JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...annnnnnnnd... the AFTER, about an hour later!
IMG_8382.JPG
What a difference some trim can make... ;)

Last Edited:
Thank you Jason and Donna, but I'm making the best of it that I can. I've got a support network here that is helping me out.

But don't be expecting any BBQ pics any time soon. I ahve not fired up the grill since the night before the operation, over 11 weeks ago. I was just able to make a pot of French-pressed coffee starting this past week. It'll take time...
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! SOMEBODY THROW SOME ANIMAL FLESH ON A FIRE AND WOOD AND GET THIS MAN SOMETHING TO EAT STAT!!! THIS IS INHUMANE TREATMENT! IS THERE NOBODY IN THE AREA?

It's good to know you have a good support network. Seriously, if there is something you need, do not hesitate to reach out.

On a side note, we BBQ'd London broils (top round flat roasts), with baked potatoes, salad, and toasted garlic bread. Washed it down with that blue ribboned beauty called Pabst.

Dude your back, hope your doing well...
Thanks! Full story right here!

Good night, all. Thanks for all the DMs, concern, good thoughts, well wishes, prayers, and fun conversation in this thread tonight. Y'all have really made my day!
Will check back in a few weeks, after the next go-round with the docs, if I have anything new to share.
Keep practicing, and stay frosty!
:s0162:

Last Edited:
Good to hear from you sobo. We're pulling for you!

I took a friend to a pain management session Thursday. They applied a big ground field to his buttocks, stuck hollow needles in his spine, then ran electrodes through the needles and ran radio frequency current through the nerves to deaden them. They deadened the area first, and he was able to walk to the car with a walker, but he was ready for the suggested ice pack and large dose of pain meds when we got home a half hour later.

I'm finding that as I age, I am spending more and more time helping others in dealing with the fallout of health issues. :(

Yowza. My orthopedic surgeon knew that I had CRPS two days after my surgery (a plate put on my clavicle) at the first post op visit and finding out about the pain/numbness/swelling.
This was all non-insured, out of pocket.
I went through all the proscribed rigamarole for a couple years. The only thing that helped was sheer grit putting myself through rigorous, at home, physical therapy designed to increase movement/range of motion of my whole upper right body - gun hand and shoulder. I didn't use pain medications much at all, including gabapentin etc. They did and tried everything to/on me.
Anyway, I somehow got back the use of my body and have very little pain now. It was the worst thing I've ever gone through and would NOT wish it upon my worst enemy.
You CAN get through it through hard work and determination. A lot of people give up and commit suicide because of it but remember, pain is temporary and the world would suck more without you in it.
If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Last thing tonight, before I take my next round of drugs and hit the rack...

My last haircut and shave was on November 2nd, the night before The Election.
Ever wonder what a sobo looks like that hasn't had a haircut/trim in 16+ weeks...???
Behold the "before", from last night...
View attachment 834367
I went full hippie mode at the start of covid. Always had military type haircuts most all my life.
But anyway, just wanted to stress that doing physical therapy, hard, early and often was key for me and many so embrace the pain.. don't just try to mask it. If you don't, you're likely assured of permanent deformation and possible amputation(s).. it can migrate to other parts of the body apparently in some cases.

Glad you're back in the saddle, @sobo... or at least getting there.

Wishing you a speedy recovery (from here) and utmost success at your rehab and PT.

I'm only about 30-40 min away and would be happy to help with anything l can. I don't like to be clingy, so drop me a PM if you want my phone number or need anything (besides ammo... can't help with that one).

Best,
Jonny Y

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews