JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are a few years behind them, fortunately. But we are headed on the exact same path. It may take another 50 years, but England is where the left is pushing us, and they never stop pushing and nibbling at our rights.
Agreed. But England also isn't America and Americans aren't as agreeable to government control. We have the Bill of Rights, and many are willing to die to protect it.

How is the same thing happening? Shotguns aren't illegal nor are most of them even on the radar. Americans are still allowed to protect themselves and their loved ones. ESPECIALLY in their home. I did read the whole post, and although I can sympathize with the situation I don't find many similarities between it and here.
Your simply not scared enough! Bump that fear mongering level up! The red coats are coming! Prepare for the end! Actually just give me all your guns. Then you will have nothing to stress over. I mean except for being unable to protect yourself and others. But we are headed that way anyway. I'm offering you a head start out of the kindness of my heart. I'll even cover the transfer fees.

I'm sure that forty years ago lot of gun-owners in England, Scotland and Australia thought the same as some of you do now. "It can never happen here."

Paranoia.

All-righty then.

Some of us have been around long enough to see what evolved in those countries, as well as several European (such as my family's home country, Finland) and EU countries, that formerly had centuries old traditions of lawful gun-ownership.

This, coupled with the new tradition of turning criminals into martyrs (George Floyd, anyone? Michael Brown?) SHOULD alarm all of you.

Was the piece in the OP a little over-the-top hyperbole? Yeah. But... for those that are only in their twenties or thirties, and haven't been around to see the creeping incrementalism occurring over the years, you accept things the way they are. Kinda like the frog in the pot of water put on the stovetop.

I lived in California for eleven years of my adult life --- I lived what's happening there, and I can't believe those of you in Oregon and Washington -- two states that ONCE had superb gun laws (or lack of gun laws) don't take this stuff seriously
It's funny you mention the 20/30 somethings. I used to get more worked up about such things when I was younger. Not so much nowadays. Probably a bit of that life experience stuff we're talking about made me numb to doomsayers.
Also, I don't think this country has long enough left on the clock to worry about a dozen or more incremental legislative assaults on gun rights.
The streets are bound to be lit by the flames of societal implosion well before we become another former colonial power sent to the nursing home.

220px-Feelings_by_Morris_Albert_French_vinyl_artwork.jpg

Same. WAKE UP…… it's meaningless banter generally said by meaningless people.
Means "Listen to me" as if the woke "awakened" is more awake than the rest of us. This is the guy that, in tense wartime situations, just can't stand it anymore and runs headlong into enemy fire.

Going out in a blaze of gunfire, certainly. A blaze of glory? Not so much.

And, as salmon creek gary said, somewhere in there is the exclusive (i.e. you must be human and with money) offer that will save your life!!!

Hell no we aren't. Those that say we are have already given up IMO.
Since most gun owners have, in fact, already given up, I'd disagree.

We could have easily beaten I-594 and I-1639... despite the King County deceased and convicted felon voters... yet in our Eastern, rural, majority gun-owning counties, only an average of 13% of the eligible registered voters bothered to take 5 minutes to fill out their ballots and another few to drop 'em in a drop box or mailbox.

And you think gun-owners will counter new gun control laws -- which WILL be forthcoming -- with armed resistance?

Since most gun owners have, in fact, already given up, I'd disagree.

We could have easily beaten I-594 and I-1639... despite the King County deceased and convicted felon voters... yet in our Eastern, rural, majority gun-owning counties, only an average of 13% of the eligible registered voters bothered to take 5 minutes to fill out their ballots and another few to drop 'em in a drop box or mailbox.

And you think gun-owners will counter new gun control laws -- which WILL be forthcoming -- with armed resistance?
Yes. Some WILL.

Just saw this one:
But England also isn't America and Americans aren't as agreeable to government control. We have the Bill of Rights, and many are willing to die to protect it.
Say what? We're not as agreeable to government control? Then why has there not been massive, widespread resistance to having to wear masks in public, not allowing our children to go to school, not being able to eat in restaurants, attend sporting events and concerts, lining up for hours by the thousands to receive vaccinations of questionable efficacy and unproven potential side-affects?

We're just all sitting around waiting for our stimulus "subsistence" checks from the treasury. (for those of you who qualify). Makes it all good. Cash for our legal weed (keeps us pacified) while we watch our new big-screen bought with the last stimulus check, and we can have our munchies delivered -- what a great country!

Newsflash: the Bill of Rights has already pretty much been negated. 4th Amendment? Gone. We willingly surrendered our 4th Amendment rights when we overpaid for our new I-Phones and Androids and allowed all the cameras on every building corner, stoplight and highway overpass.

1st Amendment? Gone. The right of those who disagree with our rulers to voice their disagreement is gone, gone, gone, aided by a willing "free press.

8th Amendment? Two words: Ashli Babbitt. But Chauvin gets convicted, and the Capitol cop that murdered her gets a pass. Hmm.

2nd Amendment? So just what do WE (I use the collective) consider "infringement?"

Death by a thousand cuts. It doesn't hurt when it happens over a period of years.

Last Edited:
If you do not see that the United States is headed in the same direction as the UK when it comes to firearm and self-defense laws,
then you have your head where the sun don't shine.

If you do not see that the United States is headed in the same direction as the UK when it comes to firearm and self-defense laws,
then you have your head where the sun don't shine.
I've been told that before, the placement of my head in my most private orifice. I've also been told worse, so there's that.

So, what I hear you saying is, he should have killed the 1st burglar before he was able to get outside, kill the 2nd, and then bury them under the crawl space of his house.

I get that Americas different but I dont think its a stretch to say that EU self defense laws are not the blueprint for where we are heading.

1. Where I grew up, you had deadbolts INSIDE and OUTSIDE your door. A serial rapist cruised our neighborhood for a few months. Tried to get into our house, the double deadbolts stopped him. He raped two women in a house down the block that night. A few weeks later, a homeowner confronted him outside, trying to break into the guys house. Perp pulled a gun, homeowner ventilated him with 00' buck. The guy *still* made it over the fence, where he collapsed and died. They tied him to numerous offenses through hair and fluids.
    None of this ever made the papers, it was well reported in the neighborhood watch association, tho'.
Sadly that is the kind of story the media is NOT interested in. Glad to hear one less scum is out there.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top