JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't read past, "....lurches out the front door...." Guy should have shot twice. Dead men can't speak to their defense. You can lease wood chippers.
  1. This happened to a neighbor when I was a kid. Guy comes downstairs with a 38, responding to the noise. Sees perp in his living room, shoots him. Perp jumps through the front window and collapses on the lawn. Homeowner calls cops. EMS comes. Perp survives and claims, "I was a guest, we had an argument, he shot me... blah, blah, blah." Sues homeowner. Guy moved away before I ever heard the end of it.
  2. Where I grew up, you had deadbolts INSIDE and OUTSIDE your door. A serial rapist cruised our neighborhood for a few months. Tried to get into our house, the double deadbolts stopped him. He raped two women in a house down the block that night. A few weeks later, a homeowner confronted him outside, trying to break into the guys house. Perp pulled a gun, homeowner ventilated him with 00' buck. The guy *still* made it over the fence, where he collapsed and died. They tied him to numerous offenses through hair and fluids.
    None of this ever made the papers, it was well reported in the neighborhood watch association, tho'.

The clear holdings of Heller:

"1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

"3. The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment. The District's total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of "arms" that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this Cite as: 554 U. S. ____ (2008) 3 Syllabus prohibition—in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute—would fail constitutional muster. Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional. Because Heller conceded at oral argument that the D. C. licensing law is permissible if it is not enforced arbitrarily and capriciously, the Court assumes that a license will satisfy his prayer for relief and does not address the licensing requirement. Assuming he is not disqualified from exercising Second Amendment rights, the District must permit Heller to register his handgun and must issue him a license to carry it in the home. Pp. 56–64."

Therefore, while the 2A exists, this scenario doesn't in the US.

I also dislike fear mongering type emails and other stuff like this. It's kinda BS, like it's written all scary to evoke an emotional response. Which it does for some, so the original writer got what they wanted.

"WAKE UP AMERICA"..........everytime I read that I HAVE to wonder if the person typing it has ever done a damn thing to help protect our rights.
Fear Mongering? Gee, I thought the whole shebang was a pretty accurate summary of actual events in England. Help me out here, did some of that not actually happen? Was some part of it purposely exaggerated to evoke fear? If so, I missed it. Educate me.

Granted, England did not have our Second Amendment protection . . . but does our Second Amendment actually protect our natural rights, or is it just a dusty assemblage of words that "woke" politicians are free to ignore (like state constitutions are routinely ignored already here on the left coast)? So, I can't help but seriously wonder, could such a thing actually happen in the United States in spite of the Second Amendment? What's to stop it? Over.

Fear Mongering? Gee, I thought the whole shebang was a pretty accurate summary of actual events in England. Help me out here, did some of that not actually happen? Was some part of it purposely exaggerated to evoke fear? If so, I missed it. Educate me.

Granted, England did not have our Second Amendment protection . . . but does our Second Amendment actually protect our natural rights, or is it just a dusty assemblage of words that "woke" politicians are free to ignore (like state constitutions are routinely ignored already here on the left coast)? So, I can't help but seriously wonder, could such a thing actually happen in the United States in spite of the Second Amendment? What's to stop it? Over.
Brave men like in the state of California where when their rights were snubbed, rose up valiantly to right those wrongs.

Lol, in other words, good question.

I'm awake and fighting every day to keep and protect our great nation. Sounds like Most Americans are...too bad only the unjust ignorant and arrogant have the stage right now. I believe we will prevail !!!

I also dislike fear mongering type emails and other stuff like this. It's kinda BS, like it's written all scary to evoke an emotional response. Which it does for some, so the original writer got what they wanted.

"WAKE UP AMERICA"..........everytime I read that I HAVE to wonder if the person typing it has ever done a damn thing to help protect our rights.
The 2A community themselves scare each other with nonsense and hearsay. It's like a version of the human centipede... eat $hit and force feed it to others. People in America are free but are constantly looking for a line to find their place in to stand. Pathetic.

"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away"

Buffalo Springfield 1968

The 2A community themselves scare each other with nonsense and hearsay. . . .
True enough, I get 2-3 pages of it from the NRA and other chunks of alphabet every week . . . but I soon figured out that's all just to scare me into opening my wallet. Good gig, wish I'd thought of it first.

But, getting back on topic. Are you saying the OP's narrated events are "nonsense and hearsay"? I can agree that it's nonsense to wildly proclaim,"the sky is falling, send money" (and keep doing it, year after year after year after year). However, it's quite another thing to simply relate, blow by blow, how the sky already fell England, and caution Americans to wake up and pay attention. And that's all the email did.

I suspect that using email (to highlight England's sorry sequence of events) was a good effort to get that story out beyond the 2A community, out to folks that as yet have no idea what occurred there. Not a bad idea, I think, since we could use a bunch more patriotic letter-writers, capitol-step-standers, and voters involved in the effort to stem the leftist tide. Lord knows, the 2A community alone hasn't seemed able to muster enough patriots for the job.

"Wake up" , is the part of the cheesy , after school special story that lost me.
If 2 armed criminals are already in my house I'm done. Having a gun isn't going to change that. My wife might be able to throw a beer bottle or 2 at them, but I take around 40 minutes to get 1 foot on the floor anymore.

"Wake up" , is the part of the cheesy , after school special story that lost me.
If 2 armed criminals are already in my house I'm done. Having a gun isn't going to change that. My wife might be able to throw a beer bottle or 2 at them, but I take around 40 minutes to get 1 foot on the floor anymore.
Same. WAKE UP…… it's meaningless banter generally said by meaningless people.

Same. And if I do make it out of bed in time the intruders will be met by a pasty white, angry, disoriented, naked man with a pistol in his hand. No one wants to fight a naked guy. It's all part of the strategy. Haha. Hopefully they just turn and run.

Too long to read. My attention span isn't that wide.

It was long, but it was worth the effort. Everyone who cares for 2A rights should read it.

I don't know.....I'm not one to give up and throw in the towel.

Ditto for many of us, but a huge chunk of people who proclaim to care about 2A rights, likely do not know how they get taken away. The OP was the history of 2A rights destruction in England - the same tactics are being used in the USA.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are crystal clear that our Rights are God given and that government is accountable to We the People.

There will be an accounting.

Unfortunately, We the People includes a lot of anti-2A folks with more being added daily, so it is good that we are all reminded how easily our rights can be removed. That was the point of the OP.
Therefore, while the 2A exists, this scenario doesn't in the US.

The long history of gun rights destruction described in the OP is occurring daily in the US by the federal and state goobermints. They never stop nibbling.

Educate me.

You are correct - the OP was right on the money and a reminder that the same thing is happening here every day. We're just a few years behind them.

You can shoot from the bed. ;)

It was long, but it was worth the effort. Everyone who cares for 2A rights should read it.

Ditto for many of us, but a huge chunk of people who proclaim to care about 2A rights, likely do not know how they get taken away. The OP was the history of 2A rights destruction in England - the same tactics are being used in the USA.

Unfortunately, We the People includes a lot of anti-2A folks with more being added daily, so it is good that we are all reminded how easily our rights can be removed. That was the point of the OP.

The long history of gun rights destruction described in the OP is occurring daily in the US by the federal and state goobermints. They never stop nibbling.

You are correct - the OP was right on the money and a reminder that the same thing is happening here every day. We're just a few years behind them.

You can shoot from the bed. ;)
How is the same thing happening? Shotguns aren't illegal nor are most of them even on the radar. Americans are still allowed to protect themselves and their loved ones. ESPECIALLY in their home. I did read the whole post, and although I can sympathize with the situation I don't find many similarities between it and here.

I'm sure that forty years ago lot of gun-owners in England, Scotland and Australia thought the same as some of you do now. "It can never happen here."

Paranoia.

All-righty then.

Some of us have been around long enough to see what evolved in those countries, as well as several European (such as my family's home country, Finland) and EU countries, that formerly had centuries old traditions of lawful gun-ownership.

This, coupled with the new tradition of turning criminals into martyrs (George Floyd, anyone? Michael Brown?) SHOULD alarm all of you.

Was the piece in the OP a little over-the-top hyperbole? Yeah. But... for those that are only in their twenties or thirties, and haven't been around to see the creeping incrementalism occurring over the years, you accept things the way they are. Kinda like the frog in the pot of water put on the stovetop.

I lived in California for eleven years of my adult life --- I lived what's happening there, and I can't believe those of you in Oregon and Washington -- two states that ONCE had superb gun laws (or lack of gun laws) don't take this stuff seriously

How is the same thing happening? Shotguns aren't illegal nor are most of them even on the radar. Americans are still allowed to protect themselves and their loved ones. ESPECIALLY in their home. I did read the whole post, and although I can sympathize with the situation I don't find many similarities between it and here.
No situation with as maybe moving parts in play could ever resolve itself predictably.

Chaos theory, man.

We are a few years behind them, fortunately. But we are headed on the exact same path. It may take another 50 years, but England is where the left is pushing us, and they never stop pushing and nibbling at our rights.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top