JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just because I have three of them doesn't mean that I should sell one. I sold a Tanfoglio TA90 case hardened finish just because I had two other TA90s, one blue and one in their "Wonder" finish. I just figured that the case hardened would not get shot often, but I should have thought about using it as a parts gun or spare if it came down to it. The FFL holder did not follow the contract and I ended up losing money from my original cost in 1993, it was 99%+ condition, and he threw in my new in package magazine that I had marked at $25, also in the contract if the buyer wanted another magazine. To top it off, the contract had expired a week earlier and I called to let him know that I was coming by to pick it up. That is when he told me that he had just sold it - for less than the lowest (call me) price on the contract. Not a good experience.

It was a beautiful gun and when the FFL went to clean it, he said it looked new. I did clean it up before taking it to him.

I was going to use the money to buy an EAA Steel Compact (which I did), but did not really need the money. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!!!

I haven't sold another gun since.

None. All decisions were made to suit the need at the time.

Having a gun collection as an asset kept me from going homeless on at least one occasion.
I can understand that. I don't save money well, but I usually have something of value that can be liquidated, guns first and foremost. Most of the time it's been to fund some other "hobby". I don't think any gun I sold when I needed something as important as rent is a regret. It's a couple of the ones that I didn't actually need to sell that bother me.

I can understand that. I don't save money well, but I usually have something of value that can be liquidated, guns first and foremost. Most of the time it's been to fund some other "hobby". I don't think any gun I sold when I needed something as important as rent is a regret. It's a couple of the ones that I didn't actually need to sell that bother me.
My situation had nothing to do with not having savings. I did everything right, according to the 'experts'. I was still left unemployed for just over 2 years. Savings disappeared quickly, then it was gloves off to anything of value.

6.5" Ruger Bisley Single Six in 32 H&R Mag, like this one. Sold it for extra cash just before we moved up here. It's not the selling I regret as much as the never having had a chance to shoot it much before I sold it

Ruger32HR.jpg

Smith 1006. Beast. Smooth shooter. The one I had looked like new. Made me want a speedboat. And a Ferrari. :D

Once upon a time I had a Colt Combat Elite that I picked up for 500. Ended up parting with it a few months later because the deal made me smile, but I still wish I had kept it around.

A brand new in box Coonan that I bought from a member.
I really wanted to shoot it, but didn't want to lose any value in case I decided to sell or trade it someday, which I eventually did.

I bought a Ruger SRM (Super Blackhawk in 357 Maximum) with a 10.5 new in the box, probably about late 1990. Even then they were thought to be a collectable. I shot it the first weekend I had it. 😁

Some may laugh, but I wish I wouldn't have sold my Browning BDA .380. It had the walnut grips and fit perfectly in my hands. That was over 40 years ago and we needed cash, so that was one of the things we could live without.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews