JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I smoked a prime rib in my wood fired oven. I did this one different than my normal cook. In my wood oven I normally wrap them in foil after a good sear. That helps keep the meat pink all the way to the bark and still hit 130*. The wood fired oven does not cool off fast like a standard home oven so protection of wrapping is needed.

On this one I wanted more smoke flavor and the wife wanted it medium not medium rare (it's her birthday tomorrow so I did it her way). I controlled the heat in the oven to a perfect 500* and seared the roast for 25-30 minutes then knocked the fire and coals down and put the door on the oven. No wrapping. We hit 130* and all was done.

Very good smoke flavor cooking with oak and the perfect medium she asked for. Butter tender and oh so good!!!

Sobo decided to make up for last night's L00zr of a dinner of soup and salad.
Tonight, a NY strip steak, steak fries, mixed veggies, a Caprese salad, and a few OFs and a decanter of house red with which to wash it all down...
NYS10.01.JPG
NYS10.02.JPG

Suddenly yesterday my sense of taste went away.... you guys.... I think I'm gonna cry! Not even the hottest hot sauce I could taste. It's weird because I could feel it burning my tongue but, no taste

Oh I already know. I tested positive last week
Damn man, hope it comes back. WAY back when I lost my taste and smell I never thought about a test. But I lost mine gradually over a period of a few months. And a complete loss after about a year. It's pretty effed up because it affected me in ways you might not think of. I'm not able to come up with what I want to fix for dinner. Nothing sounds good = can't think of anything. I've been chief cook and bottle washer for close to 50 years.

Damn man, hope it comes back. WAY back when I lost my taste and smell I never thought about a test. But I lost mine gradually over a period of a few months. And a complete loss after about a year. It's pretty effed up because it affected me in ways you might not think of. I'm not able to come up with what I want to fix for dinner. Nothing sounds good = can't think of anything. I've been chief cook and bottle washer for close to 50 years.
And its still gone? That's sucks man. The crazy thing is that it just randomly went away yesterday and all my other symptoms were pretty much gone by then. I've heard anywhere from a week to months before people get it back.
At least it should be easier to eat healthy for awhile

And kudos to you for proper firearm placement. Ejection port facing up in both photos.

Assuming right handedness.
Indeed, I am. But I'm also one of those crazy guys that's right-side strong and left-eye dominant. We're just weird that way...

Same here! Right eye is about as blurry as Biden's approval ratings.

Did some garlic herb chicken for pesto pasta. Such a great combo.

View attachment 1126071View attachment 1126070
Looks delish, 2W4E! I was shopping at my local winco tonight, and there was not a chicken breast to be found! :eek:
Tons of drumsticks and thighs, and quarters, but no whole whole birds and no split breasts. I was really looking just for some breasts.

And @solv3nt, I know exactly where that last line is going...

Looks delish, 2W4E! I was shopping at my local winco tonight, and there was not a chicken breast to be found! :eek:
Tons of drumsticks and thighs, and quarters, but no whole whole birds and no split breasts. I was really looking just for some breasts.

I personally prefer the thighs over the breasts. More fat and darker meat.

I personally prefer the thighs over the breasts. More fat and darker meat.
Ga' dang you guys. You make it sooo easy.

I'll just say, I look for breasts too. Cant help it. Something from my early childhood I think.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads