JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
783151C6-05C9-4F8A-BFDC-70CFF67D5248.jpeg
Picked up the oldest son and grandson from the airport. Doing steaks, smashed Yukon gold potatoes and collard greens for dinner..

Did a 6# prime rib in my wood fired oven. 30 minutes at 500* then knocked the fire down, wrapped the roast in foil, and let it sit in the oven until it hit 130*. I had to rest the meat an hour before the sides for the meal were ready so instead of medium rare it was closer to medium.....but still juicy and oh so buttery tender.

Fixed me a NY strip steak a couple-three nights ago. Hadn't had a steak since just before Christmas. Damn, that slab was delish...
NYS09.01.JPG NYS09.02.JPG

Tonight, it's gonna be BBQ'd boneless pork loins. They're steeping in the bourbon & brown sugar marinade as I type this...
Gonna go fix an OF (or three) whilst I get the grill warmed up. Be back with picherz once dinner is served... or eaten...

Pic is in...
Pork loins7.JPG
It was delicious... My eyes were bigger than my stomach, though, so I ate only one of those critters.
The two sides were leftovers from Steak Night (the top two pics) earlier this week.
Saving that other hunk o' sow for a sammich later this coming week. Oughta be purdy damn tasty...

Last Edited:
Mongorian Beef toooo-night! Vely spicy! You rike! Tlust me! You see!

Mongorian Beef02.JPG

@BBQ Guy here's a simple hack to try. Mix some Gorgonzola Cheese with some Balsamic Vinegar (ratio based on your preference), and try it with the meat.

We got the idea from Grazie Ristorante in North Seattle.

FILETTO GORGONZOLA

beef tenderloin medallions pan-seared and finished with balsamic gorgonzola cream sauce, topped with frizzled onions, served with garlic mashed potatoes

1643291820000.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top