JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds good to me. ;)
Where abouts did you get on the Sounder? We hate the traffic trying to get out of the parking garages!!!

We stay at a Comfort Inn at the last stop on the Sounder South. It is about 4 blocks from the hotel, we walk there on the way in and will call the hotel shuttle to pick us up this time. There is quite the crowd at the station right after the show, but we got back about 2 am after fumbling around trying to get a Uber. Won't be as late this time as it was last time, will get right to the station after the show.

There was hardly any cars in the parking lot at the end of the line last time, we met the Head of Security for Safeco Field on the train, and he was kind enough to give us a ride to the hotel. Retired Bureau of Prisons warden. Nice guy. Appreciated it, they said it was a pretty
safe hood. Lots of police around, not like the drug and crime transportation MAX in Portland.

I will PM you my phone number, we usually get to the venues an hour half early, enjoy watching the crowd build.

We were in the Ryman Auditorium in February on a Sunday morning, and they were setting up for a Martina McBride concert. We sat there and watched that set up for 2 hours, it was almost a religious experience being in the Mother Church of Music seeing a show set up from start to finish. We finally left when it was all done, the roadies were gone and we were the only ones in the main theater. Pretty cool.

We stay at a Comfort Inn at the last stop on the Sounder South. It is about 4 blocks from the hotel, we walk there on the way in and will call the hotel shuttle to pick us up this time. There is quite the crowd at the station right after the show, but we got back about 2 am after fumbling around trying to get a Uber. Won't be as late this time as it was last time, will get right to the station after the show.

There was hardly any cars in the parking lot at the end of the line last time, we met the Head of Security for Safeco Field on the train, and he was kind enough to give us a ride to the hotel. Retired Bureau of Prisons warden. Nice guy. Appreciated it, they said it was a pretty
safe hood. Lots of police around, not like the drug and crime transportation MAX in Portland.

I will PM you my phone number, we usually get to the venues an hour half early, enjoy watching the crowd build.

We were in the Ryman Auditorium in February on a Sunday morning, and they were setting up for a Martina McBride concert. We sat there and watched that set up for 2 hours, it was almost a religious experience being in the Mother Church of Music seeing a show set up from start to finish. We finally left when it was all done, the roadies were gone and we were the only ones in the main theater. Pretty cool.

So was that Lakewood where you got on?
I was trying to figure out which place to get on (Lakewood or Tacoma) and it kept telling me that there was not a place within 1/2 mile, From the station!!!:mad::mad::mad:
We have never been on it before because we hate public transportation.

So was that Lakewood where you got on?
I was trying to figure out which place to get on (Lakewood or Tacoma) and it kept telling me that there was not a place within 1/2 mile, From the station!!!:mad::mad::mad:
We have never been on it before because we hate public transportation.

My bad. It was the Link Light Rail System. Hell, they are all trains right ??

We pick the Link up at Safeco Field and get off at the last stop, Angle Lake Station. About 4 blocks from our hotel.

My bad. It was the Link Light Rail System. Hell, they are all trains right ??

We pick the Link up at Safeco Field and get off at the last stop, Angle Lake Station. About 4 blocks from our hotel.

Gotcha, yeah they are the same but have different names. We're looking to park in lakewood since the traffic is so bad up there.

Also hate giving Seattle any $$$ except R&R shows.;)

Last Edited:
Uncle George was really good. Only played for an hour twenty, but that's about all he has anyhow. He sounded good and can still shred.View attachment 393221

Me and the wife just saw that one, too! It was just about right in duration, good show but I already got soooo many T-shirts.

I purposely bought tickets on the last row, upper deck... don't like crowds and ESPECIALLY some 60+ year old woman who feels the need stand up in front of me for the entire show gyratin' like she was 20 again thinkin' "the boys" wanna still see "the goods"... sober up, tuck your fat rolls and stretch marks back into your clothes and sit down please, you're pi$$in' me off, lady.

:rolleyes:

IMG_4671.JPG IMG_4673.JPG IMG_4674.JPG IMG_4676.JPG

I saw lonesome George in 1984 or so in Spokane and he played at least twice that long. He is getting old like me I guess. How does the saying go? I am not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Me and the wife just saw that one, too! It was just about right in duration, good show but I already got soooo many T-shirts.

I purposely bought tickets on the last row, upper deck... don't like crowds and ESPECIALLY some 60+ year old woman who feels the need stand up in front of me for the entire show gyratin' like she was 20 again thinkin' "the boys" wanna still see "the goods"... sober up, tuck your fat rolls and stretch marks back into your clothes and sit down please, you're pi$$in' me off, lady.

:rolleyes:

View attachment 393707 View attachment 393708 View attachment 393709 View attachment 393711

What did we ever do before big screens at shows?:D

Well I must say that the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Doobie Brothers and the Eagles last night and we'll add that it is probably the best show that we've ever seen. RIP GLENN FREY.
I saw the Eagles way back in 1979 in Boulder Colorado and was blown away by the sheer presence and pure sound of that awesome band.
I had another chance to see them again a few years ago but due to illness, I could not attend.
They say all the cool bands get better with age and believe it applies to us all.

What a pleasure it was to meet and experience this sensational show with @CoastRange57 and his lovely wife, thanks for the dinner and the companionship.;)

Last Edited:
Well I must say that the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Doobie Brothers and the Eagles last night and we'll add that it is probably the best show that we've ever seen. RIP GLENN FREY.
I saw the Eagles way back in 1979 in Boulder Colorado and was blown away by the sheer presence and pure sound of that awesome band.
I had another chance to see them again a few years ago but due to illness, I could not attend.
They say all the cool bands get better with age and believe it applies to us all.

What a pleasure it was to meet and experience this sensational show with @CoastRange57 and his lovely wife, thanks for the dinner and the companionship.;)

Your are quite welcome, the pleasure was ours We had a great dinner and meeting face to face with @Caveman Jim and his bride before the show and enjoying our conversations on the train there and back. It was great to be able to share this with other music fans. We have a lot of concerts to talk about, and that will not be the last time we get together !!

We can check one off the bucket list, The Eagles show is in the can. Great trip to Seattle, managed to miss out on real horrendous traffic this time. Got to meet up some internet friends and visit with them at the concert. No problems getting in this time, had to take a less than desirable camera but still managed to get some great shots.

This is a version of my review that I am writing for KGON radio, some of it and the pictures may appear on their FB page and website this week, and the full review and pictures will be published on my Black Dog Music page also.

The Doobie Brothers are always a real good show, and change things up enough to keep it varied, but it amounts to the fact that they are a bunch of guys in their 60's who are at the top of their game musically, and continually produce a product that is the best they have ever done. Sound in Safeco Field can be tricky,but the roof was closed and that improved this considerably over the Tom Petty Show last month.

The Doobies opened with " Jesus is Just Alright" as they have ever set we have seen in the last 3 years. They moved through a set list that included the usual favorites, such as Taking it to the Streets with the vocals being shared by bassist Bill Cowan and Pat Simmons. One of the most versatile musicians in the business, John McFee contributed stunning fiddle work on " Black Water", and a IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0019.JPG IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0038.JPG IMG_0046.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0092.JPG IMG_0100.JPG IMG_0134.JPG harmonica solo as well. If that was not enough he teamed with Pat on some acoustical guitar work on the song as well.

On the keyboards this year, is BiIl Paine, one of the founding members of Little Feat, who worked his magic on several pieces, including an instrumental with drummer Paul Tosh.

The Doobie Brothers put on a great show, and closed with the usual " Listen to the Music", as a final number with no encore. As always, a great show, but as soon as the roadies took the stage to change out the set, is was very apparent the night belonged to The Eagles. In a short half hour, the stage was changed and it became real we were in for a treat.

The entire stadium was dark, and 6 people walked on stage, one note was noodled by somebody, I knew what it was going to be and they hit a harmonious vocal stack ,and went right into an acoustical version of 7 Bridges Road.

Keeping the energy going they started the Deacon Frye version of " Take it Easy", as the second song. A noticeably emotional Don Hendley moved off the drum kit several times to stand center stage, and sang several tunes with Deacon Frye. Anybody who had any doubts at all about whether Vince Gill was a good fit for The Eagles, had the doubt crushed, when he took lead vocals on Taking it to the Limit", "Tequila Sunrise", Lyin Eyes, New Kid in Town and Heartache Tonight. For a majority of the songs, The Eagles include a 4 piece horn section with 2 trumpets, a trombone and saxophone. The other side of the stage included a complete 5 piece string section. These additions completely made the evening and were both featured in several songs

Bassist Timothy B Schmidt took lead vocals on " I Can't Tell you Why", and once again showed why his high vocal range added so much to The Eagles harmony stacks.

Deacon Frye returned to center stage for Peaceful Easy Feeling, and while not a clone of his father, and who wants him to be, he proved the Frye musical genes are carrying on, and we can expect good music to come form this talented young man for many years to come.

Late in the set the audience was tortured with Joe Walsh on lead vocals on several of his tunes The Eagles have covered over the years, even complete with some color and video work that was a flashback to the Walk Away video of 1969. The Eagles needed Joe's guitar a hell of a lot more than they needed his voice, and he left it all out on the stage with some amazing slide and mouth synthesizer work. I am pretty sure the techs turn off Joes mike on harmony stacks,but have no choice to let him grate away when he was on lead.

They walked off stage after 20 songs and no sign of " Hotel California" at all. One of trumpet players came out and played a melody and almost passed out, and the entire band launched into " Hotel California". complete video lasers on the roof of Safeco Field. Steuart Smith played his custom EBMM double neck guitar, only one of two in existence. Steuart has added the twang to The Eagles for a number of years. Once again they walked off stage, but the crowd demanded more. They returned and Don Hendley closed the show with " Desperado", noting that himseld and Glenn Frye wrote that tune in 1976 in a house in Laurel Canyon, California. They took their bows, the house lights came on, they stood around and waved for a minute or two, and The Classic Northwest was in the history books.

There will be speculation over the months and years by fans as to what the future of The Eagles will be. The Eagles will not be a band that is able to fill in people on key positions should there be any changes in the positions held by Don Hendley, Timothy B Schmidt and Steuart Smith. I hope they will continue to perform for several years in this current lineup, and as their health and stamina permit. There will be the demand from the fans, we talked to people on the train who had flown in from Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho and Texas to attend the show. Nobody wants them to try and knock out 100 dates a year, although groups like The Doobie Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd are doing that consistently.

The crowd left knowing the got their monies worth at this show, and most saying this was probably the best concert they had ever attended. That is our feeling and we have about 168 concerts on our list since 1976.

What an excellent write-up and we agree that many, including ourselves want more of these music powerhouses while they are able to preform!!!
My bucket list entry for reliving my youthful memories attending many venues throughout the years does not include an actual number so here's to living longer and enjoying the great times ahead.

Again, hoping to have more conversation time for the next time we meet. Sure hope that some of my hearing returns soon...:p

Those who have seen Tom Petty this year are lucky, seems he was found unconscious in his home on Sunday in Malibu California due to cardiac arrest and is currently on life support.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews