JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is going to sound lame, but I regret selling my gen 4 glock 17, both times. They just didn't shoot as accurate as my gen 3 19. I chalked it up to the 17 being a larger pistol it wasn't a huge accuracy issue but I noticed it and it bugged me enough to sell. However, I was talking to another member a while back and he said that maybe I just didn't shoot them enough to smooth the trigger out, both were either new or like new when I picked them up.

If I listed all of mine, I'd break down and cry...:(.

Of the 2 top ones, I wish I still had:

Colt .45acp Enhanced Gold Cup, 2-tone with ALL the "goodies"...A very pretty pistol that was a good shooter.
7.5" Stainless .44 magnum Ruger Redhawk...That one was a tack-driver at 100 yards.

Two for me, years ago when I was new to handguns and didn't know any better: The first a 1918 vintage Colt 1911 and the second a Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless in .380. Of the many, the only two I regret.

Pick one...

Cased P9S .45 Match
KC date code nickel P7M8
Sig P210-5 .30 Luger
Walther P88 9X21
1937 Colt 1911 National Match
1899 Bisley .450 Eley

:s0058:
Warning! This thread is one of the oldest I've seen resurrected, but it popped up when I was going to start a new one, so here we are. The 1937 National Match got the wheels turning.

There have been a couple of times I've commented in other threads that I wish I'd not sold my S&W 686+. I sold it because I'd purchased a CBOB in 10mm. Recently I bought a 686, but would still like to have my ol "+" back. I didn't think it was all that special until I started looking for a replacement. My first one is the gun in the pic
. 686+ cylinder.JPG
This is going to sound lame, but I regret selling my gen 4 glock 17, both times.
I was going through some of my pictures and came across a folder with a 1911 I've owned twice, but no longer own. As I'm looking at the pics I keep questioning my sanity. I remember that I thought it had more value to me in $$ than just by sitting in my safe and I sold it, Boy, that was dumb.
I've owned a bunch of other collectable handguns that I sold and don't miss. One was a 1962 National Match (my birth year) that would have been NIB, if it had the box.
But this old Colt is the one I should never have let loose of. Made in 1951 and worked over by a couple of guys that had a clue. It rattled, but it was the most accurate 1911 I've ever owned.

P1010010.JPG

My 1955 dated Smith and Wesson "Highway Patrolman" with a 4 inch barrel.
It was in excellent shape...and I shot it very well.
However...times were tight...and I needed a house payment.

Would love to get it back...or at least a 28-2 ....
Andy

I would probably choose the Grizzly MARK V 50AE... Just because it was unique, and had an interesting story attached. I purchased it new, from a Candy Store that was up in @Andy54Hawken 's neck of the woods. It was passed on to a relative.

ui_grizzly.jpeg
NOT MY MARK V...Photo sourced from the internet...

Every Webley and Enfield top-break I've ever owned. I'll get a bug in the bonnet for one, acquire, lose interest and sell it during a purge and ... rinse and repeat. It is out of my system now. But then I see offerings like this on Gunbroker:

1703551731786.png
:p

Two for me, years ago when I was new to handguns and didn't know any better: The first a 1918 vintage Colt 1911 and the second a Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless in .380. Of the many, the only two I regret.
Ten and a half years later and still the only two that I regret selling.

There's several I should have never let go of:

- Mid 80's Browning Hi-Power - polished blue
- Mid 80's S&W K-22 - target hammer, trigger and grips - typical Smith polished blue
- Early 80's S&W Highway Patrolman, had an action job, such a smooth action on that one
- Mid 80's Nickel Beretta 84FS - pretty gun, smooth action - this one has been replaced with a more recent example, miss that polished nickel finish

Which one would it be? For me, there a 2 that come to mind. The first was an H&K P9S in .45acp. It has been without a doubt the single most accurate handgun I've ever owned. I posted in another thread that I could hit the metal "Bong" target on the rifle range and this thing only had iron sights.
The second was a collectable, a Walther P-38 AC40 whith a commercial blued finish and matching holster. It rated at 98 to 99%. Someone offered me an obscene amount of money for the time, and I gave in.

What gun from your past would you like to have back?
I've got an HK P9s 45 that I've never shot. Minty in box and never got around to taking it out of the safe and seeing how it handles.

Probably my Sig P227. They no longer make them, and mine was reliable as the day is long. But I just couldn't shoot it well so I traded it for a Glock 21 and a bunch of mags. Would be nice to have that particular P227 back, not just "a" P227. Wouldn't be the same...

I also sold a Glock 45 that I bought the day they were released to the public and it was a real sweetheart to shoot. But I sold it because I shot my G19 and G34 a whole lot more. I have a replacement G45 which I've owned for a couple years now and still haven't shot. Probably won't, either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top