JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have decided to live it up while we can because we're not getting any younger and neither are the performers that helped define our lives.
I will remember the last time the eagles came to the Key Arena, i think 2014 and I decided not to go (was having inner ear problems) and then last year Glen Frye passed & I missed seeing the intact Rockers for the last time.
WELL this year we decided to go for the gusto and get some dates set up so here is who we are going to see.
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo 8-18 Little Creek in Shelton
Tom Petty 8-9 Safeco Field Seattle
Joan Jett 8-30 Evergreen fair Monroe
Foreigner/Cheap Trick/Jason Bonham
9-8 Richfield
Eagles/Doobie Bros 9-30 Safeco Seattle
Just for the wife, Tom Jones 9-23 Paramount theater in Seattle.

I may decide to sneak in a few more during the week because I can, I'm retired!!!;)

Last Edited:
Dang brother that's Awesome. This is the first summer in a long time that we haven't planned a concert :(

Don't be sad I picked up your slack & I'll even tell you how they were.... Just because I am kind....:D
There is still time & some good shows to be seen... Like George Thorogood in Lewiston Idaho.... Man I'd love to have a road trip with some Pals for that one...:D

Agreed. I have always been a concert junkie and have over 157 on my spreadsheet, plus a few more I was too wasted to remember until somebody reminds me.

The Doobie Brothers are my top one at 22 times, Skynyrd at 18 and some others. My wife and mine second date was a Doobie Brothers show in 1989 in Portland in the Michael McDonald, we need 20 people on stage days.

We did Mark Chesnutt at the Yamhill County Fair this year, and did the Randy Travis Tribute concert in February in Nashville where I checked off about 20 artists we had not seen before. We have Tom Petty at Safeco Saturday night, The Eagles and Doobie Brothers at Safeco on September 30 and George Strait on December 9th in Las Vegas. Plus anything that sounds good that comes up anytime soon. I spend the money on good seats since there is no sense going if we have to sit in the nosebleed seats.

With my favorite artists aging the reality is that the tours will be fewer and far between. I really have to hand it to Petty, The Doobies and Skynyrd for touring the way they do in their mid and late 60's. They are really at the top of their musical game. I love listening to their documentary videos, I learn a lot from them and just wonder what it would be like to play music and get paid huge jack for it.

Years ago in the traditional country music revival of the early 90's, I would have loved to been Alan Jackson's bass player, a fantasy job for sure. I have got to meet a lot of these artists over the years and have enjoyed that.

Rock on !!

Agreed. I have always been a concert junkie and have over 157 on my spreadsheet, plus a few more I was too wasted to remember until somebody reminds me.

The Doobie Brothers are my top one at 22 times, Skynyrd at 18 and some others. My wife and mine second date was a Doobie Brothers show in 1989 in Portland in the Michael McDonald, we need 20 people on stage days.

We did Mark Chesnutt at the Yamhill County Fair this year, and did the Randy Travis Tribute concert in February in Nashville where I checked off about 20 artists we had not seen before. We have Tom Petty at Safeco Saturday night, The Eagles and Doobie Brothers at Safeco on September 30 and George Strait on December 9th in Las Vegas. Plus anything that sounds good that comes up anytime soon. I spend the money on good seats since there is no sense going if we have to sit in the nosebleed seats.

With my favorite artists aging the reality is that the tours will be fewer and far between. I really have to hand it to Petty, The Doobies and Skynyrd for touring the way they do in their mid and late 60's. They are really at the top of their musical game. I love listening to their documentary videos, I learn a lot from them and just wonder what it would be like to play music and get paid huge jack for it.

Years ago in the traditional country music revival of the early 90's, I would have loved to been Alan Jackson's bass player, a fantasy job for sure. I have got to meet a lot of these artists over the years and have enjoyed that.

Rock on !!

We are a lot alike but I have never played a musical instrument but I LOVE some good ole Southern ROCK n Roll. I have forgotten many concerts I attended just like you, too wasted but I would venture to say probably 50+!!! Man weren't the 70's 80's and 90's just a blast???:p:p:p

Thinking about procuring tickets for my son and I to see A Perfect Circle in December. Maynard James Keenan is a gun guy, and my favorite front man. I missed Tool last time they were here, and I just heard they are working on a new album(about effing time!) so It might be a while before they come around again.

I might end up going to Aaron Lewis in November also. I saw him last year and he puts on a bad bubblegum show but he plays at a venue in Spokane called the knitting factory which is all general admission. Getting too old to be packed like sardines with 1500 other people. It stresses me out.

Rumor has it Judas Priest is booking a tour. 5 truck tour so it is too big for the venue I work at (Roseland Theater), but they are trying to fit it in LOL.

I am in the business, so seeing bands, well, has lost it's magic for me.
One band that I recommend highly, if you get a chance is Alice in Chains. Great rock and Roll show.

I might end up going to Aaron Lewis in November also. I saw him last year and he puts on a bad bubblegum show but he plays at a venue in Spokane called the knitting factory which is all general admission. Getting too old to be packed like sardines with 1500 other people. It stresses me out.

Same here, I have to pull out my hearing aid and the crowd roar before the music starts matches my tinnitus....:eek::eek::eek:

My aversion to crowds has overcome the enjoyment I get out of attending such events. The last large scale concert I attended was someone called Wings at the King Dome about 1976 or so. I had never been any single building filled with 75,000 roaring fans before and the experience was simply too uncomfortable.

Last Edited:
My aversion to crowds has overcome the enjoyment I get out of attending such events. The last large scale concert I attended was someone called Wings at the King Dome about 1976 or so. I had never been any single building filled with 75,000 roaring fans before and the experience was simply too uncomfortable.

I can surely understand where you're coming from, I have a bilateral hearing impairment accompanied with major tinnitus 24/7. There have been many times where I have cancelled going to functions such as concerts even out to eat in restaurants.At gatherings I do not fare well because my hearing is so bad that I get uncomfortable and just want to leave & go back to my cave....:(

I'm on the fence about seeing Mark Lanegan in Portland on the 25th. I've seen him 7 or 8 times over the past 20 years. Every tour goes a totally different direction and I've never seen a bad one. It's a 16 hour trip though.
Looks like Rev Horton Heat and Fishbone will be here in Boise next month. Might check that one out. RHH is always a good show.

I can surely understand where you're coming from, I have a bilateral hearing impairment accompanied with major tinnitus 24/7. There have been many times where I have cancelled going to functions such as concerts even out to eat in restaurants.At gatherings I do not fare well because my hearing is so bad that I get uncomfortable and just want to leave & go back to my cave....:(

I have tinnitus too and I just bought a new set of high fidelity ear plugs that musicians wear.
I'm hoping they work as I want them too. The alternative is to forego any future concerts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top