JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else notice that hand gun stock seems to be drying up?

I was talking with my dad this evening about a Glock he wanted, I went to look it up on Davidsons and they have zero stock.

Did I miss something in the last couple of months?

Stock on most guns seems to be quite low in general.

I have noticed that certain handguns seem to be hard to find lately. Larger caliber revolvers, 1911's, ect, hk, sigs. I purchased a glock 22, and a glock 27 at NW Armory within the last few months. They seem to have a pretty good selection of glocks, they're located in portland. Keith's, in portland, probably has a good selection also.

Been waiting for a 24" Bushmaster stainless barrel for 5 months now. Nobody seems to have any in stock. The comment wherever I look is "backordered".

I think people need to get their heads out of their ***. People are getting so paranoid about the US govt, I'm more concerned about the Chinese govt. personally.

Can you post links?

Was it the entire US govt. or just corrupt individuals within? I don't think you will ever eliminate corruption in any government or any group for that matter.

I would like to see the war on drugs end. Legalize, tax the bubblegum out of it and then use those taxes to pay for drug education and health care for those that need it. I'm willing to bet you still have a tidy net profit. How many billions do we export due to drugs? Now imagine if all that money stayed in America. :)

I bet it would ease the burden on the penal system too.

I've noticed this also (on Davidsons and another site). When do companies do inventory for end-of-year tax purposes? Maybe this is just related to that? Don't want to have inventory on hand at the time?

Or, maybe this?

<broken link removed>

I bet you it is several factors:
1. End of year inventory
2. If you read the reports on gun sales - Obviously selling alot more
3. I am guessing the gun manufactirers are viewing it as a temporary issue vs committing a lot of money to increase capacity. So they are probably operating a full capacity. Expect prices to go up more.
4. The value of the dollar - impacting cost to make certain guns, or import certain guns. MAybe they are holding off buying raw materials?
5. With all the doomesday programs, and an election year in which if the incumbent is re-elected - their goal is to go after the 2nd amendment and guns. Then makes sense they are in short supply, more expensive, and manufacturers are correct in being cautious about adding capacity.

I think people need to get their heads out of their ***. People are getting so paranoid about the US govt, I'm more concerned about the Chinese govt. personally.

The Chinese gov't would not be such a threat if the US government was following the Constitution and doing it's duty therein

Can you post links?

Was it the entire US govt. or just corrupt individuals within? I don't think you will ever eliminate corruption in any government or any group for that matter.

I would like to see the war on drugs end. Legalize, tax the bubblegum out of it and then use those taxes to pay for drug education and health care for those that need it. I'm willing to bet you still have a tidy net profit. How many billions do we export due to drugs? Now imagine if all that money stayed in America. :)

I bet it would ease the burden on the penal system too.

Government never makes a "profit" they always use it to oppress. I prefer they are tied down going after drug users rather than gunners

Yes, distributors are low on inventory. A good friend of mine is an FFL, and he said he is having trouble maintaining his inventory because everything is back-ordered. Get 'em while you can, folks.

Where did the guns go? Same place the ammo went...to hoarders and panic buyers.

Well that's just not very nice! You forgot one, You left out Panic-hoarders! I unfortunately work with several of these types and good grief, they take prepping to A WHOLE NOTHA LEVEL!(old mad tv skit for the spelling Nazi's). One of the gents regularly spends 3/4 of his paycheck on "prepping" sadly for him he is completely bassackwards about the concept regardless of reasons why. He will buy any and all types of ammo "just in case" doesn't like bolt action rifles, thinks .22's are worthless so on and so forth. It would be comical to watch if he wasnt' so annoying and contributed to the panic/hysteria types that are responsible for driving up prices and demand!

Was at the Rickreall gun show over the weekend and there were pistols everywhere. Last time I was at Wholesale Sports in Salem they had lots of pistols, even the inexpensive models that fly off the shelf. Might be a shortage in a certain brand/model, but overall I would say there are plenty of guns in the distribution pipeline.

A local FFL that I know well says the smaller stores are having trouble ordering new firearms. Pretty much how it started before the last election. Folks may figure that as a lame duck, The Exalted One will probably start his promised assault on the 2nd Amendment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top