JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's why I said budget friendly and not cheap. :rolleyes:

I'm almost settling on just saying screw it and get a FAL. I wanted a Vepr, but they're on the sanctions now and spare parts are sparse as it is.

There is a recent FAL thread you should read.

DSA full rifles are good.

Belgians are a fantastic waste of money unless you get a "g" type which has the fun switch grandfathered in. That will set you back $6k or so.

imbel, argentine, steyr kits are the best. Imbel, DSA, and Argentine and Coonan receivers are the best.

Never get a Hesse receiver or Ohio Rapid Fire (ORF) very problematic.

Have fun and go FAL not CETME/G3

PTRs or C308s? If its from Century, I don't do it.

I was planning to do a parts kit unless I find one at a good price on the FAL files or something.

There is a recent FAL thread you should read.

DSA full rifles are good.

Belgians are a fantastic waste of money unless you get a "g" type which has the fun switch grandfathered in. That will set you back $6k or so.

imbel, argentine, steyr kits are the best. Imbel, DSA, and Argentine and Coonan receivers are the best.

Never get a Hesse receiver or Ohio Rapid Fire (ORF) very problematic.

Have fun and go FAL not CETME/G3
No worries there. While I admit that I think the PTRs are good for the money, its the right arm of the free world I want. :D Should have gotten a FAL a long time ago... Atm I'm still not sure to go FAL or wait, but its tempting to go now.

My membership there needs to get activated ASAP then. :D

I might break my FAL rule for the first one and go compact if possible. Still need something for the brush here.

I bet they aren't as clumsy as me though! :D

Nah, its just the advantages going to the full size don't really outweigh the need for something compact here. After college (one year left) I'm definitely getting a full sized FAL to give it company.

I have a feeling you do... My only question would be if I need to eventually build a room just for FALs or not. :D

Well, that, and what's the best route to go if I scope it? And does the rear sight return to zero after being field stripped?

You can get a DSA Voyager series FAL for about a grand right now, and the only things I see that make it different are the rear sight and cheaper plastic furniture! Hard to go wrong with a DSA!
If your going to build from a kit, be mindful of what the end result you want as many of the kit parts will get tossed if your build plans do not mesh with the kit's contents!
Sarco has a few Imble short kits still available, and you can also pick up a Coonan Receiver ( ordered on a different day) from them, and a brand new chrome lined barrel, and your almost there!

You can get a DSA Voyager series FAL for about a grand right now, and the only things I see that make it different are the rear sight and cheaper plastic furniture! Hard to go wrong with a DSA!
If your going to build from a kit, be mindful of what the end result you want as many of the kit parts will get tossed if your build plans do not mesh with the kit's contents!
Sarco has a few Imble short kits still available, and you can also pick up a Coonan Receiver ( ordered on a different day) from them, and a brand new chrome lined barrel, and your almost there!
Well I do know that my first requirement is a carry handle. So that leaves DSA off the list.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews