JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn, man! That's awesome!

Since you mentioned those pitas were homemade, you obviously know the secret to a question that has vexed me for years...
How do you get 'em to end up hollow inside? Serious question...
Easy peasy. Heat. I'm talking hotter than Marilyn Monroe in a bikini on the beach hot 😂. Thin bread dough magically puffs up.

Got a pork shoulder defrosted going to add the rub in little bit and put on the pellet smoker/ grill in the morning. PXL_20220129_041500162.MP.jpg

Leftovers tonight...
Fettucine w/sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil garnish, lamb chops, and a Caprese salad.
A few Campari and sodas and a glass of house red with which to wash it all down...

Fettucine and lamb chops.JPG

You forgot to mention the 1911 .
Yes, you are correct. When enjoying a dish of pasta with lamb, Don Corleone demands that the 1911 in AMT long-slide variant be close at hand.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli..."

@sobo is this your cooking channel!?

I wish! That dude makes some seriously delicious stuff! I'm gonna hafta search through his video playlist for steaks! Did you see some of those recipes!?

I can cook over open fire in the forest, and have done so many times. I really like a good baked potato, roasted corn-on-cob, and a steak cooked directly upon the coals (we called it Caveman Steak in the Boy Scouts, BITD). Now that's some mighty fine eatin'...

Collard Greens! Man after my own heart! I've never been able to master the art of collard greens. I love any greens though. 'Cept cooked spinach. It's meant to be eaten raw. Too many other greens that are good cooked. My preference is mustard greens. Easy to grow. Quicker to cook. Young small leaves are wonderful in salads or on sandwiches. And mustard isn't near as susceptible to aphids and cabbage worms.

If you have any kind of decent sized garden plot try flinging some mustard green seeds around early. When I had my big plot I let some mustard plants go to seed. Just anywhere in your fresh turned soil. Spray a little water around to seat the seeds. The mustard will be starting to grow when you planting your warm weather stuff. By the time your summer crops are needing the room the mustard will be ready to use. Pull whole plants, cut just larger leaves, go inside the plant and take the tender new leaves. Good stuff man!

You ever try radish greens? They're great too.

The remains of 2 very large racks of ribs each seasoned and sauced differently. There were no complaints by anyone.

View attachment 1119473
No complaints!? NO COMPLAINTS!!!??? :eek::eek::eek:

I gotta complaint! Where was MY invitation to dinner? I had soup and salad last night! I'll show ya complaints... :mad:

Collard Greens! Man after my own heart! I've never been able to master the art of collard greens. I love any greens though. 'Cept cooked spinach. It's meant to be eaten raw. Too many other greens that are good cooked. My preference is mustard greens. Easy to grow. Quicker to cook. Young small leaves are wonderful in salads or on sandwiches. And mustard isn't near as susceptible to aphids and cabbage worms.

If you have any kind of decent sized garden plot try flinging some mustard green seeds around early. When I had my big plot I let some mustard plants go to seed. Just anywhere in your fresh turned soil. Spray a little water around to seat the seeds. The mustard will be starting to grow when you planting your warm weather stuff. By the time your summer crops are needing the room the mustard will be ready to use. Pull whole plants, cut just larger leaves, go inside the plant and take the tender new leaves. Good stuff man!

You ever try radish greens? They're great too.
We will have to try growing them (mustard greens) this year. We have put up collard greens the last two years and have given away collard greens to friends and family as we have had an over abundance of them. What I really loved was having fresh basil and making my own pesto for homemade pizzas!!

We will have to try growing them (mustard greens) this year. We have put up collard greens the last two years and have given away collard greens to friends and family as we have had an over abundance of them. What I really loved was having fresh basil and making my own pesto for homemade pizzas!!
Any time I've grown collards I ended up with them getting aphids and worms so bad I gave up on them. I told myself I needed use the BT but ended up not going to the trouble. Seriously, if want to try mustard, just fling some seeds around your planting areas and leave the ones that aren't in your way and harvest them as they grow. Trying to plant a row of them you can never get them spaced properly with out a lot of trying to get them a foot apart. The small leaves give a good burn like that Chinese mustard.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top