JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That's right...it's the US Postal Service.

If you or I lost $6.5 Billion for our company, we would be fired on the spot and NEVER work again. This is so endemic of the problem when people spend money that isn't theirs. Nobody cares. So the problem goes on year after year.

Why is the government in the postal business? It may have needed to be a couple hundred years ago but it sure doesn't need to be now. If Fedex and UPS can be profitable, why can't the USPS?

Pencil me in in 2024 and I will fix this nonsense...along with daylight saving time...and I have a hell of a plan to solve the immigration problem. :cool:

WASHINGTON, Nov 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. Postal Service on Tuesday reported a $6.5 billion net loss for the 12 months ending Sept. 30 and said it will not breakeven next year as first-class mail fell to the lowest volume since 1968.

The Postal Service said revenue fell 0.4% to $78.2 billion results. U.S. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy said the loss includes $2.6 billion in inflation costs "above what we projected and what we were able to recover... We are not happy with this result."

And the worst thing is.. you can't really stop the junk mail :mad:

Edit. I'd be OK with losing US postal Service if it means no more junk mail :rolleyes: but it'd also mean that DHL, FedEx, UPS would be the only game in town and they'd raise prices so much that it's just not worth using them for anything lighter than 1 pound :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top