JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Which one would it be? For me, there a 2 that come to mind. The first was an H&K P9S in .45acp. It has been without a doubt the single most accurate handgun I've ever owned. I posted in another thread that I could hit the metal "Bong" target on the rifle range and this thing only had iron sights.
The second was a collectable, a Walther P-38 AC40 whith a commercial blued finish and matching holster. It rated at 98 to 99%. Someone offered me an obscene amount of money for the time, and I gave in.

What gun from your past would you like to have back?

A Harold Plank made 50cal Hawkin/Plains style muzzle loader with a Louie Pool trigger and a small Siler precussion lock And a 7/8" Green Mountain round ball barrel 1-20"twist. It had beautiful Walnut and fit the hand perfectly with Iron furniture with a deep plum brown finish.

Sadly it had to be sold to help pay a bill.

The only other handgun I have sold that I can think I would want back was a Llama .380 miniture 1911 style. Both sold more then 20 years ago.

Up date: The reason I only have two regrets is I think I have only ever sold or traded away 5) handguns (that weren't bought specifically to barter during my Blackpowder rendevous trader period) And the 3 others were either very inaccurate or nothing I wanted anything to do with (tec-9 POS)

The others I all still own and currently own nothing I would sell.

1970's S&W Model 15 (most accurate revolver I have ever owned, out of the box)
Early S&W Model 27
Early S&W Model 57
1960's Colt National Match
Swedish Browning 1907 Husqvarna with original issue Swedish holster and belt, converted to 380 ACP.
Open Bolt MAC 11 in .380

Like creeper said, pick one,
A 4" S&W model 48-22mag
3 1/2" S&W 27
satin nickel Colt Combat Commander
Bone stock series 70 Colt gov. model
Bone stock series 70 Colt Gold Cup NM
An early Browning Challenger 22
A flat gate Ruger Single Six
I could go on & on......but it hurts too much!

My old Sig P226. At the time I wanted something else more, but I regretted selling it since the day I got rid of it. I just really enjoyed carrying and shooting it. I need to get another one.

hker71

*Yay! I got another Sig P226!! Now I have no regrets!*

Creeper - You make me add 1 more to the list. I too had in 80's had a P7. I loved the lines of the botton release mag, and yours was one better - nickel. Now that was one beautiful pistola.

Mark W. - I've never heard a better detailed description of a weapon, and I agree about the tec-9.

metrotps - "1970's S&W Model 15 (most accurate revolver I have ever owned, out of the box)" My Dad owns one and it has the best trigger of any Smith I've owned.

2gr8dgs - I pick the A 4" S&W model 48-22mag. Love the catridge and the gun.

hker71 - I just bought (this past Friday) a P226R Texas edition. Just ordered and already received from Greg Cote LLC, 2 Mec-Gar mags. The gun came with 2 15 round checkmates and the Mec's are 18 rd flush finish.

...and Blackcobra - that is the saddest of all of our stories - your best girl was taken from you. I'll bet your little brother got an ear full.

Thanks guys, I'm new to the forum and I appreciate your responses.

my HK P30. I never owned a firearm that fit my hand so perfectly. It was very accurate and a fine shooter. now, why I regret selling it, the money I made from it went into my Dan Wesson Valor which is one of the finest firearms I know I will ever own.

I will say yes. When I decided on the Dan wesson I was at Keiths and got to fondle all the 1911s he had which included a SA TRP, 2 Ed Browns, 3 Wilsons and 2 Nighthawk. he also had a colt but it was a special edition. and as far as feel, fit and finish, the Valor is every bit as good. Now as far as shooting, I cant comment on any of the others but the Valor shoots Waaaaaaay better then I can and has, sofar eaten everything I fed it with 0 hickups.

I would guess the loss of your p30 is a bit easier to manage. I sort of want to hunt down a Valor, just to put it my hand. There is nothing quite a sweet as a perfect 1911.

oh yeah, id do it again in a heatbeat. I still love to get another P30 though, someday maybe. as far as a Valor, they been hard to come by since the fire.

All of them. I had a Berretta m92fs that I sold because one day when my hands were REALLY cold I found it difficult to move the safety lever up with my thumb. It was a great shooter on a warm day. I had a 1991a1 that was a continuous malfunction, and I wish I would have kept it to tinker with. I traded that in part for a shotgun that I barely use, no bird dogs for me anymore. A S&W Highway patrolman I traded for something, can't remember, would be fun to go shoot, it made a hella lotta noise.

Sig P229-the best pistol of the twelve I have owned.

and

Kimber Crimson Trace Ultra Carry II--Damn thing jammed every mag. I was told put 1000 rounds and then evaluate. I wasn't comfortable carrying a gun that jammed all the time so I sold it only to learn that the issue may have been my limp wrist.

This was the only 45 that I have shot.

Interesting question. Thanks

I own a 96FS that I've almost sold several times. I still own it, but there were a few close calls. It's not super comfortable to carry, and I own too many .40's, but when I shoot it, it stops the impulse to sell it.

It's been a fun post, thanks all!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads