JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way it should be is places like NY and CA, NJ etc, that do not abide by Constitutional rights are banished from federal funding. Yes I realize now its the complete opposite. But for things to change, states that do not comply should be set alone on their own. Let see how long places like CA and NY would last not sucking from the federal teet ! In the USA in almost every known system, you do not comply they remove you or some form of act against your violation. Should be the same for states.

So it can be in your rig. I keep one in my motorhome.
If you have it on the computer you can take the LEO to the gov website to show him were he errors in knowing the laws.
Will he believe a book or the city/county/state website?
Or none of the above?lol
I get on the computer before I leave home and figure out what can and can't be done where I am thinking of going.
Then I drop the states that don't comply with what should be acceptable ,like Ca,Or and parts of Nevada.
So Nevada is out as they don't accept my Utah permit
http://www.utahsdi.com/map.html
OK it's back in as it takes my regular Idaho permit.
http://www.youcancarry.com/idaho-ccw-reciprocity/

Not only states, but Cities and some Quasi Governments ( like Metro in the PDX area)

NJ laws are different than NYC laws. But, because the Port of NY operates the Newark, NJ airport, you are subject to NYC laws in that area of NJ.

We really need some kind of federal protection - if they can't prove intent to break laws, then your local should count for something.

There have been a few NJ issues - such as a plane having to land at Newark - no intent to come to NJ nor NYC. Citizen picks up luggage, includes FA, no problem cause who knew. Then the next day, the trip resumes and Joe Citizen checks his luggage and FA just like he did originally. Well possession of a handgun without NYC permit is a felony at the Newark, NJ airport (or any other Port facility for that manner) and as he is checking it, he has declared it is his etc.
Most of those cases are plead to mis-misdemeanors, you pay a fine, promise not breaks laws in NY again and loose your FA.

NJ also prohibits certain ammo, stuff we all call self-defense, expanding or hollow points are a big no-no.

-----

I have not looked, but could the MN drop be due to those states going to Constitutional Carry?

Some states had specific reciprocity - if you honor ours, we'll honor yours.
With CC you no longer have a background check and therefor we can not honor that.

Every time you travel, check the laws - they may have changed, even in a week.
Last person I would ask about gun laws would be a rent-a-cop. 2nd to last would be the police, and after that, the DA, etc. Good way to get buggered is to rely on their (mis)information. Nothing against cops or District Attorneys. They don't pass the laws, idiot councils and f'tard legislatures do.

My experience is when airlines see a long case that's not skis or golf clubs, they assume gun. I have my company logo affixed on my case, and "FRAGILE" & "SENSITIVE INSTRUMENTS" on the outside with unmistakable this way up arrows all over it. I've had two ticket agents be surprised when I say, "I have a firearm to declare."

A buddy used to keep all his photographic equipment in a Pelican with a "RADIOACTIVE" logo and warnings all over it. People avoided that like the plague. I'd love to have that at an airport, but you know they'd say "not here!"

My Canadian friends thought I was paranoid about the bears, then that poor fellow in Yellowstone was eaten by a Grizzly a couple days later.

Dunno the details about this one, but I stopped reading about tourist morons being eaten by bears - every time one had been mauled, they smelled like the trout they had been catching all day.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..".
And then we all know what the second amendment (a right) says.
So in other words what? lol

"Dunno the details about this one, but I stopped reading about tourist morons being eaten by bears - every time one had been mauled, they smelled like the trout they had been catching all day." [/QUOTE]

Wow, really! I love tourist eaten by.....well, anything, tales! Very entertaining!;)

Ok, here's one ladies and gents.......how about a cruise say to Alaska? You leave the NW state of your choice and head north, to Alaska, go North the Rush is on....,

:cool:
Brutus Out

I've done that cruise, no weapons allowed on the ship, no how, no way. No option to declare firearms, they are simply a no no. Metal detectors, x-ray, just like the airport.

Not only states, but Cities and some Quasi Governments ( like Metro in the PDX area)

NJ laws are different than NYC laws. But, because the Port of NY operates the Newark, NJ airport, you are subject to NYC laws in that area of NJ.

We really need some kind of federal protection - if they can't prove intent to break laws, then your local should count for something.

There have been a few NJ issues - such as a plane having to land at Newark - no intent to come to NJ nor NYC. Citizen picks up luggage, includes FA, no problem cause who knew. Then the next day, the trip resumes and Joe Citizen checks his luggage and FA just like he did originally. Well possession of a handgun without NYC permit is a felony at the Newark, NJ airport (or any other Port facility for that manner) and as he is checking it, he has declared it is his etc.
Most of those cases are plead to mis-misdemeanors, you pay a fine, promise not breaks laws in NY again and loose your FA.

NJ also prohibits certain ammo, stuff we all call self-defense, expanding or hollow points are a big no-no.

-----

I have not looked, but could the MN drop be due to those states going to Constitutional Carry?

Some states had specific reciprocity - if you honor ours, we'll honor yours.
With CC you no longer have a background check and therefor we can not honor that.
Y'all start that federal carry permit,then you have the feds to deal with.
All the feds want is to take our guns.You tell them we need help with all the local laws to keep track,they will tell you you aren't competent enough to carry a gun.
You don't want any help from the feds. At least I don't

@mjbskwim I was thinking more like federally mandated reciprocity. When you drive in another state, you have to comply with their driving laws, except you don't have to get one of their driving licences.
is it a federal law that states have to honor out of state drivers license?

@mjbskwim I was thinking more like federally mandated reciprocity. When you drive in another state, you have to comply with their driving laws, except you don't have to get one of their driving licences.
I understand. But it still puts the feds in their and I don't like that idea
I know they will screw it up somehow being that they don't want us to have guns in the first place
I think folks who support this have WAY too much faith they would set it up with our best interests in mind
And imagine the training you would need to get that card.Think LEO basic training

Signed,not trusting the gubment at all,
Mike

I just cannot fathom how we have allowed our country/states to pass laws that violate our constitutional rights.

Im quite sure the founding fathers meant you dont need permission to keep and bear arms, Openly or concealed.
We should be able to go state to state with our LOADED firearms. What use is an unloaded one?

I sure hope one day someone proves how dangerous unloaded carry is. Thats precious time that could save a life.
But thats beside the point, the point is we have allowed states like NY to demonize something that every American has the constitutional right to.. But then again.. The east coast is notorious for violating peoples rights.

Is it messed up that I wish for a serious viral outbreak that wipes out the entire east part of our nation?
It's like I read somewhere...The government is slowly taking away All of our Constitutional Rights...and Selling them Back to us In the form of Permits.

Its cases like this, the NRA should be sitting at her side in court and using this as case study for the future.
If this was a case of Cannabis , every liberal would have a lawyer at her side.

The law says there is no excuse for not having its knowledge and that we are also allowed to cross USA state borders unmolested. There are an estimate 900 trillion pages of laws in the USA from Federal to City that are active it is impossible for any person to have knowledge and read all the laws that exist and that change each year state to state. If I read Oregon laws last week, and then next week when SB941 goes into effect there is a huge difference in how these things work. The issue is the sovereignty of America is amazing to have yet it also allows so many varied laws and so many violation of rights there is simply not enough time in 10 life times to fix this without a revolution.

Amen, well said...!!!!!!!!!

Zombie thread, but I'll play. As an LEO, I can carry in all 50 states and US territories. I am exempt to any local law concerning non-NFA regulated pistols and ammunition. I even carry while on the aircraft as a part of my duties........BUT........LEOSA does not exempt me from laws regarding magazine capacity. In states with magazine capacity laws, I must abide by those laws while carrying off duty. No one I work with believed me until I printed it off and handed everyone a highlighted copy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top