JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why the sorrow? Overactive fear buying leads eventually to a crash in gun prices. Rough if you're a gun dealer, but great for me. Ditto for ammo.
I saw the price of surplus 223 and 7.62X39 and bulk 9mm drop some but most ammo is still high. Primers have dropped but are still higher than they were. Ditto for bullets and powder. I'm watching for the gun prices to drop but haven't seen much of that except for the price of a basic Bushmaster or something of that type of gun!

here is some info for you. <broken link removed> Arms Trade Treaty - The Hell With Congress It is not paranoia if it is really happening.

I read it. I also read about ATT. Sounds like propaganda. Also sounds like since the US is responsible for 40% of arms exports this is a move to stop that.

How well would it go over with a populace if a president signed a treaty w/o the approval of the Congress? I find it difficult to swallow that anyone is going to enforce such a treaty on the US if congress doesn't buy in.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so to each their own. I'm not worried. I do appreciate the link.

I read it. I also read about ATT. Sounds like propaganda. Also sounds like since the US is responsible for 40% of arms exports this is a move to stop that.

How well would it go over with a populace if a president signed a treaty w/o the approval of the Congress? I find it difficult to swallow that anyone is going to enforce such a treaty on the US if congress doesn't buy in.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so to each their own. I'm not worried. I do appreciate the link.

I would like to remark that all the people from IANSA are crazy. C R A Z Y.

it sounds like you don't think the govt. would or could turn on you. 7 posts now and you have shown that you think people being wary of the government are paranoid people or the government couldn't or wouldn't do some thing against you. read up on the NDAA. Here is something to think about.
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

You have a legitimate source on that? Or is that just paranoia?

Well, first, if you're going to quote me, please try to avoid creative editing. Second, while it's a bit off topic, some folks may figure that someone who was on the board of the Joyce Foundation for 11 years, has voted to confiscate virtually all long guns in his state, repeatedly voted against home defense laws, has appointed two rabidly anti-gun Supreme Court Justices, has hired more anti-gun cronies than you can shake a stick at, and has told the Brady Campaign that he has anti-gun stuff going on "under the radar" might not quite have our best interests in mind. But let's not get carried away. ;)

it sounds like you don't think the govt. would or could turn on you. 7 posts now and you have shown that you think people being wary of the government are paranoid people or the government couldn't or wouldn't do some thing against you. read up on the NDAA. Here is something to think about.
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

I remained silent;

I did not speak out;

I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,

I trust no one. That includes politicians. I do however take issue when people make blanket statements without posting the sources to back them up. Maybe you have sources. I won't know unless I ask.

Last Edited:
Well, first, if you're going to quote me, please try to avoid creative editing. Second, while it's a bit off topic, some folks may figure that someone who was on the board of the Joyce Foundation for 11 years, has voted to confiscate virtually all long guns in his state, repeatedly voted against home defense laws, has appointed two rabidly anti-gun Supreme Court Justices, has hired more anti-gun cronies than you can shake a stick at, and has told the Brady Campaign that he has anti-gun stuff going on "under the radar" might not quite have our best interests in mind. But let's not get carried away. ;)

I'm just asking for links so I can judge this information for myself.

Last Edited:
OK.... so as to not get this moved to 'Legal and Political'.........

I went to my local shop today.They like to have the shelves stocked as to make it hard to find a place for another gun.

They have plenty of room for many more.The owner took home a Sig and brought it back so the shelves weren't bare.
Ammo is doing the same thing up here.
Just wait a couple months till it's clear that Obama will win and the guns will all be on order

Davidson's is the biggest distributor in the NW. IT'S NOT THE ONLY ONE.

There is no shortage of guns. I interact with a couple of manufacturers on a pretty regular basis and I've never seen a holdup of more than a week, usually for an unusual order.

I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

I remained silent;

I did not speak out;

I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
Wow, someone asks why guns are on backorder and it must be because the ".GOV" is getting ready to put you into Auschwitz. -To say you're an idiot would be too kind.

A local FFL that I know well says the smaller stores are having trouble ordering new firearms. Pretty much how it started before the last election. Folks may figure that as a lame duck, The Exalted One will probably start his promised assault on the 2nd Amendment.

Well bubblegum, if that
s the case I have a AR 15 for sale for $2100 and a SIG 556 at a STEAL for $1900. Lots more too, just PM me.

Pro tip: If you want someone's help, don't misquote and insult them.

If that's an insult then someone is being much too sensitive.

Don't make statements with out the sources to back them up. A more than fair request.

Some paranoia is good. Keeps you vigilant. But if you are spending your free time making tin foil beanies, then you have a problem.

:p

FWIW, the Frey report mentioned in the Kopel info is super interesting. Borderline terrifying really.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top