JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tried a new seasoning tonight and it's really good. I usually just do salt, pepper, and garlic but this, this could be a new thing

20230610_172152.jpg 20230610_193231.jpg 20230610_193259.jpg

Ok, I'll have to look into that. We love cooking on flat tops but it's tough to get a good sear, even with the Blackstone on high.
This is a discada; made from a 24in plow disc. It's similar to a wok, but the main difference is that it has a shallower dish, and is way thicker than traditional woks. It's roughly 1/4in thick and made of carbon steel.

My father has a black stone; it's awesome, but this gets significantly hotter. I use a propane burner from a turkey fryer. Even on its lowest heat level, the BTUs are impressive.

This is a discada; made from a 24in plow disc. It's similar to a wok, but the main difference is that it has a shallower dish, and is way thicker than traditional woks. It's roughly 1/4in thick and made of carbon steel.

My father has a black stone; it's awesome, but this gets significantly hotter. I use a propane burner from a turkey fryer. Even on its lowest heat level, the BTUs are impressive.
Very nice! I like the idea of getting heat like that. Thank you for the info.

Pork shoulder. Smoked for 8hr. Getting ready for a foil wrap and final hour cook before getting pulled apart and placed upon a Hawaiian sweet roll for some sliders.

IMG_20230616_170357176~2.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews