess Obama didn't line his pockets, eh?

See, Russians, NRA, Mom's Against Everything, Soro's Bloomberg, Planned Parent Hood...

There was so much outside influence on the 2016 election....

Same as always...

IMHO, a lot of our election funding when awry when the highest court in the land stated corporation(s) can be cosidered indivduals as such can contribute unlimited $$$$$ to those candidate(s) of their choice?

Well im just glad i turn 21 this week, had i been born later i probably wouldnt be apart of this community lol. Bumpstocks are useless toys but thats exactly why they really dont need to be banned. Background checks im not sure on

Guess Obama didn't line his pockets, eh?
I love this - the topic is about Trump and the NRA and the proposed laws coming out of the white house. But so far people keep deflecting to Clinton Obama and planned parent hood. There is no doubt that there were finances paid to these groups but we only ever had one president that said he would use only his own money to get elected and now we know that was a lie.

I love this - the topic is about Trump and the NRA and the proposed laws coming out of the white house. But so far people keep deflecting to Clinton Obama and planned parent hood. There is no doubt that there were finances paid to these groups but we only ever had one president that said he would use only his own money to get elected and now we know that was a lie.
This shouldnt be too much of a suprise, if we're gunna be honest most people who voted for trump didnt like him that much. As far as single issue voters go alot of gun owners tend to be, trump was the only candidate not openly anti gun. He just lost a massive portion of his base, the rest of his lies most people should have seen coming

It is the way our country's election system has functioned since the founding fathers set up the electoral college in the constitution.

Remember, our first presidents were founding fathers who were wealthy land and slave owners and well known (political activity/leanings) amongst the population from their activities founding this union.

Point in case...notice the outliers didn't get elected, e.g., Paine died in obscurity and "Only six people attended his funeral as he had been ostracized for his ridicule of Christianity."

Last Edited:

hey, someone wants to purchase media time, DJT didn't want to fund, you going to say no?

Ruby, halfway through the presidential campaign Trump announced that he would be taking funds from donors. What is your perceived grievance?

The NRA didn't give money directly to Trump they used money to campaign against candidates that were blatantly anti 2nd ammendment. Additionally, the NRA has the right to support the candidate that will do the most to protect the 2nd ammendment, so it is really a non issue. The REAL discussion should be focused on if our president is doing a good job of preserving those rights or not, and I think we as gun owners are very concerned with what is going on right now, as we should be.

Also the comment about Trump making money off his presidency? What a joke! The amount of media backlash on a daily basis attempting to tarnish his name and reputation is truly disgusting and dishonest. If this were anyone else, you would be concerned about the media hounding them to such an extent, but because he is president he has made these things open to the public. That said, this is the last thing he needed to take upon himself as a businessman, and trust me life for him would be much easier without this political mess that he has to deal with.

Last point, why are you so hateful when it comes to his income? There is nothing wrong with being successful & independant and nobody has a right to someone elses money, period.

LOL...Only in America will we spend $700,000,000.00 to get someone a $400,000.00 job.

Most Americans look at a job by what it pays because that's how we live. Politicians look at what power the job gives them first because they know they have trillions in the budget they can milk for more money or bribes they can get to pass legislation. It's refreshing to have a potus that has his own money so he doesn' feel the need to steal ours. On the power side I hope he does what's best for the country and so far most of what he has done I agree with.:)

The NRA funding is a minor thing only pointed towards by the left wing. Unions give 10 times the money to liberal causes every election cycle. NRA's strength is in there membership and endorsement. What are typical NRA dues? A few dollars a month.....not enough to effect anything on the national stage but effecting voters is another thing, members vote as a strong block, stronger that modern unions.

LOL...Only in America will we spend $700,000,000.00 to get someone a $400,000.00 job.

Allegedly DJT is working for free but must take $1 to meet federal due consideration provisions.

The amount spent during our election campaigns would sure pay for school lunchs, house and feed a lot of homeless folk, go a long ways to eliminate the student debt burden, as well clean up poverty levels...huh?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads