JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me know how it turns out for you. I've owned two. A Daniel Boone and a Davy Crockett . Both would leave a layer of black soot all over the food. Didn't see it very bad on dark color meets like steak or brisket. But if you wanted to grill a pork chop or a chicken breast and not have Q sauce on it there would be a fine layer of black like a diesel truck rolled coal all over your food. They did fine as long the set temp was below 225.

I absolutely love my webber and I grill on it year round, but I never mastered smoking with it. Every time I tried my temps would fluctuate from 175 to 350 :s0114:. I use a little propane Coleman smoker and I'm really happy with the meat that comes off of it. I even tapped in a 4in diameter pipe that powers my wood smoke house for jerky and sausages.

I get it. Short answer, you cheat. :s0140: I'm no pro with the Weber, even a noob you could say. Wifey got it for me for Christmas 2018. I basically "Play" with it. As you say 175-350. That's why I do stuff for an hour and finish in the oven. I was never a charcoal guy much. But seeing as I have it, and didn't have to buy it, I enjoy the heck out of it. flavor can't be matched with the gas grill.

I always though about one of the electric/propane stand-ups. They are certainly affordable. My problem with them was they won't dependably smoke at temps 150-160 which is what I do smoked salmon at. Shouldn't matter now seeing as I quit giving the state money for fish that aren't there so much anymore

Dang that makes me hungry for some pork loin! I haven't smoked one since Super Bowl.
I stuffed it with a pepper and cheese mix then wrapped it in bacon. Next to that is a meatloaf also wrapped in bacon.
Yeah, I have a bacon problem.. .

View attachment 681319

Oh my good lord that pork looks gooood!

Tonight was a USDA choice ribeye, medium rare. Home made ceasar salad on the side. Pacifico with lime to wash it all down.

20200411_183159.jpg

Sunday was a medium rare ribeye off the barby, baby red garlic smashed taters, steamed mixed veggies, and a shrimp cocktail.
Dessert was French vanilla bean ice cream with Smuckers real hot fudge, not that fake schit from Hershey's...
Ribeye.JPG

Angus 4lb roast from Walmart. 3 hours @ 275. Shook some Weber seasoning on, that's about it. Came out perfect, slices paper thin with one of my Shun knives. We've been grazing on it for a couple of days now.
Followed it up with a bad@ss Lithuanian beer. 15%ABV. Amazing brew. Hey, Lithuanian beer....it's not just for breakfast anymore.

IMG_20200517_123136.jpg IMG_20200517_195421.jpg IMG_20200517_121304.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads