JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of the guys from work was going to see Foreigner and Cheap Trick tonight. I told him that the last time I saw Foreigner was in 1981 when they played the Memorial Coleseum and Lou Gramm was the singer.....

Well it's been 38 years since I last saw Foreigner and let me tell you, they brought back that 20 year old kid I used to be!!!
I have no voice & what was left of my hearing has left the building....:eek::eek::eek::p
Nuff said, Caveman TIRED.

VenomPDXsept17.jpg

Loading up The RV Wednesday & heading down to Ridgefeild for the Foreigner/Cheap Trick/Jason Bonham show on Friday night.
:s0022::s0022::s0022::s0022::s0022::s0022::s0056::s0056::s0056::s0056::s0056::s0056::s0091::s0091::s0091::s0091::s0091::s0091::s0094:

Awesome concert!!!

Cheap Trick was... meh. I've come to the conclusion that you either love them or you don't.

Bonham was great!

Foreigner put on an awesome concert!!! Very interactive with the crowd and everyone.

Awesome concert!!!

Cheap Trick was... meh. I've come to the conclusion that you either love them or you don't.

Bonham was great!

Foreigner put on an awesome concert!!! Very interactive with the crowd and everyone.

This was the first time I had ever seen C T and i thoght they did a great show.
20170908_210213.jpg
Yes. Bonham put together some awesome people to get that awesome Zepllin sound.
20170908_185624.jpg

I rate Foreigner with Tom Petty as far as just kickin out the hit songs.
This summer I have crossed off a few items on my bucket list.;) 20170908_224009.jpg
Kelly Hansen was getting high too!!!!!
20170908_223105.jpg

I actually got to mix cheap trick, well, monitors.

I have seen Led Zeppelin. twice.
I saw Black Sabbath.... twice...
I saw Queen at the Paramount in Portland. Still the best show I have ever seen.
Saw Judas Priest there too. Awesome show...Killer to watch a guy ride on stage on a Harley :)

I got to mix front of house for BB King...

Concerts!? Hell, I don't even like going to the movies anymore! People, in general, suck. And the more of them that are gathered in one place, the less I want to be there ;)

I did my fair share of concerts in the past, and yes, live music absolutely blows away recorded music, but I just don't care for dealing with the crowds, the parking and even the high cost of tickets.

Back in the day, I was happy to see acts like Kiss, Guns 'n Roses, Whitesnake, Metallica (3 times), Monsters of Rock at the Kingdome (Metallica, Scorpions, Dokken, Van Halen, Living Color), Van Halen again, Sha Na Na (remember them?), Def Leppard (3 times), Europe (not bad for one-hit wonders), Motley Crue (twice) and some others I'm having trouble remembering.

The older I get the less fun I have at these events. It was great when I was younger and didn't give a shnit, today, I like my peace and quiet. Get off my lawn!!! :p

Just got tickets to see.Bob Seager in November in Seattle. Seen him a few times and it is always a great show.
Thanks
James

Would love to see Bob Seger again (6th time, Florida and Wa.) Going to have to wait till Sat to get tickes though..... Hope there are 4 seats left somewhere decent.
He just has that music that hits home with me, been through the tough times & towns. I need to win the lottery so I can see all the good bands before I kick my empty bucket!!!;)

My memorial will read; Caveman Jim may have been old but he got to see all the cool bands!:cool:

Last Edited:
Well I thought we were done seeing shows for this year but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we just bought tickets for The Eagle's & Doobie Bros at Safeco Field Sept 30th.:cool:
AND (for the wife, she loves all music except rap) Garth Brooks at the Tacoma Dome Nov 4th.o_O I'll go for her.
She had to reschedule Tom Jones (it was to be tonight) till June of 2018 (for her sake I hope he hasn't kicked by then):eek:
AND Bob Seger at the Key Arena on Nov 11th.... :cool:

I seriously think that I am going to wear earplugs to the shows for the rest of my life, call me crazy but loud noises hurt my deaf ears.....:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Well I thought we were done seeing shows for this year but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we just bought tickets for The Eagle's & Doobie Bros at Safeco Field Sept 30th.:cool:

We have had those tickets for a while now. Saw the Eagles in 77 in Portland and The Doobies are my all time favorite band, have seen them about 27 times now. Looking forward to the show, still like the sound better in smaller venure though.

After the cluster f that was getting into the Petty show last month, and then riding the Sounder I was down on the idea, but like you checking off some bucket list concerts. I thought about the Seger show and may do the one in Portland, got George Strait in Vegas in December to go see.

We should try and hook up for a face to face at the Eagles show.

My aversion to crowds has overcome the enjoyment I get out of attending such events. The last large scale concert I attended was someone called Wings at the King Dome about 1976 or so. I had never been any single building filled with 75,000 roaring fans before and the experience was simply too uncomfortable.

I couldn't agree with you more! I love music. But I detest crowds so much that I have no interest going to concerts. It's also not like the old days when you could actually see the stage. Now all you see is a sea of idiots with their phones in the air. It's incredibly annoying.

People spend so much time trying to Facebook the moment, Tweet the moment, Pin the moment, Instagram the moment, capture the moment, that they forget to actually LIVE the moment! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We have had those tickets for a while now. Saw the Eagles in 77 in Portland and The Doobies are my all time favorite band, have seen them about 27 times now. Looking forward to the show, still like the sound better in smaller venure though.

After the cluster f that was getting into the Petty show last month, and then riding the Sounder I was down on the idea, but like you checking off some bucket list concerts. I thought about the Seger show and may do the one in Portland, got George Strait in Vegas in December to go see.

We should try and hook up for a face to face at the Eagles show.

Sounds good to me. ;)
Where abouts did you get on the Sounder? We hate the traffic trying to get out of the parking garages!!!

Last week I was sitting in an OHSU medical recovery room waiting for my adopted Mom to be released after having some skin cancer removed on her face, when a couple of cute young nurses walked out from the surgery center and asked a tall good looking guy who was patiently waiting with his elderly Dad, if they could take some group pictures with him.
He graciously stood up, gave each one a hug while they took turns taking pics with their smart phones, and as soon as they were done another couple of nurses rushed over and the picture taking started all over again.
Hid Dad was grumbling that no cute nurses ever wanted to take his picture or get his autograph.
I knew that the guy was somebody, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out who he was.
After they left, I asked one of the nurses and come to find out that it was Tommy Thayer (The Spaceman) the lead guitarist for the band Kiss.
He grew up in Beaverton and his Dad is a retired Army Brigadier General living in Lake Oswego.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top