JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't feel like making much of a fuss about dinner, but since @ferret427 posted tonight, I guess I will, too...

Bourbon & brown sugar-marinated and grilled boneless pork loin, steamed & buttered broccoli florets w/parmesan cheese, an organic mixed baby spring greens salad with Italian dressing, and a house red to wash it all down. SIG C3 1911 as the culinary pew-pew...

Pork loins12.JPG

Last Edited:
Thanks, Ferret and Sobo, for the pics of mouth-watering grub.

However, I'm now officially starving to death!
Not sure what to do tonight, not up for much effort. Maybe one of the cheap Hormel pork loins and fries...or maybe a Poppa Murphys. FINALLY got the crust to cook right. Oven was no good no matter what I tried. Smoker to the rescue. Take pizza, turn upside down on pizza plate. Cut off plastic. Peel off stupid paper plate and lightly flour or cornmeal bottom of pizza, put mesh pan on top and flip. Frmove rest of plastic and put in smoker at listed temp. No more soggy crust on bottom.

Nah. Going for pork and fries.

Grilled NY strip steak (medium rare), baked steak fries w/Sobo's secret sauce, steamed & buttered broccoli florets, and a mixed artisan organic baby spring greens salad with Italian dressing. Several OFs with which to wash all this loveliness down. SIG P320 Carry/Compact in .40 S&W is the evening's culinary pew-pew. No, it didn't shoot all by itself, despite all the pearls clutched by all the Nervous Nellies out there... :rolleyes:

NYS16.JPG

I made meatloaf my way giggity.
2lbs 20% hamburger
1lb ground lamb
3 eggs
1.5c rolled oats
Salt pepper granulated garlic and onion
Half head cabbage medium chopped
Probably forgetting something
Mix with hands
350f 30m convection
Makes 2 big loafs

Yep, I'm the meatloaf/ball master

I made meatloaf my way giggity.
2lbs 20% hamburger
1lb ground lamb
3 eggs
1.5c rolled oats
Salt pepper granulated garlic and onion
Half head cabbage medium chopped
Probably forgetting something
Mix with hands
350f 30m convection
Makes 2 big loafs

Yep, I'm the meatloaf/ball master
Love me some meatloaf! Going to try your setup for sure. Like the idea of lamb. Haven't used oats. Salivating thinking of it. Smoke it. You won't be sorry (if you haven't noticed, we got a smoker last year, and I'm still in honeymoon mode with it).

What do you finish it with (like sauce) if anything?

Love me some meatloaf! Going to try your setup for sure. Like the idea of lamb. Haven't used oats. Salivating thinking of it. Smoke it. You won't be sorry (if you haven't noticed, we got a smoker last year, and I'm still in honeymoon mode with it).

What do you finish it with (like sauce) if anything?
Well, when it's hot, I don't generally don't put anything like ketchup on it but half the time I'll put some ketchup on it cold. Oh, and I wrote "granulated" onion and garlic but it's minced.. my secret weapon.
I got tired of stuffing cabbage for cabbage rolls and figured this would work since my regular meatloaf is awesome.
Also, I pretty much stopped stuffing wonton wrappers (different recipe of course), just dropping tiny pork/lamb meatballs into killer stock and pre-made "fresh" Udon noodles. Nobody got time fo dat.

Rib eyes!

And maybe the neighbor's dogs if they don't shut the hell up!

Maybe another wee bourbon would help?
Damn that avatar is appropriate. Once again!
I've got "people-that-live-near-me", 3-houses away, wouldn't call them neighbors, that have two terrible dogs that bark. It's like they put them in their back yard and close the door? The dogs stand at the door and BARK. I have to admit though, that the screaming at the top of my lungs to "SHUT THE DOGS UP" may have caused them to do something about it because it's lessened quite a bit. OR, the people that live right next door to them did something?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top