JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Past couple of nights.

IMG_20210827_173559787.jpg IMG_20210825_181707785_HDR.jpg

Not from the grill, but I was in a hurry for dindin tonight. and this fit the bill.
But not to worry, mates, I'll be grillin' all weekend...
Beef-n-bloccori02.JPG

Grilled baby back pork ribs, roasted corn-on-the-cob, and an organic artisan salad of mixed baby spring greens with Italian dressing.
All washed down with several OFs...

Ribs03.JPG

Grilled baby back pork ribs, roasted corn-on-the-cob, and an organic artisan salad of mixed baby spring greens with Italian dressing.
All washed down with several OFs...

View attachment 1025564
I don't know who eats that much corn? You know what that does to your system? I wish i could get you some of my fresh off the vine Blue Lake pole Beans. I don't know what them shiny rock hard things they sell in the stores are, I got what beans should be! And hot-house grown spring greens barely come to my house this time of year when there's fresh basil, cukes and red ripe tomatoes from my own soil.

I don't know who eats that much corn? You know what that does to your system? I wish i could get you some of my fresh off the vine Blue Lake pole Beans. I don't know what them shiny rock hard things they sell in the stores are, I got what beans should be! And hot-house grown spring greens barely come to my house this time of year when there's fresh basil, cukes and red ripe tomatoes from my own soil.
I love corn-on-the-cob! What's wrong with it?
I just had my second colo-ramassery, and I'm still clean as a whistle at 61 yoa, so do please explain your concern over my maize consumption.

Re the home garden, I just don't have the time nor interest to devote to something like that. However, I have two very nice 4' x 8' raised planter beds that used to have veggies growing in them when I was married, but no longer. Now, they sit idle, fallow, and untilled...

I just had my second colo-ramassery, and I'm still clean as a whistle at 61 yoa, so do please explain your concern over my maize consumption.

Re the home garden, I just don't have the time nor interest to devote to something like that. However, I have two very nice 4' x 8' raised planter beds that used to have veggies growing in them when I was married, but no longer. Now, they sit idle, fallow, and untilled...
All corn sold/grown in the United States is GMO!
The Human body cannot/does not process GMO Corn properly, but pulls the glutens and sugars out of it, BAD stuff for you!
There have been lots of studies on this, showing how bad corn and it's byproducts are for you!

Sucks, as I love corn on the cob!

I love corn on the cob (kind of)! Wifey loves it too. And because my grandma didn't have a one of her own teeth in her mouth she always cut hers of the ear. And I do too, even though I have almost all my teeth. I'm not going to be eatin' it 2-3 times a week though. I don't even want to know what that'd be like.

Since I lost my sense of taste/smell my own beans, cukes and tomatoes are really important. Store bought cuke may as well make me nauseous because what taste I do get is terrible. My own grown doesn't do that to me. It's been difficult to get my vegies as I have zero apatite for them usually. I've always been one to stuff equal veggies to meat, to starch in myself at dinner time. If you like cucumbers you'd be amazed at how bad the hot-house store bought would taste after growing some yourself.

Interesting love life life description...
I'm actually quite happy with my life now, and have a much better relationship with my kids' mother than I did for the latter third of our marriage.
It's simply amazing what distance and money can accomplish.
Today, I consider myself... happily divorced! :)

Last Edited:
I'm not going to be eatin' it 2-3 times a week though. I don't even want to know what that'd be like.
Again, you allude to some sort of nefarious secret surrounding corn-on-the-cob, yet you have not yet disclosed the dark tale. Do tell!

All corn sold/grown in the United States is GMO!
The Human body cannot/does not process GMO Corn properly, but pulls the glutens and sugars out of it, BAD stuff for you!
There have been lots of studies on this, showing how bad corn and it's byproducts are for you!
Are you tellin' me that my CSA-produced* corn-on-the-cob is somehow not as pure as the driven snow?

* Community Supported Agriculture

Are you tellin' me that my CSA-produced* corn-on-the-cob is somehow not as pure as the driven snow?

* Community Supported Agriculture
Ask where the seed comes from!

Hint, it comes from a gov. sanctioned cartel OWNED by the fed. gov.
It has been genetically modified to grow bigger and faster, but is sterile, so no seed!
You would have to physically go down deep into Mexico and get the "Real Thing" there, and some how bring it up here with out getting caught!
I know for a fact, commercial crops get inspected, as do the seeds, and if your found to be non compliant, it's a YUGE fine and they destroy the crop!

Ask where the seed comes from!

Hint, it comes from a gov. sanctioned cartel OWNED by the fed. gov.
It has been genetically modified to grow bigger and faster, but is sterile, so no seed!
You would have to physically go down deep into Mexico and get the "Real Thing" there, and some how bring it up here with out getting caught!
I know for a fact, commercial crops get inspected, as do the seeds, and if your found to be non compliant, it's a YUGE fine and they destroy the crop!
Well, even after all of that, I'm still gonna chow down on my c-o-c, cuz it's just so damned good.
An' I ain't gonna lissen to you no mo' about it. :s0002:

I'm stubborn as a mule that way... :rolleyes:

Again, you allude to some sort of nefarious secret surrounding corn-on-the-cob, yet you have not yet disclosed the dark tale. Do tell!
Seeing as I started this, and was called on my "Assumptions" of lack of digestive completion of corn. I also figured the health benefits of corn must be off because of the above assumption. I did some research! Turns out corn is plenty dang good for you!. And ME! And there's no definitive proof that GMO corn is likely to be harmful or any less nutritional than non GMO corn. At least that's the way "I" see it when there's no solid connection between GMO and Harm to humans.

Nothing on MY grill tonight. I do have 1/4 smoked chicken left from the weber three days ago that we'll be slicing and making Banh Mi with tonight

Seeing as I started this, and was called on my "Assumptions" of lack of digestive completion of corn. I also figured the health benefits of corn must be off because of the above assumption. I did some research! Turns out corn is plenty dang good for you!. And ME! And there's no definitive proof that GMO corn is likely to be harmful or any less nutritional than non GMO corn. At least that's the way "I" see it when there's no solid connection between GMO and Harm to humans.

Nothing on MY grill tonight. I do have 1/4 smoked chicken left from the weber three days ago that we'll be slicing and making Banh Mi with tonight
I am vindicated!
In celebration, I will be havin' yet another ear tonight with my lamb chops.
Heck, mebbe even another tomorrow night with my NY strip steak! :D

Bless you, Red Green Mike! :cool:

Last Edited:
So, I spent waaaaaaaay too much time dinkin' around on this site today, and didn't get out of the house to get my errands done until late in the afternoon...
That caused my grillin' plans to crater, but all of this talk about ancient balsamic vinegar and fresh mozzarella, combined with @Mikej's bragging on his fresh basil, all conspired to throw me into a Caprese crave...
So I postponed preparing Mary's little lamb, and went with charcuterie, cheeses, and a delicious Caprese salad (with fresh mozzarella, of course)...

This beautiful Caprese, here "undressed"...
Charcuterie-n-Caprese01.JPG

And here, completely dressed and ready for consumption...
Charcuterie-n-Caprese02.JPG

All of the above was washed down with Campari and sodas, in keeping with the Italian theme for the evening.
After a few of those, I finished off everything, including my raspberry-glazed chocolate cake (not seen), with a fine local Cab.
I am sated...

Last Edited:
So, I spent waaaaaaaay too much time dinkin' around on this site today, and didn't get out of the house to get my errands done until late in the afternoon...
That caused my grillin' plans to crater, but all of this talk about ancient balsamic vinegar and fresh mozzarella, combined with @Mikej's bragging on his fresh basil, all conspired to throw me into a Caprese crave...
So I postponed preparing Mary's little lamb, and went with charcuterie, cheeses, and a delicious Caprese salad (with fresh mozzarella, of course)...

This beautiful Caprese, here "undressed"...
View attachment 1026296

And here, completely dressed and ready for consumption...
View attachment 1026297

All of the above was washed down with Campari and sodas, in keeping with the Italian theme for the evening.
After a few of those, I finished off everything, including my raspberry-glazed chocolate cake (not seen), with a fine local Cab.
I am sated...
Good God MAN! Were you a gourmet chef in the service! You even talk funny like chef's do. :D

I wish my Wifey was more into cooking. But then in our 34 years I've been the one home early enough to cook. And she's never got the hang of it.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top