JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Awwwwwwww, you's guys are so sweet an' all. I'm touched... :s0116:

Truth be told I was crashing on a work deadline the week before Christmas (really got down an' dirty on it late in the week, about a week before Christmas), and finally got 'er dun late on the 22nd. Then blew outta town on the 23rd and threaded the needle between snowstorms over Snoqualmie Pass on my way over to Poulsbo to be with the young'uns for Christmas. Then threaded the needle between snowstorms again coming back over Snoqualmie Pass on the 29th on my way back to Maison Sobo. Then had to shovel out my damned driveway when I finally got home Wednesday night! Then it snowed again on Thursday and had to do it allover again! :mad: It ain't no fun and it certainly isn't very efficient shoveling snow with one arm and leaning on a cane with the other arm, and my driveway is on about a 30% grade, too! So it took a little while to clear it all off, to be sure...

So yeah, I've been busy and away for a while. Gonna be hittin' it hard again come Monday, so don't be looking for a whole lotta snark and sarcasm out of me any time soon, folks. Sorry, but them's the breaks, and I gotta do sump'n to keep the lights on around here... :)

Last Edited:
Screenshot_20220102-015430_Opera.jpg

I found this on the internet. The internet must think you're sweet too...

You must know some powerful people, or have some good drugs.

-Robert

Awwwwwwww, you's guys are so sweet an' all. I'm touched... :s0116:

Truth be told I was crashing on a work deadline the week before Christmas (really got down an' dirty on it late in the week, about a week before Christmas), and finally got 'er dun late on the 22nd. Then blew outta town on the 23rd and threaded the needle between snowstorms over Snoqualmie Pass on my way over to Poulsbo to be with the young'uns for Christmas. Then threaded the needle between snowstorms again coming back over Snoqualmie Pass on the 29th on my way back to Maison Sobo. Then had to shovel out my damned driveway when I finally got home Wednesday night! Then it snowed again on Thursday and had to do it allover again! :mad: It ain't no fun and it certainly isn't very efficient shoveling snow with one arm and leaning on a cane with the other arm, and my driveway is on about a 30% grade, too! So it took a little while to clear it all off, to be sure...

So yeah, I've been busy and away for a while. Gonna be hittin' it hard again come Monday, so don't be looking for a whole lotta snark and sarcasm out of me any time soon, folks. Sorry, but them's the breaks, and I gotta do sump'n to keep the lights on around here... :)
Maybe we could all chip in a few dollars to help Sobo:

Last Edited:
You may think that's funny, but I'm here to tell ya that a weedburning kit doesn't work worth a sh!t on snow and ice in my driveway... FACT!!!
I have seen a few using those large torches to kill weeds. Watching them do it looked to me like it was so much work it had to be for those with way too much time on their hands to me. I had seen ads for the things claiming they not only were great for weeds but for deicing your walk way and stuff. I was again thinking this has got to be for those who have all day to kill and nothing to do. Seemed like it would take forever and just make a mess as the ice melted and then froze again. Roundup and Icemelt for me. I am both too lazy and have far too many better things to do :D

I have seen a few using those large torches to kill weeds. Watching them do it looked to me like it was so much work it had to be for those with way too much time on their hands to me. I had seen ads for the things claiming they not only were great for weeds but for deicing your walk way and stuff. I was again thinking this has got to be for those who have all day to kill and nothing to do. Seemed like it would take forever and just make a mess as the ice melted and then froze again. Roundup and Icemelt for me. I am both too lazy and have far too many better things to do :D
My weeds drank Roundup like it was happy hour. My propane-fired weedburner works hella wonders on 'em, though. But no joy on ice/snow.

And I ruined my driveway using "safe for concrete" icemelt. Phuq'd up a nice $5,000 driveway renovation that was only 5 years old... :mad::mad::mad:

Last Edited:
My weeds drank Roundup like it was happy hour. My propane-fired weedburner works hella wonders on 'em, though. But no joy on ice/snow.

And I ruined my driveway using "safe for concrete" icemelt. Phuq'd up a nice $5,000 driveway renovation that was only 5 years old... :mad::mad::mad:
Man that sucks about the driveway.

As I have 4WD and AWD, I almost never shovel the drive anymore. Putting that DGAF to good use. :)

Man that sucks about the driveway.

As I have 4WD and AWD, I almost never shovel the drive anymore. Putting that DGAF to good use. :)
I'm CDO, so I have to shovel my driveway, even as crippled-up as I am right now.

It's actually OCD, but if ya got it, it might as well be alphabetical :rolleyes:

Some of y'all may remember when this happened last March...

Disabled parking pass.JPG

Well, it expires this month, so I filed the paperwork with my PCP to get another temporary tag.
I got the call from my doc's staff today to come pick up the signed paperwork and the doc's authorization.
I pick it up, drive straight to the drive-thru DMV, and pull up to the window...

I hand the paperwork over to the gal at the window, and she looks it up and exclaims in a cheery voice, "Looks like you're getting an upgrade!"
Sobo asks, "Upgrade? Whaddaya mean?"
Her: "You're getting a blue placard!"

Disabled parking placard.JPG

Now, this is quite disconcerting to me. For those that know the difference between the two colors of tags, you will understand.
For those of you that don't know, a red tag is a temporary tag, good for only one year.
A blue tag is essentially a permanent tag, and are renewed every 5 years.This is not a good sign to me...

I asked for the paperwork back to see it, and there in the box marked "Reason Patient Requires Placard" box, my doc had typed, "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome of lower left extremity." For those that are familiar with CRPS, that was my chief worry last year when this whole business started.
I need to call my doc tomorrow and ask him if he did that just for the convenience of getting a longer-term placard, or if that's the real deal and I'm not going to ever totally heal. It was a shock to read that, to be sure...

To be continued...

Last Edited:

View attachment 1157011

Well, it expires this month, so I filed the paperwork with my PCP to get another temporary tag.
I got the call from my doc's staff today to come pick up the signed paperwork and the doc's authorization.
I pick it up, drive straight to the drive-thru DMV, and pull up to the window...

I hand the paperwork over to the gal at the window, and she looks it up and exclaims in a cheery voice, "Looks like you're getting an upgrade!"

View attachment 1157012

Now, this is quite disconcerting to me. For those that know the difference between the two colors of tags, you will understand.
For those of you that don't know, a red tag is a temporary tag, good for only one year.
A blue tag is essentially a permanent tag, and are renewed every 5 years.This is not a good sign to me...

I asked for the paperwork back to see it, and there in the box marked "Reason Patient Requires Placard" box, my doc had typed, "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome of lower left extremity." For those that are familiar with CRPS, that was my chief worry last year when this whole business started.
I need to call my doc tomorrow and ask him if he did that just for the convenience of getting a longer-term placard, or if that's the real deal and I'm not going to ever totally heal. It was a shock to read that, to be sure...

To be continued...

It's time to break that foot off in his azz.

View attachment 1157011

View attachment 1157012

To be continued...
Last year when I had my yearly with he doc to re-up my (well controlled) BP meds I had decided I WANTED the old man card. He gave me the blue card. I never related to the two colors. It's not a necessity for me but I do have a bum knee. I don't use it if I can get a reasonably close spot, or take the last parking place in the bank. I'm happy to have that option though. I only have a certain amount of continuous walking time with out pain. My card does not get used just because I can. I need and appreciate the privilege and don't abuse it. I appreciate getting the exercise of walking too. If you have pain walking you deserve to use it too.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top