JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With a traditional rifle scope yes. I was going for a prism scope so the carry handle can have some use, though mostly it'd just be there for the look. I might give Arizona Response Systems a call or email to see if they have a 17" barrel group for sale and go from there. If I go that way I'll get it the way I want. I was considering a folding M4 stock adapter, but I think I'll go against that.

Bobo, Please if you go on the files, don't use the clown handle as most guys there will laugh you right out of the forum.

Mark, "The Gunplumber" and owner of ARS is a straight shooter and you can Not buy a better FAL to take to war.

If you want a brush FAL an Para might be good for your uses, I run 21" barrel on mine and mine also has a Hesse receiver and runs Excellent, yeah they are Old school but I trust My FAL over many other .308's You may have heard of "Old Dirty" the Famous FAL that has run about 30,000 rounds UNCLEANED, a little oil and keep firing. A Testament to the rugged FAL.

There have been some nice FAL's at the files marketplace, you just have to park there and watch, My least expensive FAL is my favorite and it was $400 complete, some years ago though. Best of luck on your .308 hunt.
That's why I said budget friendly and not cheap. :rolleyes:

I'm almost settling on just saying screw it and get a FAL. I wanted a Vepr, but they're on the sanctions now and spare parts are sparse as it is.

I only use the clown name here. I never heard of "Old Dirty", just the reputation of the FAL's ruggedness.

I'd like to get a 21" with wood furniture one day, but the first one has the brush making the priorities.

Accept no substitutes....Classic .308 Galil.

IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2583.JPG

It's for sale...... $75,000 :eek:

Not really. It'd take more (seriously) for me to let it go. ;)

Ive been meaning to order one of dsa's para fal railed dust cover to put on mine. I have the standard non para one on another fal and it works beautifully. What negative have you heard about the para model?

That the recoil guide rod will bend and cause issues. Some say it happens some say it doesn't.

IICR one guy had to return his three times and sold it.

If its a non para then it shouldn't be an issue since it won't have the recoil guide rod on the dust cover. I'll try to dig online more about it, but if going Para means no scope then it means hunting without a scope.

I see the carrier but not the bolt/ extractor. I also don't see the locking shoulder which you need to get after you mate the upper to the lower.

I also don't see the bolt hold open or mag release in that set. I'd call them.

I do see the fcg and trigger.

If you get an imbel barrel kit it might have the carry handle.

I'm trying to go for a paratrooper build, the whole kit could cost more money than its worth. I'll shoot them an email and see what else I need. I already figured the bolt assembly, CH, and the locking shoulder would have been needed.

I'll also ask ARS what the best route would be before I order from him.

Did the paratrooper ever have a carry handle? Just out of curiosity.
There were at least three models of the para. One had the cut for the handle but most did not. ARS will know. They were really rare in service. AFIK they were only issued to Belgian paratroopers. I don't think any other countries bought them.

Ah, well it definitely won't be right then... Still, was mostly for compactness being the priority for my first one.

The next one is gonna be a full sized one, either with wood or the polymer.

My FN Fal's have all been good, especially my original FN rifle. The AR10 brings the hair up on the back of my neck, I trained with Dutch soldiers while in Europe. They were there issue weapon. The troops were afraid to take them to the range. A lot of guys were injured when they blew up. They must have solved the problem by now but it was a real problem. so, blowing your budget, My SCAR 17s is flawless. It has sniper rifle accuracy, very low recoil, piston driven action, light weight, great trigger, special gas settings for my Gentec, and ambidextrous

Which one should I look at? The Galil Ace isn't really cutting it for me. Considered a Vepr but since they're now being sanctioned they're off the list.

Want something budget friendly, no ARs.

I would highly recommend the FNH SCAR 17! I absolutely love mine. Highly accurate out to 800 yards, lots of available aftermarket options for it and it was a steal at $2,400.00! I have shot a lot of 7.62 NATO rifles and the SCAR is hands down one of the very best out there!;):)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top