JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tonight's grill content's are pork bockwurst with a little smoke sauce rub, broccoli and onions!
Quick and easy since the better half and I worked all wknd changing the POS area at the store. Too lazy to take a picture and too busy sucking down vodka with fresh picked blackberries, lemon juice and club soda!!!🤗

Tonight's grill content's are pork bockwurst with a little smoke sauce rub, broccoli and onions!
Quick and easy since the better half and I worked all wknd changing the POS area at the store. Too lazy to take a picture and too busy sucking down vodka with fresh picked blackberries, lemon juice and club soda!!!🤗
Welp, you know what comes next...

:s0122:

Too lazy to take a picture
It ain't that hard to click a pic and post it fer the rest of us, Jack...
C'mon, man! :s0140:

A hefty NY strip, medium rare, roasted corn-on-the-cob, and another delicious Caprese salad.
Washed down with a coupla Campari n' sodas and a local Cab...

IMG_9722.JPG

65268276062__6CD50C7E-9723-4DCD-BF21-7C6E31879FFC.jpg

Why, yes. Yes, I have. But not all folks in Middle East war zones are doorkickers and triggerpullers...
Okay, well, doesn't sound like fun, to me, and surrounded by natives that believe in a religion that call for the death of people that are lgbtq and don't allow their women to show their faces out doors and many other wack beliefs, (IMO), sounds like a dangerous job to me. What ever you did, it looks like you and your work mates were of great service, one way or the other.

Okay, well, doesn't sound like fun, to me, and surrounded by natives that believe in a religion that call for the death of people that are lgbtq and don't allow their women to show their faces out doors and many other wack beliefs, (IMO), sounds like a dangerous job to me. What ever you did, it looks like you and your work mates were of great service, one way or the other.
In my 30+ year career, I would have to say that my 28 months in AFG was the most fun I ever had on a project. I can't describe it in just a few words, but the level of freedom (from a job perspective - not actual freedom) to accomplish your objective, the adrenaline and excitement, the deprivations and squalor, the rather sporting rides on innumerable different rotary-wing aircraft to far reaches of the country to my bases - all of it added up to one helluva rockin' good time!

Yes, it was dangerous at times. Weekly rocket attacks, several insider shooting attacks, two explosive base breaches, and being personally targeted at least once, but what a ride! My job was managing the design, construction, upkeep and dismantling of 17 FOBs and COPs out of the 50-odd ones built in the southern AOR. I was responsible for more bases than any other project manager in my AOR. For my first 6 months in country, I had half that many. But one of my workmates was notified by his wife as he stood in line to board the plane in Dubai for his trip back to Kandahar after one of his R&Rs that the lottery ticket he had purchased while on R&R had come up a winner. He was now a millionaire. He never boarded the plane, never came back for his stuff, and I inherited his bases "until we can hire someone else to take them over from you." As anyone who has ever been in the military knows, if you show an aptitude for something, then that becomes your new job. I didn't know that yet, never having been in the military. But I got his bases, and for the next 22 months, I was pretty busy, as you might imagine... :)

Just one of my many chariots...
Blackhawk gunner port.1.jpg

Blackhawk interior.jpg

Me and my buddy Michael from New York (big Jets fan, as you can see by his helmet).
He ran the "sanitation department" at my first base.
He let me light the burn pile before I left this base to lead another group at a different base.
It was an honor reserved for a very select few...
Burn pit_03.jpg

Burn pit_11.jpg

My first office and crew.
Curtis (from Fort Worth, TX) was my "XO" and Ema (from Bosnia) was my administrative assistant.
MOD Squad.01.cropped.jpg

You might remember Curtis from this post from earlier in this very thread.
Curtis.jpg

Note the "near-beer" hanging from a coat hanger bracket at the AC unit in the corner. Just one of my many inventions.
And the required exit sign over the door. We made fun of the requirement that ALL EXITS MUST BE MARKED.
Yep, in a box the size of an 8' x 20' shipping container, with only one way in or out, it HAD TO BE MARKED.
So we marked it...
Walton office.01.jpg

So many more cool pics, but I should really stop crapping all over this thread.

Last Edited:
Another round of sweet & sour polk.
It velly velly yummy. You rike it! You see!
Sweet-n-Sour Polk02.JPG

Mary tried to sneak another one of those cute little fuzzballs into school, but ya can't fool me...
Lamb chops03.JPG

Mary tried to sneak another one of those cute little fuzzballs into school, but ya can't fool me...
View attachment 1031534
That's some good lookin Meat right there!
You ever marinate it up Greek style and then slow cook it in the crock pot all day? I tells ya, that's the best there is! Add some scalloped taters and fresh crusty bread and your eatin like a king!

That's some good lookin Meat right there!
You ever marinate it up Greek style and then slow cook it in the crock pot all day? I tells ya, that's the best there is! Add some scalloped taters and fresh crusty bread and your eatin like a king!
If I was gonna marinate lamb up in Greek style, I'd prolly go straight to kabobs or a gyro sammich. I'm not much for crock-pot cooking. Just sayin'...

Another round of Mongorian Beef tonight.
Velly spicy! You rike it, tlust me!
Mogorian Beef02.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews